The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #251
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,934

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Really?


Yea why not, that play executed twice in openers by Manning and Thomas was McDaniels dream. What makes it better is Zane Beadles being the key block down field on both plays. Both guys making the bubble screen work are McDaniels draft picks, and we all know how much Joshy loved those bubble screens.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #252
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Yea why not, that play executed twice in openers by Manning and Thomas was McDaniels dream. What makes it better is Zane Beadles being the key block down field on both plays. Both guys making the bubble screen work are McDaniels draft picks, and we all know how much Joshy loved those bubble screens.
Exactly.

While Josh was in over his head as a 30-something HC, and deserves a lot of the contempt he has received by most, he also did some things good for the Broncos, by clearing the roster of malcontents and head cases. His attempts to infuse youth and speed onto the roster, had mixed results. Just like every other head coach, he hit on some, whiffed on others.

Thomas, Decker, Beadles, Bruton, Ayers, Moreno have all in one way or another contributed to the current Broncos level of success....and he should get credit for seeing the potential and drafting them. He more than likely won't....but he should.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #253
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 6,532

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

I refuse to crown the guy just because he had a cant miss pick. he dumped Marshall so it was either going to be Dez Bryant or Thomas either pic was a can't miss.





Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #254
BroncosfanGuy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
I refuse to crown the guy just because he had a cant miss pick. he dumped Marshall so it was either going to be Dez Bryant or Thomas either pic was a can't miss.
No, Thomas and Dez were both far from can't miss. Thomas is who I wanted Denver to take, but he was a raw WR who had virtually no route tree to speak of and he played in Paul Jonson's option (not even spread option) offence. And he had a broken foot/foot injury so he couldn't perform in the usual pre-draft processes such as the NFL Combine.

Dez Bryant had been suspended for an entire NCAA season prior to entering the draft and had a number of red flags. Neither were can't miss prospects.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #255
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 25,500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
I refuse to crown the guy just because he had a cant miss pick. he dumped Marshall so it was either going to be Dez Bryant or Thomas either pic was a can't miss.
Nobody's asking you to "crown" anyone. And the 22nd pick in the draft is really never "can't miss".
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #256
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 32,857

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
I refuse to crown the guy just because he had a cant miss pick. he dumped Marshall so it was either going to be Dez Bryant or Thomas either pic was a can't miss.





Hardly a "can't miss". Many had demaryius going in the 2nd
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #257
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 14,011

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

My top 5 (in order)

Calvin Johnson
Damaryius Thomas
A.J. Green
Larry Fitzgerald
Julio Jones/Dez Bryant

I mean, all these guys get it done and don't really have weaknesses in their games. I like the "transformer" brothers the most because they're simply the freaks as far as size/speed.

Both the "transformer" brothers are a solid 230 pounds and run 4.34 and 4.38 respectively. Jones runs a 4.4, Greens runs a 4.5, Dez a 4.58 and Fitz runs a 4.6.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #258
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Admittedly, I was really worried about him in your guys game since I started him in fantasy football.

He had no TD's or yards in the first half and I was panicking, but fortunately he put up some good stats later on!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #259
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 6,532

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

his choices were Dez Bryant or Demaryius Thomas. it's not like he found some rare find in the later rounds. anyway this thread in about celebrating potentially the greatest wide receiver Denver Broncos history.




Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #260
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 6,532

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default





Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:18 AM   #261
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 6,532

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default











Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #262
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 6,532

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default







Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #263
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer
 
outdoor_miner's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,231

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Oh, how I love watching the perfectly executed bubble screen to Demaryius. Just a thing of beauty.
outdoor_miner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #264
Smilin Assassin
Tradition
 
Smilin Assassin's Avatar
 
"Buy in, or get the hell out."

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 2,215
Default

The announcers mentioned several times that the Broncos made it a point coming out of the bye to get DT the ball more. I don't know if they learned this in the pre-game meetings, or if they were just speculating, but if it is true I think it will really help this team in the long run.

The big play potential of DT will help the running game, as well.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #265
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 25,500
Default

Quote:
The second touchdown was an example of what’s called “building offense,” which is when plays derive from earlier plays. It’s something the Broncos do better than any team. In this instance, the field position and receiver alignment were similar to Thomas’s first score. Thomas again ran an out-route. This time, cornerback Shareece Wright, knowing Denver’s tendencies, sat on it.

Peyton Manning, expecting that Wright would play the tendency, called a route that had Thomas make the out-cut but then immediately redirect back inside. It was an easy touchdown.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/11/sp...at-builds.html
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #266
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
Got to see Lady Gaga

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 66,130

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Loved the blocking out front on that DT TD off the screen. DT is a lot faster than I think.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:45 PM   #267
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 6,532

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default



http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...ENG&os=windows


Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:53 PM   #268
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 20,472

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Booker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post

But but but that can't be! KCRud says DT is horrible compared to Gordon!
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:48 AM   #269
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-2013-e...maryius-Thomas

Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:59 PM   #270
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Humility leads Demaryius Thomas into NFL's elite

"DT represents a poor example of an elite wide receiver in the NFL. They are supposed to be loud, rippling with swag, too cool for school.

Can you picture that slight Southern smile telling Peyton Manning to give him the damn ball?

"At first, when he got here, I'll be honest, I was scared to talk to him. It was Peyton Manning," Thomas told me in a quiet corner at Dove Valley.

"I'm no different than anyone else. I mean, it's Peyton."

"Further, with Manning at quarterback, the Broncos are an equal-opportunity operation, the first team in history with five players scoring 10 touchdowns. The other All-Pro wideouts — Johnson (first team), Josh Gordon (first), A.J. Green (second) and Antonio Brown (second) — were clear-cut No. 1 options.

"That's why I didn't expect to make it," Thomas said. "As a group, with all of our guys, we didn't really have a main target. So for me to be on the group that made All-Pro, it's a big deal to me. There's a lot of guys that had better numbers than me.

"I was surprised. I was happy to make it, but I was surprised."

DT isn't trying to fool anyone. He's aware Manning turns Pro Bowlers into All-Pros.

Has he left a note in Peyton's locker to request another five years from the ultimate quarterback?

"I wish he would play five more years, man. I'm blessed just to have him for this long. I appreciate him," Thomas said. "At this point, the main thing for him is to win another Super Bowl. That's what we want to do for him."

Here's the kicker: DT is still on his rookie contract.

"Yes, I am," he said, knowing the next question. "I am


Read more at http://gazette.com/klee-humility-lea...rticle/1512229
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:40 PM   #271
Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco's Avatar
 
Not your buddy

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Make my day
Posts: 1,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
"DT represents a poor example of an elite wide receiver in the NFL. They are supposed to be loud, rippling with swag, too cool for school.

Can you picture that slight Southern smile telling Peyton Manning to give him the damn ball?

"At first, when he got here, I'll be honest, I was scared to talk to him. It was Peyton Manning," Thomas told me in a quiet corner at Dove Valley.

"I'm no different than anyone else. I mean, it's Peyton."

"Further, with Manning at quarterback, the Broncos are an equal-opportunity operation, the first team in history with five players scoring 10 touchdowns. The other All-Pro wideouts — Johnson (first team), Josh Gordon (first), A.J. Green (second) and Antonio Brown (second) — were clear-cut No. 1 options.

"That's why I didn't expect to make it," Thomas said. "As a group, with all of our guys, we didn't really have a main target. So for me to be on the group that made All-Pro, it's a big deal to me. There's a lot of guys that had better numbers than me.

"I was surprised. I was happy to make it, but I was surprised."

DT isn't trying to fool anyone. He's aware Manning turns Pro Bowlers into All-Pros.

Has he left a note in Peyton's locker to request another five years from the ultimate quarterback?

"I wish he would play five more years, man. I'm blessed just to have him for this long. I appreciate him," Thomas said. "At this point, the main thing for him is to win another Super Bowl. That's what we want to do for him."

Here's the kicker: DT is still on his rookie contract.

"Yes, I am," he said, knowing the next question. "I am


Read more at http://gazette.com/klee-humility-lea...rticle/1512229
I don't know how you can't like this guy, seems like a really good guy when he isn't with perrish cox at a party.

back to back 1400+ yards and 10+ td seasons, I'd like to see the short list of other wrs who have done that.
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:33 AM   #272
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11,558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
His speed when he gets going still surprises me, he a fast mofo.
Will quote my own post. Still gets me.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:18 AM   #273
NUB
Just Crafted
 
NUB's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,554

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

DT is such an amazing surprise. I thought he was done for sure after the Achilles, but he really bounced back. A lot of pieces that had slow starts are really coming around now, all at a perfect time.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:33 AM   #274
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,918
Default

I hope he plays his entire career, at Denver. He's a fun player to watch...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #275
bronco militia
made a business decision"
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 719
Posts: 29,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
I don't know how you can't like this guy, seems like a really good guy when he isn't with perrish cox at a party.

back to back 1400+ yards and 10+ td seasons, I'd like to see the short list of other wrs who have done that.



dude! he missed all the girl on girl action!
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:30 PM.


Denver Broncos