The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 05:48 AM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default Classic ESPN NFL Primetime Week Five Of The 1992 Season

Those of you that are true diehards immediately know the significance of October 5th, 1992. A certain Linebackers induction into the Ring Of Fame AND perhaps the greatest (non-playoff) game in the AFC West cold war known as Elway vs Chokenheimer. It typified Marty's Roadrunner v Coyote relationship with the G.O.A.T.

Unfortunately you're going to have to skip ahead to the twenty minute mark unless you want to see Bobby Humphries in a Dolphins uniform....heh

PS: chef fan spare me your mnf game of 94. There's nothing significant about a team that played in the AFC Championship the season before beating a team with the 28th ranked defense with a head coach named Wade Phillips.

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2012, 06:52 AM   #2
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Great game the Broncos had no business winning.

I was lucky NBC switched from the awful Bills slaughter of the Pats at the start the 4th quarter.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Heh, the more thing change, the more they stay the same:

Raiders/Chargers: 1-4
Chiefs: 3-2
Broncos: 4-1
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Had 100 bucks bet against five Chef fans for that game. Monday was fun collecting from those guys. They had an ephigy (spelling) of Elway hanging from the ceiling by his neck.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I was there. As a youngin I thought it was crazy that some people actually left before the comeback.

Weirdest thing about that clip: We hadn't scored a touchdown in 12 quarters but we were 4-1? WTF?
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:40 AM   #6
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin View Post
I was there. As a youngin I thought it was crazy that some people actually left before the comeback.

Weirdest thing about that clip: We hadn't scored a touchdown in 12 quarters but we were 4-1? WTF?
Maybe elway had more in common with tebow than he chooses to recognize!;-)
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #7
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Had 100 bucks bet against five Chef fans for that game. Monday was fun collecting from those guys. They had an ephigy (spelling) of Elway hanging from the ceiling by his neck.

I was watching the game in Kansas City with a bunch of chef fan many a bet was placed and with 6:00 minutes left in the game they were trying to collect. I told them juts wait "It ain't over til it's over"..Needless to say at the conclusion of the game I was the only left in the house with a fatter wallet.

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin View Post

30-0 loss in week 3 and 12-0 W (4 FG) in week 4
Old 07-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #9
extralife
Ring of Famer

Jerry Rice was pretty good with one hand

that came out wrong

(again)
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #10
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Those of you that are true diehards immediately know the significance of October 5th, 1992. A certain Linebackers induction into the Ring Of Fame AND perhaps the greatest (non-playoff) game in the AFC West cold war known as Elway vs Chokenheimer. It typified Marty's Roadrunner v Coyote relationship with the G.O.A.T.

Unfortunately you're going to have to skip ahead to the twenty minute mark unless you want to see Bobby Humphries in a Dolphins uniform....heh

PS: chef fan spare me your mnf game of 94. There's nothing significant about a team that played in the AFC Championship the season before beating a team with the 28th ranked defense with a head coach named Wade Phillips.

Haha Montana beating Elway in his own house at his own game was very significant.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #11
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Haha Montana beating Elway in his own house at his own game was very significant.
Keep choking that chicken................that game was insignificant except for Chef fans.

What does that tell ya when that is all you have to hang your hat on for almost the last half century...................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote