The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Default UFC 148

Anyone watching UFC?
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2012, 11:28 PM   #2
Cmac821
Harden by loss

Can't wait for next year

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fox Mulder

Saw Silva won, did he in fact break the guys teeth?
Cmac821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #3
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

That was a joke. The ref should be fired for stopping that fight.

Hate to say it but the fix was on.

After round one he did not have a chance unless it was given to him.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:59 AM   #4
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Chael Sonnen got his ass beat and deserved it.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:03 AM   #5
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
His ass beat? He took 1 knee to the chest and that ended the fight.

Silva was constantly holding onto his shorts and refs didn't do ****.

I wish it would have went longer.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:30 AM   #6
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

i was going to post a link to it last night, but didnt want baja to go on another rant about how wrong it is to do things like that
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:57 AM   #7
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
i was going to post a link to it last night, but didnt want baja to go on another rant about how wrong it is to do things like that
That was half the reason I started the thread. I found a pretty good link on my own but was hoping for a backup.

I don't know about it being fixed. When you compare it to the Pacquiao fight it's not even close. The ref stopped it because he wasn't defending himself. Silva got his ass handed to him in the 1st round but stepped it up in the second.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #8
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
You're afraid of a doufus like baja?
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #9
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
You do realize that Sonnen beat the hell of out Silva for an entire round….then made a mistake in the 2nd and took a knee to the chest….fight over.

Oh, and the ref was a big help to Silva….BIG.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #10
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

Alright boys, you need to calm down. That stop was perfectly fine. Sonnen wasn't "intelligently defending himself" and was taking some big blows.

If there's any reason to call for the firing of Yves, it would be his refusal to stand them up in round 1 when Chael was trying to lay and pray his way to another 25 minute snorefest...

Last edited by DHallblows; 07-08-2012 at 09:12 AM..
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #11
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

see this is the problem with pissing contests between fans.
the end result is all that matters. Sonnen dominated the first fight then got cocky, let his guard down and then got outsmarted and had to tap.

learning nothing from the first fight Sonnen did the same exact thing, had a really good round against silva, then got cocky, let his guard down and then got outsmarted and Silva punished him.

as good as Silva is, Sonnen has no one to blame but himself for losing both fights.
you don't poke a bear and then make a mistake to allow the bear to gut you.
Sonnen did so in both fights.

the ref was right to stop the fight. had he not done so Silva was gonna do some serious and likely permanent damage to Sonnen.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #12
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
You do realize that Sonnen beat the hell of out Silva for an entire round….then made a mistake in the 2nd and took a knee to the chest….fight over.

Oh, and the ref was a big help to Silva….BIG.
I watched it....Sonnen tried some stupid backhanded foolish punch that left him open and Silva, being the ultimate pro, took advantage of it.

Sonnen ran his big mouth for 2 years and then couldn't back it up....again.

A guy like Silva will take a beating while waiting for his one opportunity for his opponent to make a mistake.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #13
Elway 4 Life
Pass rushers apply here!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Silva/Sonnen went the way I expected it. Tito (can't stand him) got jobbed though. He won that fight IMO. Forrest should be the one retiring.
Elway 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #14
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

Both should be retiring. Neither have been relevant in years.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #15
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

If I had paid money to watch that card I would have been pissed!
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #16
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
I watched it....Sonnen tried some stupid backhanded foolish punch that left him open and Silva, being the ultimate pro, took advantage of it.

Sonnen ran his big mouth for 2 years and then couldn't back it up....again.

A guy like Silva will take a beating while waiting for his one opportunity for his opponent to make a mistake.
The backhanded spin punch or whatever it is technically called was stupid. Could have done damage if connected but left him exposed when he missed. He was doing fine too, not like he was getting dominated and needed to just desperately try something. Just my opinion watching what I could in and out of streams.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #17
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

There's nothing wrong with using a spinning backfist. It's a technical move that can lead to some great results.

John Jones had a great elbow:

There is nothing stupid about going for a spinning backfist. Especially if you are known as a pure boxer (with little muay thai or kickboxing background), it is a good move to catch your opponent off guard.

But the move is so quick, it doesn't leave you any more open than any other punch. I'd hardly say it's any more risky than a superman punch. You just spin back into place if you miss...Now if you're a (apparently uncoordinated) wrestler and you fall down doing it...then, yes you look like an idiot.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #18
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Ah ok, we'll I am a casual fan and it seemed foolish to me. But for the reasons you state I can understand why he used it then.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #19
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHallblows View Post
There's nothing wrong with using a spinning backfist. It's a technical move that can lead to some great results.

There is nothing stupid about going for a spinning backfist. Especially if you are known as a pure boxer (with little muay thai or kickboxing background), it is a good move to catch your opponent off guard.

But the move is so quick, it doesn't leave you any more open than any other punch. I'd hardly say it's any more risky than a superman punch. You just spin back into place if you miss...Now if you're a (apparently uncoordinated) wrestler and you fall down doing it...then, yes you look like an idiot.
Considering who he is and how he looked throwing it....and factoring in who he threw it against, it was a stupid move.

I agree that it will work against some fighters, but a dude like Silva will be ready to pounce on any opening he can get and Sonnen left himself wide open.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #20
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

He fell down. Its not like Silva was a cougar knocking him out when he made a mistake he pulled a dumbass move.

Silva did put a thigh on his noggin as he sat there. If we flip the fighters it gets stopped and Sonnen gets a point taken away.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #21
Turd_Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Ah ok, we'll I am a casual fan and it seemed foolish to me. But for the reasons you state I can understand why he used it then.
It was foolish. A spinning backfist is the equivalent of throwing an interception on 2nd down and 3 to go when you are up by 7 points with 2 minutes left in the game. It is an effective technique, when landed, but it is also considered a high risk move. You just dominated the first round by taking him down and pounding him on the ground... You are winning the fight for the world championship against an EXTREMELY dangerous opponent and you decide to go with the spinning backfist? Not a take down attempt of a conservative approach? I think it was dumb, and I really really really wanted Sonnen to win.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #22
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
He fell down. Its not like Silva was a cougar knocking him out when he made a mistake he pulled a dumbass move.

Silva did put a thigh on his noggin as he sat there. If we flip the fighters it gets stopped and Sonnen gets a point taken away.
He'd get a point taken away for a legal knee to the chest
Old 07-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #23
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

Why are people acting like Sonnen had Silva right where he wanted him? He had managed one boring round to match the other 5 from the first fight. The 2nd round Silva was stuffing the takedowns, which could lead to Chael having to stand with him.

The fight was like a third over. We're talking about an interception on 2nd and 3 up 7 points with 5 minutes left in the 1st half maybe...
Old 07-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #24
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHallblows View Post
Why are people acting like Sonnen had Silva right where he wanted him? He had managed one boring round to match the other 5 from the first fight. The 2nd round Silva was stuffing the takedowns, which could lead to Chael having to stand with him.

The fight was like a third over. We're talking about an interception on 2nd and 3 up 7 points with 5 minutes left in the 1st half maybe...
If you can't appreciate Sonnen putting Silva on his back and mounting him you are probably watching the wrong sport. From what I saw- the fight and replays I did not like the knee. Silva won capitalized on a mistake and ended the fight.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:39 PM   #25
doonwise
Seasoned Veteran

One would think that if anyone had a right to question any part of the fight, it would be Sonnen, but he had nothing negative to say toward Silva or the outcome. Remember, Dana White would love to see Silva get pounded, but he just hasn't found the fighter that can do it.
doonwise is offline   Reply With Quote