The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2016, 03:51 AM   #1
spiralism
Facta Non Verba

You mad bro?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Demarcus Ware
Default With apologies to Gary Kubiak

I'm gonna take my lumps here and go right out and admit that i called for his head earlier in the year, especially after the ugly collapse @ Pittsburgh and posted to that effect. My bad, and never been so happy to have egg on my face. I apologise unreservedly.

He's come in to the hottest seat in the league and only gone and won us a ****ing title. Not only that but every key decision he got right, he somehow won a super bowl with historically bad qb play from a SB champion, combined with an offensive line that couldn't block a starved orphan from a dinner table most of the time (Michael Schofield now has a ring ffs). Hell of an achievement. The way this team stuck with it and ground out so many tight games, yet had our most convincing win in the ****ing super bowl, it speaks volumes. The past coaching staff would have lost most of those games and we wouldn't have sniffed far north of 8-8. This team...well, kicking and ****ing screaming.

So here's to you Gary Kubiak. Denver loves you more than you will know.
spiralism is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2016, 03:53 AM   #2
Doggcow
He gimpy

But he doin alright now

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Same. I wanted his head
Doggcow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:11 AM   #3
uplink
Ring of Famer

Why did they say kubes was 1st coach to win SB with team he played for? what about Ditka?
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:56 AM   #4
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
Why did they say kubes was 1st coach to win SB with team he played for? what about Ditka?
Ditka played for Dallas not Chicago.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:59 AM   #5
Gort
Rustler of Jimmies

This one's for Pat!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vernon Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
he played for Chicago too.

Last edited by Gort; 02-08-2016 at 07:01 AM..
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:00 AM   #6
uplink
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
He was drafted by the Bears and played for them, do a search.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:13 AM   #7
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trevor Siemian!

Dude, this is probably the worst offense ever to win a super bowl. No shame in admitting that. When you look at where we were 2 years ago compared to this, lol. I mean hell I have pride in admitting that because on the flip side it shows how amazing our defense was. They got almost nothing from our O and they still did it. This O has driven everyone insane all year but it doesn't matter. We're champs. And.....

THIS ONES FOR PAT!!!!!!!!!
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:28 AM   #8
BoiseBluTurf
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He is the first to play in a suberbowl and win as a coach with the same team.
BoiseBluTurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:35 AM   #9
spiralism
Facta Non Verba

You mad bro?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Demarcus Ware

Quote:
And Flores. He became the first to reach a superbowl with a team as a player though and later win as a coach.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:36 AM   #10
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

People who wanted Kubiak out were only judging based on a single criteria, the ineffective offense.

He deserves critiques there, but as a HC with all the other things he has to manage and the leadership for the team, Kubiak hit it out of the park. I'm glad to have him and look forward getting his offense woes sorted.

We didn't have any Fox led Super Bowl week behaviour melt downs, for one. Also not tweets before the Super Bowl about his availabilty should Denver lose.

Now look what you did. Got me all hot and bothered about John Fox. F you Fox. F U.
Atwater His Ass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:39 AM   #11
spiralism
Facta Non Verba

You mad bro?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Demarcus Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
People who wanted Kubiak out were only judging based on a single criteria, the ineffective offense.

He deserves critiques there, but as a HC with all the other things he has to manage and the leadership for the team, Kubiak hit it out of the park. I'm glad to have him and look forward getting his offense woes sorted.

We didn't have any Fox led Super Bowl week behaviour melt downs, for one. Also not tweets before the Super Bowl about his availabilty should Denver lose.

Now look what you did. Got me all hot and bothered about John Fox. F you Fox. F U.
Well that and a couple of ugly defeats. I think the pittsburgh game raised a lot of bad memories of **** that happened under Fox. Guess you can't wash off all of his stink in one season.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:46 AM   #12
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
People who wanted Kubiak out were only judging based on a single criteria, the ineffective offense

I am now convinced they knew they couldn't do much at all with Manning. Some of these gameplans simply admitted that. Nobody is that bad when using all elements of an offense, surely they can't be can they? Next year we will have a better measuring stick of what to expect on the offensive side.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:51 AM   #13
Paladin
Ring of Famer

I have to give a modicum of kudos to Kubiak. While I appreciate his steadfastness in supporting Manning and staying with the Plan A, and so on, I am not overwhelmingly impressed with his in-game play calling. I think it devolves into what I call "Prevent Offense." There is truth in that the O-line did not afford Manning much time to do anything, but I also think the play calling/selection digressed during the game., I mean "Hillman for a loss" running plays are just about the more mind numbing calls I think anyone could/would make.

I credit Wade and Kollar for the D. I think the D coaches were among the best group of coaches assembled this year. I also credit the ST coach who was skewered hereon a number of times. There were a number of reasons why the D was so dominant, but Kubiak was not one of them except to stay the h3ll away.

I would not kick him under the bus. But I think he needs to learn to find O-linemen who can play together, and learn how to call plays that fit the situation better. Wade saved his arse.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:56 AM   #14
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I am now convinced they knew they couldn't do much at all with Manning. Some of these gameplans simply admitted that. Nobody is that bad when using all elements of an offense, surely they can't be can they? Next year we will have a better measuring stick of what to expect on the offensive side.
I agree and Kubiak said as much in a press conference. That's why we just ran 3 times with 6 mins or so left in the 4th, among everything else. Confidence in the defense to stop Carolina and really, who could blame him at that point?

But Kubiak and Elway really need to fix the OL. Absolutely top priority this off-season for me, even more than taking care of the defense FA's (outside of Von, but that's a no brainer).
Atwater His Ass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:01 AM   #15
Broncoandrew
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I'm going to wait a year before passing judgment on Kubiak. The defense was monstrously good, and the offense almost as monstrously bad. Granted, there were a bunch of situations outside of his control, but I want to see a decent offense before I crown him the future of the franchise.

But WTF do I know? We just won the SB!
Broncoandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:09 AM   #16
Smiling Assassin27
Tupac In Coachella

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DT 88

Kubiak can stay as long as he wants....and will never have to buy a drink in Denver again.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:11 AM   #17
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I gave him some heat too. Amazing job working with what we had to work with.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:16 AM   #18
enjolras
Ring of Famer

According to Wikipedia:

Quote:
Thomas Raymond Flores (born March 21, 1937) is an American former professional football coach and player.

Flores and Mike Ditka are the only people in National Football League history to win a Super Bowl as a player, assistant coach and head coach (Super Bowl IV as a player for the Chiefs, Super Bowl XI as an assistant coach of the Raiders, and Super Bowls XV and XVIII as head coach of the Raiders). Flores was also the first Hispanic starting quarterback[1] and the first minority head coach in professional football history to win a Super Bowl.[2]
That now needs an edit
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:21 AM   #19
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Maybe b/c Ditka won an NFL championship as a player and a SB as a coach?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:22 AM   #20
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
According to Wikipedia:

That now needs an edit
Kubiak won as a player?
Old 02-08-2016, 11:30 AM   #21
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Evan Mathis

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Well that and a couple of ugly defeats. I think the pittsburgh game raised a lot of bad memories of **** that happened under Fox. Guess you can't wash off all of his stink in one season.
I still can't understand why some fans can't understand what Kubes was doing all year, and especially in the playoffs. He knew he had a world class defense and very good ST's to go along with a broken offense that he couldn't fix during the season.

He milked the best part of the team for all its worth, and just wanted the offense to not lose a game for them. It worked all the way to the Championship. That is what great coaching is supposed to do.

One more thing, you admit that you were pissed at him for the Pittsburgh game. To be fair, you were not alone in blaming that loss on Kubiak. Something about 2nd half adjustments, I am sure. Did it ever occur to you that it was not Kubes that had no 2nd half adjustments, but rather it was Brock that couldn't adjust. The defense that Brock saw in the 2nd half was the same defense that Peyton saw all game in the playoffs. Also, the Broncos defense had no answer for AB and the other receivers in that same half, and they are equally to blame, IMO.

All that said, I applaud you for eating crow. Kudos.
R8R H8R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 12:09 PM   #22
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
I still can't understand why some fans can't understand what Kubes was doing all year, and especially in the playoffs. He knew he had a world class defense and very good ST's to go along with a broken offense that he couldn't fix during the season.

He milked the best part of the team for all its worth, and just wanted the offense to not lose a game for them. It worked all the way to the Championship. That is what great coaching is supposed to do.

One more thing, you admit that you were pissed at him for the Pittsburgh game. To be fair, you were not alone in blaming that loss on Kubiak. Something about 2nd half adjustments, I am sure. Did it ever occur to you that it was not Kubes that had no 2nd half adjustments,but rather it was Brock that couldn't adjust. The defense that Brock saw in the 2nd half was the same defense that Peyton saw all game in the playoffs. Also, the Broncos defense had no answer for AB and the other receivers in that same half, and they are equally to blame, IMO.

All that said, I applaud you for eating crow. Kudos.

But Patriots/Bengals games proves he could. He had to come back with game winning drives in several possesions during those games. That steelers game wasn't as bad as the Raiders game. Mannings offense failed to score one TD against the Raiders, and Brocks offense failed to score one TD also.. 2 different QBs against the same Raider defense. Some of that was playcalling.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:17 PM   #23
Rohirrim
Partisan

Turtles All the Way Down

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett

He knew that PM didn't have it anymore and that he'd have to win with the D and the run. He knew it, and then he stuck with it. That took discipline. That was mental toughness.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 12:25 PM   #24
Cito Pelon
Happy

Happy dog at the Divide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Werewolves

I was getting furious with Kubiak for not going uptempo offense in the second half yesterday. They went uptempo no huddle for two plays, drove the ball with Sanders killing the Panther D for long first downs and got a Unsportsmanlike penalty.

Then back into the shell, killing momentum.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 12:38 PM   #25
TimHippo
TheOrangeFanaticFrameJob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Terrell Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
he played for Chicago too.

Technically, Ditka won an NFL championship in 1963 with the Bears. (Before the NFL had the Super Bowl). Then Ditka won a Super Bowl with Dallas as a player and then as an assistant coach before winning it in 1985 with the Bears.

So technically they are correct on Kubiak because Ditka's 1963 title isn't a Super Bowl even though it's the equivalent of the Super Bowl.
TimHippo is offline   Reply With Quote