The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2013, 07:13 AM   #251
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Look at this play, look where Beadles is at. He is the fastest guard on the team and this is what he gives Denver.
He's fast but he didn't give us anything on that play. That play was entirely set up by Welker and Clady.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:32 AM   #252
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
He's fast but he didn't give us anything on that play. That play was entirely set up by Welker and Clady.
Looking at the video, the Raven's player Beadles blocks looked like he had a very good chance to catch Thomas
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #253
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

DT is a phenom. I'm so glad we drafted him and that we actually got a 1st round pick WR that is paying off for us....remember Nash/Lelie!

That being said...Dez is right there with him. Those two guys if they can keep their heads right are going to be great for the next 10yrs!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #254
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
only because there was no one there for him to block. He protected DTs back door from being violated.

These bubble screens Denver runs is what Beadles does very well as well as all the pulling. He might be weaker at the point of attack but he does do these things very well.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #255
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Really?

Yea why not, that play executed twice in openers by Manning and Thomas was McDaniels dream. What makes it better is Zane Beadles being the key block down field on both plays. Both guys making the bubble screen work are McDaniels draft picks, and we all know how much Joshy loved those bubble screens.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #256
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Yea why not, that play executed twice in openers by Manning and Thomas was McDaniels dream. What makes it better is Zane Beadles being the key block down field on both plays. Both guys making the bubble screen work are McDaniels draft picks, and we all know how much Joshy loved those bubble screens.
Exactly.

While Josh was in over his head as a 30-something HC, and deserves a lot of the contempt he has received by most, he also did some things good for the Broncos, by clearing the roster of malcontents and head cases. His attempts to infuse youth and speed onto the roster, had mixed results. Just like every other head coach, he hit on some, whiffed on others.

Thomas, Decker, Beadles, Bruton, Ayers, Moreno have all in one way or another contributed to the current Broncos level of success....and he should get credit for seeing the potential and drafting them. He more than likely won't....but he should.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #257
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

I refuse to crown the guy just because he had a cant miss pick. he dumped Marshall so it was either going to be Dez Bryant or Thomas either pic was a can't miss.

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #258
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
I refuse to crown the guy just because he had a cant miss pick. he dumped Marshall so it was either going to be Dez Bryant or Thomas either pic was a can't miss.
No, Thomas and Dez were both far from can't miss. Thomas is who I wanted Denver to take, but he was a raw WR who had virtually no route tree to speak of and he played in Paul Jonson's option (not even spread option) offence. And he had a broken foot/foot injury so he couldn't perform in the usual pre-draft processes such as the NFL Combine.

Dez Bryant had been suspended for an entire NCAA season prior to entering the draft and had a number of red flags. Neither were can't miss prospects.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #259
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Nobody's asking you to "crown" anyone. And the 22nd pick in the draft is really never "can't miss".
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #260
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

Hardly a "can't miss". Many had demaryius going in the 2nd
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #261
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

My top 5 (in order)

Calvin Johnson
Damaryius Thomas
A.J. Green
Larry Fitzgerald
Julio Jones/Dez Bryant

I mean, all these guys get it done and don't really have weaknesses in their games. I like the "transformer" brothers the most because they're simply the freaks as far as size/speed.

Both the "transformer" brothers are a solid 230 pounds and run 4.34 and 4.38 respectively. Jones runs a 4.4, Greens runs a 4.5, Dez a 4.58 and Fitz runs a 4.6.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #262
FearLanier

Admittedly, I was really worried about him in your guys game since I started him in fantasy football.

He had no TD's or yards in the first half and I was panicking, but fortunately he put up some good stats later on!
Old 09-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #263
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

his choices were Dez Bryant or Demaryius Thomas. it's not like he found some rare find in the later rounds. anyway this thread in about celebrating potentially the greatest wide receiver Denver Broncos history.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #264
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Old 09-30-2013, 01:18 AM   #265
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Old 11-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #266
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Old 11-11-2013, 09:11 AM   #267
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Oh, how I love watching the perfectly executed bubble screen to Demaryius. Just a thing of beauty.
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #268
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

The announcers mentioned several times that the Broncos made it a point coming out of the bye to get DT the ball more. I don't know if they learned this in the pre-game meetings, or if they were just speculating, but if it is true I think it will really help this team in the long run.

The big play potential of DT will help the running game, as well.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #269
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
The second touchdown was an example of what’s called “building offense,” which is when plays derive from earlier plays. It’s something the Broncos do better than any team. In this instance, the field position and receiver alignment were similar to Thomas’s first score. Thomas again ran an out-route. This time, cornerback Shareece Wright, knowing Denver’s tendencies, sat on it.

Peyton Manning, expecting that Wright would play the tendency, called a route that had Thomas make the out-cut but then immediately redirect back inside. It was an easy touchdown.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/11/sp...at-builds.html
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #270
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Loved the blocking out front on that DT TD off the screen. DT is a lot faster than I think.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #271
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Loved the blocking out front on that DT TD off the screen. DT is a lot faster than I think.
Unusually poor article from NYT sport's stuff.

The first flat TD was by Julius Thomas who burned Manti Teo 1 on 1.

The next flat TD was Demaryius, covered by Shareece Wright... didn't really have anything to do with Julius' touchdown or Denver's "tendencies".

I wonder if Benoit thinks they're the same person because of the last name and built his article based around that premise? If so, then it would hold water.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:45 PM   #272
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...ENG&os=windows

Old 01-01-2014, 09:53 PM   #273
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

But but but that can't be! KCRud says DT is horrible compared to Gordon!
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:48 AM   #274
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-2013-e...maryius-Thomas

Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:59 PM   #275
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Humility leads Demaryius Thomas into NFL's elite

"DT represents a poor example of an elite wide receiver in the NFL. They are supposed to be loud, rippling with swag, too cool for school.

Can you picture that slight Southern smile telling Peyton Manning to give him the damn ball?

"At first, when he got here, I'll be honest, I was scared to talk to him. It was Peyton Manning," Thomas told me in a quiet corner at Dove Valley.

"I'm no different than anyone else. I mean, it's Peyton."

"Further, with Manning at quarterback, the Broncos are an equal-opportunity operation, the first team in history with five players scoring 10 touchdowns. The other All-Pro wideouts — Johnson (first team), Josh Gordon (first), A.J. Green (second) and Antonio Brown (second) — were clear-cut No. 1 options.

"That's why I didn't expect to make it," Thomas said. "As a group, with all of our guys, we didn't really have a main target. So for me to be on the group that made All-Pro, it's a big deal to me. There's a lot of guys that had better numbers than me.

"I was surprised. I was happy to make it, but I was surprised."

DT isn't trying to fool anyone. He's aware Manning turns Pro Bowlers into All-Pros.

Has he left a note in Peyton's locker to request another five years from the ultimate quarterback?

"I wish he would play five more years, man. I'm blessed just to have him for this long. I appreciate him," Thomas said. "At this point, the main thing for him is to win another Super Bowl. That's what we want to do for him."

Here's the kicker: DT is still on his rookie contract.

"Yes, I am," he said, knowing the next question. "I am

Read more at http://gazette.com/klee-humility-lea...rticle/1512229
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote