The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default u29 camp report

Im no Kaylore and socal, but I love reading every report i can, here is what i saw cut and pasted from BF.

ok- lets do this. First of all there were a billion people today. You think tebow has a circus, dayum! This was the entire barnum and bailey show today. I saw two guys with a freaking cooler on wheels. Anyway for the good stuff.

It was near impossible to see with all the people in the way and I got there 1 hour early (7:45) to be exact, but what I focused on was the qbs, return game, RBs, DL, offense as a whole and wolf.

As best I can tell our starters on offense are:
manning, mcgahee, same OL as last year, with dressen at TE and DT and Decker at WR....We brought in a FB a fair amount (sylvester) and caldwell on occasion too.

Return game- The returners were (in no order)- syd, bolden, decker, porter, florence and I think dell-not positive.
Syd- had to drops from the jugs machine, and bobbled another. Which sucks because he was one of my fav. returners. I think he either makes the team as a PR guy or gets axed. He did look good with moves once he caught the ball though.

Decker- looked solid at fielding the punts, good form and hands. I think we make him our emergency guy.
Porter- Looked real good I thought, he is fast too. A quick little guy
Bolden- didnt see him much- sorry not a lot to report here.
Florence- caught the ball well, but seemed slower than the other guys.

IMO- I would rank the returners on day one as: Porter, Dekcer, Syd, Bolden, Florence....This will surely change.

RBs- Depth chart as of now is:
Mcgahee
Knowshon
Ball
Hillman
JJ/Fannin/Omon/whoever else

Mcgahee had majority of the reps with the 1s. Knowshon took a fair share too. Mcgahee, looks good man. Manning really sells the PA pass, and when we do run it, mcgahee explodes through the hole. He had solid hands when catching in the flats. He looks like a few of us said he would last year (north- you and me buddy!).

Knowshon- he took a fair amount of reps with the 1s also. And a lot of work as the 3rd down guy. There was one point where just manning and the DL and knowshon were off to one side and the line would put their hands up high in the air to knock down a pass. Knowshon was just to stand there with his hands up and let manning throw him a little 4 yard jump pass as a dump off. They were working it real hard. I think we will see a lot of those and screens to knowshon. I noticed knowshon is more of a slider than a runner too.- I still think he is built for this system. We shall see.

Hillman- ok, dude is fast. Real quick. But imo he is NOTHING like sproles. I do not see that at all. First of all, Hillman is stacked man, he is way bigger than I thought he was. Not like MJD solid, but this guy is going to surprise some people will how strong he is I think. Knowshon is more solid up top, but hillman is like mcgahee where he is just built real good. It was the first day, so it is hard to predict things, but it is possible that this guy becomes a bellcow. As for his running, he got chewed out a few times, and I did not see him with the quentin griffen type moves people were hollering for. I see him as a better runner and less hoppity. The backs worked on some bag drills and cuts, his were not the cleanest but its day one.

Fannin- He is real fast man. Might be the fastest back we have. Seriously, his running though lacks. They tried him on punt coverage for a while and also on punt blocking. He got owned by tony carter-who was acting as a gunner- and made the tackle. I did not see fannin as a blocker again, although he did line up as a guy to rush the punter.

Omon/JJ and the rest- looked meh, omon, one guy who I liked coming out looked not so good.

Ball- he got a lot of work with the 1s, but mostly 2s, as much as he is average as a RB. He is making the team again. Hopefully, we do not utilize him much.

The TEs- I was surprised at how small dressen and tamme looked. I figured they would be bigger. Especially dressen. But they both looked pretty good as receivers. I did not focus on their blocking much, but both caught the ball well, got open and will be used heavily. Heavily. People were chearing a lot of passes to the WR, but it looked like the TE were the first look a fair amount of the time. - I did not pay attention to the other TEs, but I did notice Virgil Green once.

QBs--Ok this is what you are all waiting for I am sure, so to start, well lets start it off with

Haine- This guy SUCKS!!!- There is no way in hell Oz does not take number two from him. Haine was all over the place with passes today. Maybe it was a bad day, who knows. He had one severely overthrown, severely off target endzone pass. Willis (i think) was the receiver running post route to the middle of the endzone...Haine launches one practically to the back pylon.wtf?- tony carter the DB had a hell of a time just trying to make the pick it was that bad a pass. He skipped a few others, off target on more, threw a couple away and did not look good. He also had a few nice passes with some zip. Overall- Id rather have tebow and orton over this guy. Seriously. Not good day today.

Weber- He had a few nice ones, then a bad throw and one terrible decision which resulted in a pick. I was secretly hoping he might make the #2, but as of today, day 1, thats not happening. Looks a bit rusty

Brock- aka giraffe- Did much better than I thought. He has an arm, my goodness.- He looked good too, had a few nice floaters, and a couple strikes down the field. He got picked (think it was him) on a tip drill that got tipped at least 3 different times. Pretty remarkable play by the D. Anyway as it stand now, I would take Brock as our number two if we needed to go there.

Peyton-he looks like peyton manning. I focused on him a lot. Arm looks fine. Not strong, a little slow on speed. I think it will take him until the 2nd/3rd preseason game to get it all back. Just not quite fast enough on his passes I thought. He also looked to be taking his time and diagnosing plays a lot longer in the pocket. Tell you the truth, I think he was doing it on purpose. Some might say that he seemed a little slow or looked lost, but I got the feeling that he was just seeing what was happening. Seeing how the wr and such looked after a few seconds or scramble drills or timing. I say this because when he wanted to he would move the chains. He would hit the open man and do it rather quickly. Peyton as we all know, also likes the dump offs. He gets the LBs to drop deeper by staring down the TE or 7 yard in and then he throws it to the RB....These plays are going to move the chains and get us some big big yards. He literally makes room for the RB to turn and go. Manning also had a few nice look offs on the safties. Overall- manning looks like he getting back to being manning but not there yet, which is fine, he will. He really anticipates the receivers routes so well. I will get into that when I talk about the offense at the bottom.

Defense- starters seemed to be:
Doom, warren, unrein/wolfe/bannon, ayers- woody, mays and von are the lbs, champ, porter at db and adams and moore at S.

DL- We got some pressure on several occasions from the middle. Even Joe Mays got in on a sack. Ty warren= Beast!!! To all of you who wanted to cut him because of his contract- Yes, you were so wrong!

Ty Warren- Holy smokes- He is our best DT by far!!!!- This guy is an immovable rock against the run and he dropped the pocket on a few plays. He also had a real nice rip/swim at the snap and would have destroyed the RB. Turns out it was a PA pass, but not to worry because Von was already at the QB. Now yes, it was one day, but I am loving me some Ty Warren right now. Some of the other DL guys were getting beat low or losing leverage. Ty was just beastly. He also batted down a manning pass too. Cant sing his praises enough. He caught me eye all the time.

Wolfe- some good some bad. We really are moving him all around, he was killing it as a DE, and then other times making the play from DT. He is a bit smaller than I thought he would be. If we can get him another 20+lbs of muscle I think he could own. He was engulfed a few times in the run when they went right at him and had 2 or 3 blockers in his face. The thing I liked was even though this happened and the play went to the left of him where the lbs were cleaning up, he still tried to run over there and help. Goonies never say die-neither does wolfe. I saw him beat some OL-hard to see who it was through the crowd, beadles, perhaps, and blaze through for the sack. I like this kid and cant wait to see more

Other DTs- Unrein and a bunch of other guys were getting their shot next to warren and the starters. Quite a few of them sucked, but it looks like we have a heavy package as one point it was wolfe and ayers on the ends with ty and some other fatty in the middle.

Doom- was doom, he beat people left and right. Looked pissed off and bored all at the same time. I think he wants to hit people, and Now!- when is our first pre season game? Doom has it circled.

Offense as a unit.---I really like our offense. A lot- It brings me back to the shanny days when we could move the ball and strike fast, and then fake teams out because we were so good at doing one thing and then we just drop a whole other thing on them. We practiced a flea flicker or two, and several PA Boots (WTF MCCOY!??) Now we run the PA boot, with manning but not tebow. Genius. But I like the Boot and it didnt always work, but it also opened up the run game a lot. Decker as I said is the go to guy imo. And manning is freaking surgical with where he puts the ball. He had one go route to caldwell down the sideline. Caldwell was not even open up and he was in tight coverage, but manning dropped that thing in there right as he got a half a step on the DB. It was a remarkable throw. Peyton also, throws so many passes that keep the WR in stride. You see the pass and think that it is leading the wr too far, or he got hurried and threw it too fast. I actually thought that twice, and sure enough it hit the wr in stride...There was a time or two that they had to reach for it, but OMG we have not had anything like this at QB in YEARS!....The Rbs did good, found their holes and help manning in the flats. I do not want to say we will be top 10 offense as its manning first year, but at the same time I would not be surprised if we do not run the score up on a lot of teams. I feel real good about the O and the way it looks.

Defense: I did not give them a whole lot, but they had a few picks. Two were gifts. One from Haine as I said on a terrible ball, one from weber on a high badd pass down the middle, and then the tip drill pass. They held the run for the most part except for a few lazy plays. I really was only looking at the DL guys and they were alright. I like warren a lot, wolfe, vickerson, and hunter. I did Not like bannon, unrein, and a few of the others. As long as our top 4 DTs stay up we should do pretty well. Mays was calling out plays real well and helping the team get in position. No one will be beating him out for Mlb anytime soon. I had a david bruton sighting. Honestly it was just more indivdual players. Next time I will get there even earlier and get a good seat so I can see and not have to stand and look around people.

Random things I noticed:

54- cyril something- he was a LB or DE- and I liked what I saw from him. He got some pressure and got around his guy for sacks several times. He is worth watching.
Ryan harris- saw him with the twos and he looked good. I would like to see him at the 1s with franklin over next to clady. I am not a beadles fan and walton i have lost patience with.
Blake needs to stop it up if he wants JDs job.
Knowshon- did like a half day, then he ran sprints and rested on the sideline.
DJ- ran sprints and looked like he was pretending he was playing, but off to the sides.

Ask away if you have questions- it was hard for me to see and it was day 1, so this is not the best camp report i am sorry.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
crowebomber
Ring of Famer

Old School Sucka Fool

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Frank Tripucka

Great report! Thanks!
crowebomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

REALLY good report. Thanks!
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #4
Cmac821
Harden by loss

Can't wait for next year

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fox Mulder

Yeah man, good report. Any piece of information is gold at this point
Cmac821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Great job! Thank you very much!
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #6
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

welcome gents. I know, any and every report is something I want to read. I want my camp report and I want it now!

I will keep posting them here since khan is out, socal is in bermuda, montrose is doing his fan thing....Seems like buff is the only one left who does them. I will do my best to keep some info coming. But I wont be going again until monday.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #7
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
welcome gents. I know, any and every report is something I want to read. I want my camp report and I want it now!

I will keep posting them here since khan is out, socal is in bermuda, montrose is doing his fan thing....Seems like buff is the only one left who does them. I will do my best to keep some info coming. But I wont be going again until monday.
What is montrose doing?
Old 07-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #8
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
What is montrose doing?
Montrose works for ESPN radio. So he's doing radio stuff.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:30 PM   #9
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Montrose works for ESPN radio. So he's doing radio stuff.
Well that is pretty cool. One of the more knowledgeable people in the ESPN "network" then.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #10
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

yeah, I usually always bump into him in line at TC, but not anymore. At least since he started his thing with the fan and then moving on to espn....He told me not to say anything but im guessing since kaylore posted it he is cool with it now
Old 07-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #11
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

Well done, thank you.
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #12
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Many thanks for the full report Underated-29, is much appreciated!
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #13
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

Much appreciated. I always enjoy camp reports.

I'm a little sad that Irving hasn't been spotted yet

For years there have been players that every season I think - this is their season, this is their season and they never turn up. I keep quietly hoping that they're going to explode... and then I find out that they're with another team.

I hope Irving isn't one of those players.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:02 PM   #14
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
Much appreciated. I always enjoy camp reports.

I'm a little sad that Irving hasn't been spotted yet

For years there have been players that every season I think - this is their season, this is their season and they never turn up. I keep quietly hoping that they're going to explode... and then I find out that they're with another team.

I hope Irving isn't one of those players.
Its still early and Irving will have plenty of time to show where he's at.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #15
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Im no Kaylore and socal, but I love reading every report i can, here is what i saw cut and pasted from BF.

ok- lets do this. First of all there were a billion people today. You think tebow has a circus, dayum! This was the entire barnum and bailey show today. I saw two guys with a freaking cooler on wheels. Anyway for the good stuff.

It was near impossible to see with all the people in the way and I got there 1 hour early (7:45) to be exact, but what I focused on was the qbs, return game, RBs, DL, offense as a whole and wolf.

As best I can tell our starters on offense are:
manning, mcgahee, same OL as last year, with dressen at TE and DT and Decker at WR....We brought in a FB a fair amount (sylvester) and caldwell on occasion too.

Return game- The returners were (in no order)- syd, bolden, decker, porter, florence and I think dell-not positive.
Syd- had to drops from the jugs machine, and bobbled another. Which sucks because he was one of my fav. returners. I think he either makes the team as a PR guy or gets axed. He did look good with moves once he caught the ball though.

Decker- looked solid at fielding the punts, good form and hands. I think we make him our emergency guy.
Porter- Looked real good I thought, he is fast too. A quick little guy
Bolden- didnt see him much- sorry not a lot to report here.
Florence- caught the ball well, but seemed slower than the other guys.

IMO- I would rank the returners on day one as: Porter, Dekcer, Syd, Bolden, Florence....This will surely change.

RBs- Depth chart as of now is:
Mcgahee
Knowshon
Ball
Hillman
JJ/Fannin/Omon/whoever else

Mcgahee had majority of the reps with the 1s. Knowshon took a fair share too. Mcgahee, looks good man. Manning really sells the PA pass, and when we do run it, mcgahee explodes through the hole. He had solid hands when catching in the flats. He looks like a few of us said he would last year (north- you and me buddy!).

Knowshon- he took a fair amount of reps with the 1s also. And a lot of work as the 3rd down guy. There was one point where just manning and the DL and knowshon were off to one side and the line would put their hands up high in the air to knock down a pass. Knowshon was just to stand there with his hands up and let manning throw him a little 4 yard jump pass as a dump off. They were working it real hard. I think we will see a lot of those and screens to knowshon. I noticed knowshon is more of a slider than a runner too.- I still think he is built for this system. We shall see.
This is what I've heard from several sources. Knowshon isn't explosive, but Manning loves the stretch, and that's what Knowshon does best. He can block and catch, too. I think Knowshon makes the team and is a solid #2.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #16
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Thanks for the report
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #17
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

That Hansen dude on NFLN said that the best WR today was Caldwell.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:24 PM   #18
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Also, no word on Vickerson?

I remember he was tearing it up in last years camp.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #19
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Awesome man keep em coming!!
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #20
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
That Hansen dude on NFLN said that the best WR today was Caldwell.
I would say Decker.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #21
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
Doom- was doom, he beat people left and right. Looked pissed off and bored all at the same time. I think he wants to hit people, and Now!- when is our first pre season game? Doom has it circled.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #22
ronniehillman!

love this report! thanks - GO BRONCOS
Old 07-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #23
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Also, no word on Vickerson?

I remember he was tearing it up in last years camp.

I agree with kaylore decker had the best day IMO.

Also, I saw big Vick out there and he looked pretty good. Real big too.....I left it out in mine but kaylore had it in his about siliga. He and Vick and hunter looked pretty solid getting after the qb. I'd say Vick will work his way in the rotation real well......
What do you think khan?
It also has me worried about Beatles and Walton. My hope in them is fading fast. But it was day 1- plenty more to come