The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2012, 06:03 AM   #1
EmpireOrange
Seasoned Veteran

Default Anybody else notice

Denver missing the playoffs is the #1 "bold" prediction among the media types? Everybody. Its like the anti-Eagles from a year ago, the dream team. Don't believe in karma but this is a good sign. Warren Buffett always says: when everyone's running out of the market, buy the market. When they all are running into the market, short the market. Smart money is on the Broncos.
EmpireOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2012, 06:22 AM   #2
OrangeSe7en

The concept of "buy low, sell high" pre-dates Warren Buffet.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

I don't think this was intended to be a conversation about investing, something tells me this was meant to spur on conversation about the Denver Broncos. Just a hunch.

I agree OP, I have always enjoyed being the media under dog. There is a lot of speculation surrounding Peyton Manning, and that drives many people's speculative behavior. I personally have a very quiet optimistic perspective.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #4
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

At this point in time, with so little of substance to write about people are just trying to publish anything that is a bit sensationalist. Trying to grab a headline in the dead-zone of the off season.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure they even write stuff that they don't honestly believe in themselves just for the sake of selling articles.

People figure, why not make some bold predictions!? If I'm right, I'll point it out and look smart - brilliant even (if it's a really out there prediction) - and If I'm wrong, no one will remember what I said anyhow!
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #5
Drunken.Broncoholic

I think the media is just guessing based on the broncos having the hardest schedule in the league besides giants.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #6
Jay3

I think it's a good prediction, not even bold.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #7
EmpireOrange
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
The concept of "buy low, sell high" pre-dates Warren Buffet.
First, wasn't relating to the hollow stock market cliche "buy low, sell high". More to the point, Warren Buffett isn't a buy low, sell high type investor - are we all?. He's a buy within discounted margins of saftey, and holds forever type of investor. When the market sells, Buffett buys more than usual. That is if you want to get technical that is.

Fack!, when is traing camp already? This facking sucks...
EmpireOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #8
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
I don't think this was intended to be a conversation about investing, something tells me this was meant to spur on conversation about the Denver Broncos. Just a hunch.

I agree OP, I have always enjoyed being the media under dog. There is a lot of speculation surrounding Peyton Manning, and that drives many people's speculative behavior. I personally have a very quiet optimistic perspective.
Sorry but the investing comment was the thing in the OP most worth discussing. There's all kinds of noise during every offseason. There's even a bunch of noise during the season. Its not worth the time or energy chasing after every perceived slight.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #9
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireOrange View Post
First, wasn't relating to the hollow stock market cliche "buy low, sell high". More to the point, Warren Buffett isn't a buy low, sell high type investor - are we all?. He's a buy within discounted margins of saftey, and holds forever type of investor. When the market sells, Buffett buys more than usual. That is if you want to get technical that is.

Fack!, when is traing camp already? This facking sucks...
And that's the same thing.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #10
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

What I wanna know is - where is the insider info? I am staying tuned!
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #11
BroncsRule
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Not even any examples. a quck check of the interwebz showed the Broncos ranled between #7 and #13 in various power rankings: CBS, ESPIN, FOX, Sporting News, Bletcher Report..

Of those 5, only CBS has us on the outside looking in - and then only by one spot.
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #12
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Groupthink is most prevalent in the media. I had one reporter tell me everyone agrees with each other for fear of losing your colleagues' respect.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #13
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

100th monkey...
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #14
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I think it's a good prediction, not even bold.
Who'd have thunk you would be one of those that agree with the negative take....mainly because you're still upset about Elway signing Manning and dumping your boy.....you make no sense, dude...you're like "if only Coach Norman Dale had stood pat with Ollie instead of signing Jimmy Chitwood, I mean afterall...Ollie did win a playoff game for them"
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #15
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

People are taking stock in pre-training camp predictions?

That's kind of funny.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #16
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Groupthink is most prevalent in the media. I had one reporter tell me everyone agrees with each other for fear of losing your colleagues' respect.
This is especially true in sports media where it's really easy to change the discourse.

July: "Denver is missing the playoffs and Peyton will struggle." We all said it

November: "Peyton is Peyton and anybody that doubted him was foolish." We all said it.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #17
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Who'd have thunk you would be one of those that agree with the negative take....mainly because you're still upset about Elway signing Manning and dumping your boy.....you make no sense, dude...you're like "if only Coach Norman Dale had stood pat with Ollie instead of signing Jimmy Chitwood, I mean afterall...Ollie did win a playoff game for them"
You process everything through that lens.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #18
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post

I was wondering when a Tebow reference would come in to this thread. For some people, a QB who leads a team to the playoffs (one who incidentally won as many playoff games as the last 4 starting Bronco QB's) will be upset by moving him.

As you are entitled to think signing Manning was the best move ever (and it could be, you never know) others are entitled to think it was a mistake.

Besides, TC starts in 2 weeks. The dim light of the end of this offseason is rapidly brightening.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #19
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

I am bummed about this post because I was almost certain it was going to be about bewbs
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote