The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2014, 04:39 PM   #1
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,296

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default Raiders name Carr the Starting QB

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-quarterback/
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2014, 04:42 PM   #2
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 8,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Better chance with Carr than Schaub.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:44 PM   #3
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,296

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

I guess Schaub is now the backup. That said, I would have started Schaub regardless of Carr's one preseason game performance. This hints at desperation IMHO.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:47 PM   #4
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 5,673

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I guess Schaub is now the backup. That said, I would have started Schaub regardless of Carr's one preseason game performance. This hints at desperation IMHO.
Agree.. I watched a few quarters of their presason..Schaub did not look to bad..the team did but he was alright.
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:48 PM   #5
DarkHorse
RPM Racer
 
DarkHorse's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 4,757

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley
Default

Good for them, you know what you get with Shaub and it ain't much. Hope for Carr's sake the Raiders don't let him get beat up like his brother did in Houston.
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:51 PM   #6
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 8,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Schaub played ok this preseason? I'd argue that McGloin should be the back up behind Carr
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:54 PM   #7
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 5,673

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I'd argue that McGloin should be the back up behind Carr
Of course you would..
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:56 PM   #8
Bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Top 5 defenseville
Posts: 978

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Talib
Default

so much for Dennis Allen thinking schuab was on par with peyton.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...manning-rivers
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:56 PM   #9
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 8,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
Of course you would..
Well, a lot of raiders fans think that too. They know well more about their team than I do.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:01 PM   #10
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 5,673

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Well, a lot of raiders fans think that too. They know well more about their team than I do.
not a fan..its called knowing football my friend..Schaub looked okay truthfully in what I saw..if they were to stick with him I think he would give them a better chance to win 1 game instead of none..
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:03 PM   #11
mennonite
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,723

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Well, a lot of raiders fans think that too.
...is this a cry for help?

You need to go to a mirror and have a good hard look at yourself. Reflect. Reevaluate.
mennonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:03 PM   #12
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 9,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
so much for Dennis Allen thinking schuab was on par with peyton.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...manning-rivers
What a brain fart!
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:06 PM   #13
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 8,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mennonite View Post
...is this a cry for help?

You need to go to a mirror and have a good hard look at yourself. Reflect. Reevaluate.
I have no problem with them thinking McGloin has more potential at back up than Schaub.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #14
mennonite
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,723

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I'm sure it has been pointed out before, but it is poetic justice that Schaub is replaced by Derek Carr after having replaced his brother David with the Texans.
mennonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:11 PM   #15
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,296

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mennonite View Post
I'm sure it has been pointed out before, but it is poetic justice that Schaub is replaced by Derek Carr after having replaced his brother David with the Texans.
you sir, are a genius. You see the whole pic. Not just a piece here and there, but the whole damn thing.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:11 PM   #16
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,366
Default

A team that hasn't done much and a HC on the hot seat why not start the Carr and see what you have or not. Matt S. blows and isn't the future anyways.

Raider fans prisoners by day make license plates for carrs seems like a perfect world in Raiderville.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:13 PM   #17
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 8,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
not a fan..its called knowing football my friend..Schaub looked okay truthfully in what I saw..if they were to stick with him I think he would give them a better chance to win 1 game instead of none..
Schaub was 3-7 for 3 yards his 1st game. 8-13 87 yards 0 TDs 1 Int in game 2. 13-27 110 yards 0 TDs game 3. Didnt play game 4.


McGloin 1 11-18 90 yards his 1st game. Game 2 7-15 114 1 TD. Game 3 10-17
162 yards 2 TDs. Game 4 10-19 105 1 TD 1 int.

Schaub didnt even throw a TD all preseason. But he did good?
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:13 PM   #18
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,379
Default

According to NFL network, Schaub has tendinitis in his elbow and "weakness" in his arm.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:13 PM   #19
canadianbroncosfan
Pro Bowler
 
canadianbroncosfan's Avatar
 
M.W.A. - Foreign Affairs Minister

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mennonite View Post
I'm sure it has been pointed out before, but it is poetic justice that Schaub is replaced by Derek Carr after having replaced his brother David with the Texans.
I saw a funny tweet about this being the second time the Texans have guessed wrong on QB named Carr.

Not sure why they didn't take him when he was there at the 33rd pick
canadianbroncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:14 PM   #20
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,296

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
According to NFL network, Schaub has tendinitis in his elbow and "weakness" in his arm.
well that's convinient...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:18 PM   #21
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 8,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
I saw a funny tweet about this being the second time the Texans have guessed wrong on QB named Carr.

Not sure why they didn't take him when he was there at the 33rd pick
That fanbase would've flipped out had they drafted another Carr. A lot of people out there assuming he's a Carr so they must be the same.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:22 PM   #22
canadianbroncosfan
Pro Bowler
 
canadianbroncosfan's Avatar
 
M.W.A. - Foreign Affairs Minister

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
That fanbase would've flipped out had they drafted another Carr. A lot of people out there assuming he's a Carr so they must be the same.
I wonder how they'll feel if Carr has a better season with a worse team than Fitz does with the Texans.
canadianbroncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #23
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 5,673

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Schaub was 3-7 for 3 yards his 1st game. 8-13 87 yards 0 TDs 1 Int in game 2. 13-27 110 yards 0 TDs game 3. Didnt play game 4.


McGloin 1 11-18 90 yards his 1st game. Game 2 7-15 114 1 TD. Game 3 10-17
162 yards 2 TDs. Game 4 10-19 105 1 TD 1 int.

Schaub didnt even throw a TD all preseason. But he did good?
I'm not a Schaub fan.. I'm just saying what I saw..he looked alright. I don't care who QB's for the Raiders or any other team ..my QB has ALWAYS been Peyton...
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:30 PM   #24
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Schaub played ok this preseason? I'd argue that McGloin should be the back up behind Carr
McGloin should never be a active QB in the NFL. Him being a backup screams horrendous depth.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:33 PM   #25
canadianbroncosfan
Pro Bowler
 
canadianbroncosfan's Avatar
 
M.W.A. - Foreign Affairs Minister

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I have no problem with them thinking McGloin has more potential at back up than Schaub.
I don't know if anyone else here got this, I too would have no problem with them having McGloin back up Schuab.
canadianbroncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Denver Broncos