The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
rideco

Default directv and NFL package

I had not signed up for the NFL package yet and boy am I glad. With this big viacom/directv battle that is going on I was able to get nfl sunday ticket for free. Not directly free but they gave me large discount on my bill and added the NFL sunday ticket and ended up getting 7$ a month back on my bill. I dont know exactly how it all worked but I basically said look my kids watch these channels that are off and I am a premier package holder and I need to get NFL sunday ticket. Next thing I know the guy said I can do this this and this and you will get NFL sunday ticket and 7$ a month less on your bill. Then we started talking about Peyton Manning and the Broncos. So if you are on directv call those ppl and get some money back while you have some leverage.
I am a happy customer!!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

explain more in detail... what's going on?
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
rideco

I read this:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/12/tech/w...nts/index.html

and called. Its worth a call to directv if you are a customer.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

if only we had a thread that covered this in sickening detail along with personal accounts and tips...
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #5
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideco View Post
I had not signed up for the NFL package yet and boy am I glad. With this big viacom/directv battle that is going on I was able to get nfl sunday ticket for free. Not directly free but they gave me large discount on my bill and added the NFL sunday ticket and ended up getting 7$ a month back on my bill. I dont know exactly how it all worked but I basically said look my kids watch these channels that are off and I am a premier package holder and I need to get NFL sunday ticket. Next thing I know the guy said I can do this this and this and you will get NFL sunday ticket and 7$ a month less on your bill. Then we started talking about Peyton Manning and the Broncos. So if you are on directv call those ppl and get some money back while you have some leverage.
I am a happy customer!!
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92586
Dendave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #6
rideco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendave View Post

Well I can always start a Tebow thread if you want something original. My point was simply if you have directv call them cauz you can prob. get something out of them now because of the viacom dispute. That is all.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #7
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
if only we had a thread that covered this in sickening detail along with personal accounts and tips...
ahahaha
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #8
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

I just checked my DTV account, went to "my sports" and saw "NFL Sunday Ticket Max" was listed as a current package with a price of $0. Was this part of some loyalty thing I haven't seen? Should I be hyping this or is it likely to fall apart?
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #9
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Hell yea I am going to try this tomorrow.

I actually do have two kids that watch Nick and I am missing Comedy Central...if I werent in a contract I would probably switch to cable.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #10
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

I just called about an hour ago after seeing the CNN story. They gave me $10 off per month for 24 months and Starz for 6 months. I didn't ask about the NFL Ticket since I get all the Broncos games... But should have so that I can pick the best early games to watch that way. Think I could call them back and get it?
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #11
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

i called them today to complain about the viacomm issue and the fact that they giving newbies free sunday ticket...

they offered me the sunday ticket max for free, but instead we ended up on taking $25 off my bill for 3 mos then $20 a mos the rest of the year, a 4th hd dvr for my kid's room, free showtime/starz for 3 mos, and sunday ticket max for half price...

i ain't mad at that...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:06 AM   #12
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I like to remind those that can't get the Sunday Ticket that this site is hands down the next best thing and it's cheap too. $40 for the full season. And one thing this site has the Sunday Ticket does not is that you can go back anytime and watch games from the past. Want to watch all the Broncos games from last season to get you hyped up, just click and watch. Very nice. Oh yeah, and you get some neat features Sunday Ticket does not. Coaches View, Condensed games. All in HD of course and you also get the preseason games.

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/sec...es?ttv=7&ttp=3

Last edited by ZONA; 07-13-2012 at 04:12 AM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #13
rideco

I am happy some of you guys were able benefit from talking to directv vs b****ing about how there is already a thread about nfl sunday ticket.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #14
delany
Uber Bronco

Quote:
I am happy some of you guys were able benefit from talking to directv vs b****ing about how there is already a thread about nfl sunday ticket.
Did that comment upset and stay with you?

Do you need a hug or can I buy you a thicker skin?
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #15
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

worst is we just switched to Direct tv this week and now this **** happens. Didnt tell us about the dispute but we did get NFL Package for free so I hope the Viacom dispute ends soon to make it worth it. Am I missing Teen Moms on MTV? Damn, I am going to be pissed. First they take away videos and now I cant even watch MTV.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #16
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
don't get so butt hurt....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #17
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
I just called about an hour ago after seeing the CNN story. They gave me $10 off per month for 24 months and Starz for 6 months. I didn't ask about the NFL Ticket since I get all the Broncos games... But should have so that I can pick the best early games to watch that way. Think I could call them back and get it?
Well I took action and called D-TV based on this thread and I got Starz for free for 6 months. Worked out for me...
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #18
rideco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
don't get so butt hurt....
Its all good just trying to help some ppl out.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #19
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

I love how this thread is about Viacomm versus DirecTV and yet morons talk about there being an existing thread.

In short: no, there has not been a thread about that.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #20
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
I love how this thread is about Viacomm versus DirecTV and yet morons talk about there being an existing thread.

In short: no, there has not been a thread about that.
I see your point for sure but it wasn't really about Viacomm more than it was about how that prompted him to call in and he ended up with some deal on Sunday Ticket, etc.

Which, again, was talked about here:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...=92586&page=11

In the end, I really don't give a **** who uses what thread, I just like being a pest.

Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #21
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I see your point for sure but it wasn't really about Viacomm more than it was about how that prompted him to call in and he ended up with some deal on Sunday Ticket, etc.

Which, again, was talked about here:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...=92586&page=11

In the end, I really don't give a **** who uses what thread, I just like being a pest.

I respect that. I too love being a pest.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #22
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

THANKS for the thread....last year I missed out by two weeks and since we were just brand new they wouldnt do jack shiat for us.

Now though, like you guys, I got starz and showtime for 3 months free, got $10 off for 24 MOs, got a new HDDVR receiver and $100 off of sunday ticket- which sadly I had bought july 2....right before this went down. Either way, I was planning on getting it anyway, so weather I made out like a bandit or not I got some shows and discounts for nothing. I will take it!
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #23
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I ended up calling and got starz for 6 months, showtime for 3 months, and $10 off my bill
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #24
eff1ngham

They wouldn't give me Sunday Ticket Max for free, but I got 50% off the total cost of it and 3 months of Starz and Showtime for free. Not too shabby I suppose, and they did add Sprout and Encore while the other channels are out. Not quite a replacement for Nick since that's 4 channels and Sprout is just one, and I miss Workaholics and Futurama already, but at least it's something