The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default THE DAY BEFORE CAMP - A PRETTY GOOD PREVIEW

Preseason and training camp is the environment where most lingering questions are answered and crucial decisions that will shape a team for their forthcoming season are made.

As is the case with every NFL team, the Broncos have a number of pressing questions which must be answered this preseason.

The questions that I believe most need answering are the following:

Can Peyton Manning regain his old form or does his health remain an issue?

Dr. Robert S. Bray Jr, a Sports Disc and Spine expert reports on Manning that "his risk is really very low", regarding a career-ending neck injury.

I have the utmost confidence in the Broncos' team of physicians that undoubtedly they were confident and comfortable that Manning's neck fusion has sufficiently healed and that he will be able to withstand the punishment that an NFL QB endures.

Manning has displayed both precision accuracy and his patented quick release on his short, intermediate and long balls during OTA's.

Certainly his layoff produced some rust but I fully expect that you will see a very healthy and productive Peyton Manning.

Can the offensive line sufficiently protect Manning?

All-Pro OT, Ryan Clady is responsible for the protection and policing of Manning's blind side. Manning will be in very capable hands.

Last season Clady allowed a career high nine sacks and was whistled 12 times. I find last year's stats to be a byproduct of a run-heavy offense and Tim Tebow, who had to take deep drops in order to buy sufficient time.

Often times, Clady will be lined up across from the opposition's best pass-rusher, making his assignment brutal when being asked to fend off a pass-rush for an inordinate amount of time.

Clady's talent was on full display in his successful matchups with both Jared Allen and Julius Peppers, two elite pass-rushers from the Vikings and Bears respectively.

Ryan Clady is a top shelf LT who appears fully recovered from his 2010 patella tendon injury and on his way to another Pro Bowl season.

The pressure is on underachieving center JD Walton to step up his game, hold his ground and provide Manning with the three seconds he needs over the middle.

Walton was ranked the worst-rated center in Pro Football Focus and that must change this season or rookie Philip Blake will get his shot sooner than hoped for.

Sure, Walton was a victim of last year's offensive scheme as was Clady. Manning's presence and rapid fire release has me hopeful for a solid rebound year.

Will the defensive line be more productive under the leadership of defensive coordinator, Jack Del Rio?

Jack Del Rio is a talented defensive architect who left his lasting imprint with Baltimore, Jacksonville and Carolina before landing in Denver.

His ability to teach effectively by drawing upon his 11-year career as a successful linebacker is invaluable. Del Rio is passionate, innovative and creative. His teaching of technique and discipline coupled with what are sure to be creative schemes which will take full advantage of his players potential, will aid the defensive line tremendously.

I look for the development of rookie DT Derek Wolfe, whom Del Rio will use as a hybrid lineman bouncing from the inside to the edge, to be a key proponent in the line's success.

Wolfe has a non-stop motor and the ability to collapse the pocket with regularity. The addition of a healthy and mammoth Ty Warren to the interior should be a big plus in shoring up the rush defense.

With a better inside rush and more consistent containment in the running game, DE Elvis Dumervil should both flourish and explode under Del Rio. Playing with a lead under the offensive direction of Manning will produce more times for Dumervil to sit back and hunt the QB.

Will Von Miller take the next step as a ferocious force or will he be susceptible to a sophomore slump?

Personally, I don't put much stock into a sophomore slump when I respect the personality of the player.

I believe that such slumps exist when a player allows one self to rest on his laurels and merits in lieu of the next level loftier goals to be attained.

Von Miller is very special in ways beyond his talent. His work ethic and level of desire to continue to achieve are unparalleled. His never-ending goal is to be the absolute best he can be while knowing that there is a career worth of untapped talent in his tank.

In addition, the opportunity to play with Peyton Manning and a much improved defense will not allow for any type of letdown as for Miller, this year holds tremendous promise and great expectations.

We have only witnessed and experienced the tip of the iceberg regarding Miller's talent. This year under the tutelage of Jack Del Rio, I suggest you plan to be a part of the type of greatness that only comes along once in a great while.

MORE HERE

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...p-guide/page/2

Yes it's a Bleacher report but it's pretty good one
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

No, the OMane says Ryan Clady sucks.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

As for the OL, Beadles was the guy I thought was the weakest link. He got beat too many times on inside rushes that even if his man didn't make the tackle, he still had a hand in blowing up the play. He needs to step it up.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

What?! No mention of Da Sqwyd? Prepare for the comeback, oh ye of little faith.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...6-9124c03df36b

The tide of Broncos football is starting to roll in. I can feel the electricity already.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #5
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

hoping the best for "Kupes"...his Dad should check in soon..maybe he has...
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote