The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut
Default Taste the Rainbow responsibly - Marshawn Lynch hooked for DUI

OAKLAND -- NFL star and former Oakland Tech and Cal football player Marshawn Lynch was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence Saturday night and taken to Santa Rita Jail, according to a sheriff's spokesman.

http://www.mercurynews.com/californi...lynch-arrested
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
Drunken.Broncoholic

This is getting ridiculous. These players argued for more freedom in the offseason yet a high percentage of them can't even handle 3 weeks of freedom.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

I wonder at this pount if driving a flashy car has something to do with all these guys getting popped?

Or are they that dumb?
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #4
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

They're that dumb.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #5
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
They're that dumb.
I agree with this. Rich people have drivers. At least back in the day you knew you were rich when someone would drive you around while you chill in the backseat. I'm gonna start an NFL players driving service. They obviously want to show off their cars so we will use their own. Just drop a driver off before goin out.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:51 AM   #6
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Coaches are literally downing mylanta and avoiding spicy foods with the ulcers they have right now. Camp can't come soon enough for these idiots.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:05 AM   #7
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

We sleep in our cars in the parking lot if we had too much to drink. That makes us 50% dumb. Guys like DJ and Lynch make sure they get their first A+ since kindergarten and laugh at us in that parking lot.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:12 AM   #8
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Doesn't this dumbass get in trouble every year?
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:23 AM   #9
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

WhAts this, his third??!?!?
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:51 AM   #10
in awe
Get some lotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
We sleep in our cars in the parking lot if we had too much to drink. That makes us 50% dumb. Guys like DJ and Lynch make sure they get their first A+ since kindergarten and laugh at us in that parking lot.
FYI - that is a DUI if your keys are in the car with you.
in awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:18 AM   #11
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by in awe View Post
*if the keys are within a certain radius of the car, inside or out (cant remember the exact footage) it's a DUI.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:09 AM   #12
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin' Bronco View Post
I wonder at this pount if driving a flashy car has something to do with all these guys getting popped?

Or are they that dumb?
They're that dumb.
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #13
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I agree with this. Rich people have drivers. At least back in the day you knew you were rich when someone would drive you around while you chill in the backseat. I'm gonna start an NFL players driving service. They obviously want to show off their cars so we will use their own. Just drop a driver off before goin out.
The NFL already has a driving service for the players, and from what I hear it is RARELY used.
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #14
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The lack of responsibility and accountability is what is prevalent in the NFL and really, all pro sports. So many players grew up in broken homes, where being responsible was not a message of importance. Plus, they know there will be some team giving them yet another chance if they screw up. I have somehow managed to never have been arrested for anything and make nowhere near the money these guys do. Maybe if they worried more about helping others and their community more and about themselves so much. Most players do help their communities and find a way to stay out of trouble, so they should be commended, especially when compared to these idiots that can't handle the wealth or fame at all.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #15
Binkythefrog
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 'Dre View Post
The NFL already has a driving service for the players, and from what I hear it is RARELY used.
I think its rarely used because players are afraid this is another way for teams to ding them come contract negotiation time.

It's sad really, DUI's kill people and people are worried about their next multi million dollar contract.

But why not hire your own freaking private driver for a night? It can't be more than 500 bucks or something.. and for these multimillionaires that is pocket change.

Edit: A quick google search pointed me to this:

http://www.drive4me.com/chauffeur

Starts at 25 dollars a hour - looks like LA only.. but I'm sure you can find this anywhere.

Last edited by Binkythefrog; 07-17-2012 at 08:46 AM..
Binkythefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #16
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by in awe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
*if the keys are within a certain radius of the car, inside or out (cant remember the exact footage) it's a DUI.
I've never heard this. Every state I've seen the laws, it's "in the driver seat, with key in ignition."
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #17
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 'Dre View Post
They probably use black Lincoln towncars. 90s models. Playas don't want to be seen in that!
Old 07-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #18
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I've never heard this. Every state I've seen the laws, it's "in the driver seat, with key in ignition."
My buddy was drunk one night. His GF picked him up drove home and parked in their driveway. He was in the passenger seat passed out and she couldn't carry him. So she left him in the passenger seat and put the keys in the glove box then left. Cops show up about a person in a car, bam he gets a DUI.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #19
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Dude, I know many "rich" people and here's the thing: they don't ever flaunt it. It's only the people who never had any money, and all of a sudden get money, that act like idiots.

The people who have money, and have always had money, know how to NOT show it.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #20
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
My buddy was drunk one night. His GF picked him up drove home and parked in their driveway. He was in the passenger seat passed out and she couldn't carry him. So she left him in the passenger seat and put the keys in the glove box then left. Cops show up about a person in a car, bam he gets a DUI.
Yep, my buddy also got a DUI while he was sitting in the passenger seat with the door open listening to the radio after he had been drinking. Car was not running.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #21
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Yep, my buddy also got a DUI while he was sitting in the passenger seat with the door open listening to the radio after he had been drinking. Car was not running.
Actual physical control is a bullshiat way to ruin someone's life. It certainly isn't designed to keep the roads safe. If we were trying to make the roads safer we should start by banning phones and female drivers.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #22
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
If the keys were in the ignition, yep, that's how I understand it. If he did not have the keys in the ignition then the police probably would not have arrested him.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 07-17-2012 at 10:36 AM..
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #23
Drunken.Broncoholic

I got arrested for DUI, charges reduced to reckless driving. Had to take an 12 hour class and learned in that class that if the keys are anywhere inside the car, and youre in it, it can be charged as a DUI.

This has become more and more important since newer cars do not need keys to be in an ignition for it to start.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 07-17-2012 at 10:33 AM..
Old 07-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #24
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
The law for DUI is not made for these situations. I would ask for a jury and fight that tooth and nail. Idiot cops and sargeant that allowed that to be a DUI. Everything was done in a responsible way to stay off the road. hell, he was already home! I couldnt see a jury having 12 guilty votes on that one.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #25
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
I got arrested for DUI, charges reduced to reckless driving. Had to take an 12 hour class and learned in that class that if the keys are anywhere inside the car, and youre in it, it can be charged as a DUI.

This has become more and more important since newer cars do not need keys to be in an ignition for it to start.
Something isn't making sense here, or there's a misapplication of the law. According to what you all are saying, if you get drunk and have a designated driver take your keys and drive you home in your car, you are still guilty of a DUI because you and your keys are in the car. That clearly isn't the law, so there's got to be something else, some other criteria, that has to be met.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote