The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 01:39 AM   #26
penguintheory
studio gangster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
He implies they will start.

Especially since he didn't even bring up Eric Winston, our new RT and major FA signing.
Trololol
penguintheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:56 AM   #27
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Look, I think the Chiefs suck, dip****. We're probably a 7-9 team.

But our OL is pretty ****ing good and we have two pretty good OTs.

So **** off with this breaking in rookies ****. The only thing those rookies are going to be breaking is the splinters they pick out of their ass from sitting on the bench behind our stud tackles.

And FYI, one of those rookies is a ****ing guard, so get your **** right. No-research doing dip****.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:34 AM   #28
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:

Especially since he didn't even bring up Eric Winston, our new RT and major FA signing.
I'm not a big Winston Fan. I think he could play some guard, and he may start at tackle, but if they felt good about their offensive line, they wouldn't have thrown two second day picks at the position, even if their board demanded it. They may ride the pine all year, but I suspect at least one of them plays at tackle or guard.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:03 AM   #29
Raider9175
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
The Oakland Raiders
Last season: 8-8

Offseason Losses: QB Jason Campbell, RB Michael Bush, WR Chaz Schilens, TE Kevin Boss, OT Stephon Heyer, G Bruce Campbell, C Samson Satele, DE/OLB Kamerion Wimbley, DE Trevor Scott, DE Jarvis Moss, DE Quentin Groves, DT John Henderson, ILB Darryl Blackstock, CB Stanford Routt, CB Chris Johnson, CB Lito Sheppard.

Veteran Additions: QB Matt Leinart, RB Mike Goodson, FB Owen Schmitt, G Mike Brisiel, DE Dave Tollefson, OLB Philip Wheeler, CB Shawntae Spencer, CB Ronald Bartell, CB Patrick Lee, HC Dennis Allen.

Draft Picks:

Round 3: Tony Bergstrom OT Utard
Round 4: Miles Burris OLB San Diego St.
Round 5: Jack Crowford DE Penn St.
Round 5: Juron Criner WR Arizona
Round 6: Christo Bilukidi DE Georgia St.
Round 7: Nathan Stupar OLB Penn St.

Schedule:
Sept. 10 San Diego Chargers (Mon.) 10:15 p.m.
Sept. 16 at Miami Dolphins 4:15 p.m.
Sept. 23 Pittsburgh Steelers 4:15 p.m.
Sept. 30 at Denver Broncos 4:05 p.m.
Oct. 7 BYE
Oct. 14 at Atlanta Falcons 1 p.m.
Oct. 21 Jacksonville Jaguars 4:15 p.m.
Oct. 28 at Kansas City Chiefs 4:05 p.m.
Nov. 4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4:05 p.m.
Nov. 11 at Baltimore Ravens 1 p.m.
Nov. 18 New Orleans Saints 4:05 p.m.
Nov. 25 at Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m.
Dec. 2 Cleveland Browns 4:15 p.m.
Dec. 6 Denver Broncos (Thurs.) 8:20 p.m.
Dec. 16 Kansas City Chiefs 4:15 p.m.
Dec. 23 at Carolina Panthers 1 p.m.
Dec. 30 at San Diego Chargers 4:15 p.m.

Analysis: Oakland was part of the three way tie between the Broncos and Chargers that could have won the division. Injuries and player transitions were a big reason the offense stumbled. The defense falling to 29th in the league didn’t help either. Predictably, they are firing their coach (again) and signed a really young replacement with little experience in Dennis Allen, who two years ago was a secondary coach and came from a team he coached to 20th in defense and 24th in scoring (which admittedly was a step forward), Outside of Juron Criner and Tony Bergstrom, their draft class is too small to expect any kind of immediate help there. Palmer is a big factor. If he improves, he could help them through a rough schedule that includes some horrible back-and-forth to the East Coast in the middle of the season. More likely, he will be the same Carson Palmer that we’ve seen for several years: Moments of brilliance in an overall mediocre show. Darren McFadden will be back, which should help, but expect some fallout as Michael Bush is out, and putting more carries on a clearly fragile McFadden will not bode well for his long term reliability next seasons. Running backs don’t get more durable the more they play. Also, every coach who was part of their vaunted running game is now gone. Their defensive line took a hit with Wimbley gone, and the rest of the unit is starting to show its age, so there may be some fallout there. I do think Oakland’s receivers are underrated and there is some fantasy value at the position, especially when you consider they’re going to be throwing a lot to keep up this year.

Prediction 5-11: I think this is a transition year for the Raiders (isn’t every year?). They’ve lost too many free agents the past two years and given up too many draft picks for players with ho-hum ability to see any short-term grown. The good news for them is Al Davis is gone and they will no longer just be drafting the fastest guy in underwear at every position, so there is some hope that things will turn around, but not for several years. With a hard schedule, too many new pieces, and not very reliable ones on the roster, I don’t expect much from the Raiders this season.
The raiders are walking away with the division and would have done so last year if they were healthy last season. With a healthy DMC and C Palmer their isn't a team in the AFc West stopping them. ( what has DMc averaged against the Broncos )

The Raiders without a doubt have the best offense in the division(should be a top five offense) . They have so many explosive weapons on offense. Three Rbs that can score from anywhere whether it a pass or run( DMC, M Goodson and taiwan jones) , the best Wr corp(not single wr but as group) D Moore, Jacoby Ford , DHB and Now Juron Criner blows away what anyone else has in the division. a Fb Marcel reece no one in divison can match. Eeven at Te ( this TE friendly offense) Ausberry 6'4 265 sub 4.5 and D gordon 6'4 265 4.63 are freak athletes. The Raiders at worst have the second best oline and case could be made that it might be the best.

Now defense. Raiders Dline is the best in the division . They have a big advanatge against any team in the division Offense line. (Raiders will know where P Manning is and let bsee if that oline can protect him) How many sacksa did Broncos give up being a predominantly a running team. (now they are going to put more on that Oline)

Raiders always had talent on defense. They had bad schemes. That's not the case anymore. Raiders have a defensive coach now as head coach. With the firepower they have on offense, they just need an average defense next yaer. Easy can get to that level next season. Raiders get higher this team capable as going as far as anyone in Afc.

Raiders have the best kicking game in the division.

The media can hype the Bronco's(this year eagles) or the Chargers(yesterday news) but when its all said and done the AFc west is a two team face between the Raiders and Chiefs.

NO Dj williams first six games and NO Dumberville(probably facing a suspension) and this Bronco team is so overrated.

Last edited by Raider9175; 07-19-2012 at 08:16 AM..
Raider9175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #30
Raider9175
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
I'm not a big Winston Fan. I think he could play some guard, and he may start at tackle, but if they felt good about their offensive line, they wouldn't have thrown two second day picks at the position, even if their board demanded it. They may ride the pine all year, but I suspect at least one of them plays at tackle or guard.
I agree L Houston dominated Eric winston last year. (his strength run blocking and L Houston controlled him there) Eric winston is not the best pass protector around. I think he isn't going to fare as well in the AFC west. Not to mention KC blocking scheme is alot different than the one he played in Houston.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #31
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:

Clayton complaining about inaccurate reporting? Now I've heard everything.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #32
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Raider9175 is already loaded and it is not even 7:30 AM on the left coast.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:20 AM   #33
Raider9175
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Raider9175 is already loaded and it is not even 7:30 AM on the left coast.
No that the Raiders offense that loaded. Again what has DMc averaged against that vaunted Broncos defense. Hey Tebow might not have been an NFl Qb but Im glad he gone. That Denver running game isn't that good and their oline can't pass protect. (now your going to try and throw it more- not good with a guy with three to four neck injuries. What the overv and under when Caleb hanie is the Broncos starter.

The way bronco defenders are getting arrested and facing suspensions. P manning could be at his besty and it still not going to matter. You can't make chicken salad out of Chicken crap.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:22 AM   #34
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Stick to your own team, Gaylore.
You are a child.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:24 AM   #35
JJG
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
The raiders are walking away with the division and would have done so last year if they were healthy last season. With a healthy DMC and C Palmer their isn't a team in the AFc West stopping them. ( what has DMc averaged against the Broncos )

The Raiders without a doubt have the best offense in the division(should be a top five offense) . They have so many explosive weapons on offense. Three Rbs that can score from anywhere whether it a pass or run( DMC, M Goodson and taiwan jones) , the best Wr corp(not single wr but as group) D Moore, Jacoby Ford , DHB and Now Juron Criner blows away what anyone else has in the division. a Fb Marcel reece no one in divison can match. Eeven at Te ( this TE friendly offense) Ausberry 6'4 265 sub 4.5 and D gordon 6'4 265 4.63 are freak athletes. The Raiders at worst have the second best oline and case could be made that it might be the best.

Now defense. Raiders Dline is the best in the division . They have a big advanatge against any team in the division Offense line. (Raiders will know where P Manning is and let bsee if that oline can protect him) How many sacksa did Broncos give up being a predominantly a running team. (now they are going to put more on that Oline)

Raiders always had talent on defense. They had bad schemes. That's not the case anymore. Raiders have a defensive coach now as head coach. With the firepower they have on offense, they just need an average defense next yaer. Easy can get to that level next season. Raiders get higher this team capable as going as far as anyone in Afc.

The media can hype the Bronco's(this year eagles) or the Chargers(yesterday news) but when its all said and done the AFc west is a two team face between the Raiders and Chiefs.

NO Dj williams first six games and NO Dumberville(probably facing a suspension) and this Bronco team is so overrated.
You heard it here first folks. The rest of the division might as well shut it down and resume football in 2013
JJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:24 AM   #36
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
No that the Raiders offense that loaded. Again what has DMc averaged against that vaunted Broncos defense. Hey Tebow might not have been an NFl Qb but Im glad he gone. That Denver running game isn't that good and their oline can't pass protect. (now your going to try and throw it more- not good with a guy with three to four neck injuries. What the overv and under when Caleb hanie is the Broncos starter.

The way bronco defenders are getting arrested and facing suspensions. P manning could be at his besty and it still not going to matter. You can't make chicken salad out of Chicken crap.
This is gross.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:28 AM   #37
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
overall a great synopsis of what should happen..

I do however place a higher value on schedule strength than you do.. and while everyone in the AFCW plays the teams, where they play them is a big factor..

I do think overall we have improved but I also remember that our schedule last years was the LAST place schedule and only eked out an 8-8 WL record..

this year we will be facing the creme de la creme of the league with 6 Play off teams. IIRC

Yes we may have a better WL than the others in the AFCW I hardly think it will be 12-4..

the team I fear the most is KC they have been sucking on teh top talent teat for a long time and for the most part have lacked in the coaching area.. I think Romeo will fix most of that..

the one thing that really jumped out at me was how far the talent level of the bolts seems to have fallen..

they had way more talent just a few years ago and they squashed us like a bug most of the times we played them..
I disagree on Romeo. I think the players will play hard for him since he isn't Todd Haley at first, but when the Crenelling sets in, they will come up short. Romeo is a coordinator.

I do agree that the Chargers have really fallen off. AJ Smith hit on some really good picks a few years ago in Brees, LT, Merriman and Sproles. I don't give him credit for Rivers since he was the boobie prize. All of those guys are gone except Rivers. Meachem and Royal? Please.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #38
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Don't quote lonestar ever again. Most of us have him on ignore. STOP.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #39
Raider9175
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
You heard it here first folks. The rest of the division might as well shut it down and resume football in 2013
Only difference between the 2011 Eagles and 2012 Bronco's is the Eagles had so much more talent . The Bronco's have a better chance of being in last place in the Afc West, than they have of winning the division.

Media Just hyping Bronco because of Peyton Manning. Lets see manning playing in an offense he never played with, has not even close the talent on offense he had with Colts, and last it a lousy pass blocking oline he playing behind.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #40
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:

The Raiders without a doubt have the best offense in the division(should be a top five offense)
lololololol.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #41
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:

The Raiders were four stops from the worst defense in the league last year and lost Wimbley. The rest of their D-line is on the wrong side of thirty. So how exactly are they better this year? Tell me?

As for their offense, McFadden has never made it through an entire season healthy - ever. Name one RB who was chronically injured his first years in the league who suddenly became durable. The receivers are pretty good, but Carson isn't. He isn't even a top ten QB in this league. And with new coaching staff on offense, there will be fallout. Who's your tight end?

And Britton Colquit out-punted Lechler last year, and our special teams unit ranked better, so no, you don't have "the best kicking game." DJ Williams was never a play maker, and lately when he plays he hasn't played very well. losing him isn't a big setback. And Dumerville isn't going to be suspended six games, no matter how much you hope.

Last edited by Kaylore; 07-19-2012 at 08:42 AM..
Old 07-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #42
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I am sure hoping that the window slams shut on SD this year. While I would love to see Norv be the HC for life I think at some point the SD fo will have to sack him when that happens I hope that it takes them a good decade to find a decent HC after Rivers has been all used up.
Meh, he has 2 years left on an illadvised contract extension, if they don't fire him during this season I would be prepared to bet a substantial amount of beer that they will let him play out his lame-duck season in 2013 and let him go - they are so cheap in San Diego.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #43
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:

DMC will be out for the season by Week 6, and your teams dumb*** FO let Bush, who was more productive, walk.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #44
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #45
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #46
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I ate a can of baked beans last night. It just came out. Kinda looked like the Raiders fan base.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:52 AM   #47
JJG
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The Raiders were four stops from the worst defense in the league last year and lost Wimbley. The rest of their D-line is on the wrong side of thirty. So how exactly are they better this year? Tell me?

As for their offense, McFadden has never made it through an entire season healthy - ever. Name one RB who was chronically injured his first years in the league who suddenly became durable. The receivers are pretty good, but Carson isn't. He isn't even a top ten QB in this league. And with new coaching staff on offense, there will be fallout. Who's your tight end?

And Britton Colquit out-punted Lechler last year, and our special teams unit ranked better, so no, you don't have "the best kicking game." DJ Williams was never a play maker, and lately when he plays he hasn't played very well. losing him isn't a big setback. And Dumerville isn't going to be suspended six games, no matter how much you hope.
They have the most athletic, freak of nature TE's the league has ever seen. Didn't you read his post?
JJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #48
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:
They have the most athletic, freak of nature TE's the league has ever seen. Didn't you read his post?
This. The Raiders have been drowning in success for the past decade thanks to finding these athletic freak 4th rounders and stealing them in the 1st.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #49
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Yes. You can see the dead, brittle hands of Al Davis still pulling the strings of Raider fans.

"Our TE is so athletic!"

"Yeah, but he sucks at football."

"1983 was awesome!"

"Ok, loser."
Old 07-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #50
Raider9175
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
The Raiders were for stops from the worst defense in the league last year and lost Wimbley. The rest of their D-line is on the wrong side of thirty. So how exactly are they better this year? Tell me?

Lets me tell me how raiders defense improves(First off what was Broncos defense in 2010 and where did rank in 2011) Raiders front four with the return of Matt Shaughnessy is the best Dline in the divison(your really going to argue this one) LDE 6'3 305 L houston LDT T Kelly 6'6 305 RDT R seymour 6'6 310 and RDe matt shaughnessy 6'5 270(Ir after third game)

Here is what the raiders did. First Raiders are going to play multiple fronts 4-3 and 3-4 with a variety of coverage packages. Out are the one dimensional pass rushers DE( T Scott , j Moss, K wimbley) that couldn't play the run. IN are two way Dlineman. Desmond Bryant 6'5 290 , David toffelson 6'4 266 , jack Crawford 6'5 274 , Cristo Bilukidi 6'5 311, and travis Ivey 6'4 345

NOW Raiders problems on defense were there LB couldn't cover and they had no depth. (not to mention Mlb played with a leg injury)
You know Dennis allen defense Raiders are going to be blitzing their Lbs and their safeties. Go look at the type of Lb Raiders added. All those guys have coverage ability and can rush the passer. In freeagency. Philip Wheeler( K wimbley replacement at Sslb) He plays very well in zone coverage. He not the passer rusher Wimbley was but he an upgrade at Sslb. Now go look UP Miles Burris, Kaelin Burnett, and nathan Stupar its no accident all three had the highest three cone drill (coverage) out of all the lbs . All are capable of rushing the qb.

NOw Raiders are going to be playing alot more zone this year.(giving a lot of looks) S Routt didn't fit the new scheme. He a man to man cb who was near the top when theyn were playing predominatly man to man(al davis was alive, When davis died they started to incorporate more zone packages. he wasn't good and he dropped like a rock in the rankings. They brought in two zone Cb's Ron bartell 6'1 210 and shawtae Spencer 6'1 190 . Last year rookie Cb's Chimdi Chekwa(very good zone cb) and DVD 6'1 180 . DVD coverage was tight last year but he just didn't turn around and make a play on the ball. Playing off and looking at the Qb he going to be able to get a good break on the ball.

So You have Cb's playing Zone and you they seriously upgraded their coverage ability at LB(playing the passing lanes) . Should make it a lot tougher to exploit this Raider defense.

Raiders have two safeties capable of taking out anyone Te's. Tyvon Branch and M Huff. Huff due to injuries had to play out of place at Cb last year. Both with their 4.3 speed are going to be rushing. (just won't be seven yards back ala Bresnahan defense last year when they do)

DMC has never had surgery. He has low miles on the tires. In this stretch zone blocking scheme he and the other rbs(T Jones and M goodson) are going to do some serious damage. Not to mention are just as dangerous receiving threats. making C palmer job much easier. (alot of safe passes to back).

carson plamer has so much talent on thios Raider ofense. He will be easy a top ten passer and good chance he could be top five. (hes going to have his best season ever,. This offense is very Qb friendly.
Te's. - In Last year offense the Te's were there for blocking and the offense revolved around the Wr be the play makers. So Ausberry didn't play. Ausberry everyone knows can catch. (as a former wr) He now up to265 pounds. (jsut as fast sub 4.5) How he blocks will determine if he the starter. R gordon is the opposite he a great blocker who a very raw receiver at 265 he has 4.63(still very fast) In this TYe friendly offense these guys are going to be weapons.

Kicking game you have to count place Kickers. The Bronco kicking game can't match Shane Lecher and sebastian jankowski.(stop with the nonsense)

Last edited by Raider9175; 07-19-2012 at 09:25 AM..