The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
Saints

Default Making my first trip to Denver for the Saints Game

Hello fellas, we are making the trip to Denver for the Saints Sunday night game. I have never been to Denver before, where should we stay in Denver and what should we plan on doing? We are 25 and like to party....... Thanks for the help, can't wait for some football
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
Saints

also, what route should i take to get tickets?
Old 07-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

From NOLA too, and I'm jealous! I would love the chance to go watch the bronco vs saints game in Denver. I went the the saints vs broncos game down here a couple of years back (which was awesome because that was the one Anderson broke the rookie rushing record). I live in ATL right now, but it's good to know I wasn't the only bronco fan in NOLA!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #4
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
I live in ATL right now, but it's good to know I wasn't the only bronco fan in NOLA!
Judging by his user name, I'm not so sure he's a Broncos fan...
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
Saints

nope, not a broncos fan but I come in peace, just want to make sure we enjoy Denver to the fullest extent because I have heard its an awesome city
Old 07-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #6
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Check out the tailgating thread, they have a lot of info even for rival fans.

Everything depends on how much you want to spend on your trip. I would stay somewhere near the 16th street mall if I only had a couple days in town. If you have more I would rent a car and drive to red rocks or garden of the gods or up into the mountains.

My favorite place to stay is the Adams Mark with a view of either the park or mountains but that is pricey.

Enjoy the ass whipping. BTW what is the bounty for knocking Manning out of the game?

broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #7
Stuck in Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Check out the tailgating thread, they have a lot of info even for rival fans.

Everything depends on how much you want to spend on your trip. I would stay somewhere near the 16th street mall if I only had a couple days in town. If you have more I would rent a car and drive to red rocks or garden of the gods or up into the mountains.

My favorite place to stay is the Adams Mark with a view of either the park or mountains but that is pricey.

Enjoy the ass whipping. BTW what is the bounty for knocking Manning out of the game?

Garden of the gods is amazing. The Air Force Academy is really nice to visit also( just outside Colorado Springs, not far from Denver) my wifes grandpa made the chapel replica that's in the visitor area, he was a really skilled carpenter.

As far as Denver goes, I have never explored it, always stayed with wifes family in the Springs and drove to Denver for games or Greely for training camp when it was held there.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #8
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Trust me as a former Denver resident... You want to stay at any hotel on East Colfax. There are also a ton of night clubs/social establisments there as well. Can not go wrong in that area.

Plenty of girls there as well if you are planning on breaking out your southern "charm"

CBF1 aka cruise director has spoken.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #9
Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

Sean Payton has offered nudes of his ex wife!!!!!!!

so, cheapest route for tix?
Old 07-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #10
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Trust me as a former Denver resident... You want to stay at any hotel on East Colfax. There are also a ton of night clubs/social establisments there as well. Can not go wrong in that area.

Plenty of girls there as well if you are planning on breaking out your southern "charm"

CBF1 aka cruise director has spoken.

Actually next time you drop into DIA take Pena blvd to airport RD. From there hop on Colfax and you will find new development along Colfax. You'll see store fronts being updated. Starbucks, new banks, then you will get I-225. From there you will see the largest single hospital development in the country that has added 25,000 good jobs to date and they aren't even close to being done.

My old man use to run a motel on "east colfax" when there were girls. If you see a woman on east colfax now it's likely she is wearing a nursing outfit, making 50k-100k a year, and coming back from a new restaurant in her BMW.

All the old Colfax jokes now have to be directed on the Denver portion of colfax because East Colfax isn't what it once was.

There are a handful of the old motels you remember CBF1 but more than half of them are gone and the rest have a short shelf life.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Saints Fan......Put your boys in Lot M. First come first serve but you'll get in. Quick walk to the stadium and good general vibe in there with less yellow coats to bug your group.

Last edited by Meck77; 07-15-2012 at 03:40 PM..
Meck77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #11
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If you're 25 you want to stay in the "LoDo" area. It's where all the clubs, etc, are located. It is also close to the stadium.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #12
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints View Post
Sean Payton has offered nudes of his ex wife!!!!!!!

so, cheapest route for tix?
Good luck there, I get mine from a local who has season tix.

Maybe try stub hub?
Old 07-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #13
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
nope, not a broncos fan but I come in peace, just want to make sure we enjoy Denver to the fullest extent because I have heard its an awesome city
Stay anywhere downtown, in what is called the LoDo area. There is a hotel right by the stadium, but it is, shall we say getting on in age.

Make sure to check in here and look for tailgate announcements. Rival fans are always welcome to most tailgates if they are cool.

The stadium isn't far from LoDo, which is the main bar area in our town. I have transitioned to parenting so I never go down there anymore but it was a blast when I was 25.

I will do some ticket searching for you see what I can find.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #14
Saints

I appreciate the help fellas, if y'all ever make it down to an LSU or Saints game I would love to show the same generosity. I'm excited that a lot of tailgating goes on, our LSU tailgates are top of the line but with the Dome being downtown it's just easier to pre game at a bar unless you wanna pay $40 to park in the few lots around the Dome
Old 07-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #15
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Hello fellas, we are making the trip to Denver for the Saints Sunday night game. I have never been to Denver before, where should we stay in Denver and what should we plan on doing? We are 25 and like to party....... Thanks for the help, can't wait for some football
My roommate (dumbass Saints fan ) and I are also heading to Denver for this game. We're staying at the Ramada Hotel on Zuni St. It's certainly no Hilton but I've stayed there before. It's dirt cheap and close to the Stadium and downtown. If you're partying, you probably don't care what your room looks like as if you're like me (I'm 26) you're barely ever there. As far as tickets try (I emphasize try) when they go on sale next week. If not I've used StubHub before. DO NOT purchase them til regular tickets go on sale as right now the prices are downright retarded.

Cheers
Old 07-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #16
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Stay anywhere downtown, in what is called the LoDo area. There is a hotel right by the stadium, but it is, shall we say getting on in age.

Make sure to check in here and look for tailgate announcements. Rival fans are always welcome to most tailgates if they are cool.

The stadium isn't far from LoDo, which is the main bar area in our town. I have transitioned to parenting so I never go down there anymore but it was a blast when I was 25.

I will do some ticket searching for you see what I can find.
If you happen to find additional tix, let me know. Haven't gotten my tix yet for this game.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #17
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
You should check out the local library.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #18
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Yep, stay downtown.

You're obviously used to a better party scene, but you'll still have a good time.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #19
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
As far as tickets try (I emphasize try) when they go on sale next week.

Cheers
What date do single tix go on sale? Thanks.
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #20
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

July 23, single game tickets go on sale. Which explains why I can't list my tickets in exchange. I thought tickets already went on sale!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #21
Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Yep, stay downtown.

You're obviously used to a better party scene, but you'll still have a good time.
That's all we are looking for, I guess you could say we like to drink a little too much I've been to every football venue in the SEC plus a few other Saints away games and we always make friends with some locals and have a great time
Old 07-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #22
Saints

Quote:
July 23, single game tickets go on sale. Which explains why I can't list my tickets in exchange. I thought tickets already went on sale!
so there is a waiting list for season tickets but they still sell individual game tickets? I would imagine it's just a few tickets that are left over from the family, etc of the away team?
Old 07-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #23
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
so there is a waiting list for season tickets but they still sell individual game tickets? I would imagine it's just a few tickets that are left over from the family, etc of the away team?
They reserve a certain amount for single game tickets and part of getting the stadium built they were required to reserve a certain amount for half price sales which they do the day single game tickets go on sale. Those half priced tickets are reserved for residents, I think.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #24
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
They reserve a certain amount for single game tickets and part of getting the stadium built they were required to reserve a certain amount for half price sales which they do the day single game tickets go on sale. Those half priced tickets are reserved for residents, I think.
I thought they released them locally a limited amount of time before the game but anyone can buy them. duh bears do that here they are hard to get.

When I plan a trip in from out of state the 1st thing I make sure I have is the tix then I make the reservations. Unless I were going to San Diego to watch a Bronco away game, in that case the Chargers ticket sale office calls me!

Old 07-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #25
Saints

Oh ok, I guess we don't have the same deal because we sell out season tickets. I can't wait for this trip/game, it is going to be one of the best games of the year IMO. Anything we need to know regarding tailgating laws with walking with alcohol? In New Orleans we can walk down the street with a beer 7 days a week so we make sure to look up local laws before we leave town