The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,776

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default Moon Walk Trivia

IN CASE YOU DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW, THIS IS A LITTLE TIDBIT OF TRIVIA.
ON JULY 20, 1969, AS COMMANDER OF THE APOLLO 11 LUNAR MODULE,
NEIL ARMSTRONG WAS THE FIRST PERSON TO SET FOOT ON THE MOON.

HIS FIRST WORDS AFTER STEPPING ON THE MOON WERE,
"THAT'S ONE SMALL STEP FOR MAN, ONE GIANT LEAP FOR MANKIND,"
AND THEY WERE TELEVISED TO EARTH.

BUT JUST BEFORE HE RE-ENTERED THE LANDER, HE MADE THE ENIGMATIC REMARK,
"GOOD LUCK, MR.GORSKY".

MANY PEOPLE AT NASA THOUGHT THAT IT WAS A CASUAL REMARK CONCERNING SOME
RIVAL SOVIET COSMONAUT.

HOWEVER, UPON CHECKING, THERE WAS NO GORSKY
IN EITHER THE RUSSIAN OR AMERICAN SPACE PROGRAMS.

OVER THE YEARS, MANY PEOPLE QUESTIONED ARMSTRONG AS TO WHAT THE
'GOOD LUCK, MR. GORSKY' STATEMENT MEANT. BUT ARMSTRONG ALWAYS JUST SMILED.

ON JULY 5, 1995, IN TAMPA BAY, FLORIDA, WHILE ANSWERING QUESTIONS FOLLOWING A SPEECH,
A REPORTER BROUGHT UP THE 26 YEAR-OLD QUESTION TO ARMSTRONG.
THIS TIME HE FINALLY RESPONDED. MR. GORSKY HAD DIED, SO NEIL ARMSTRONG FELT THAT HE COULD NOW
ANSWER THE QUESTION.

IN 1938, WHEN HE WAS A KID IN A SMALL MID WESTERN TOWN ,
HE WAS PLAYING BASEBALL WITH A FRIEND IN THE BACK YARD.

HIS FRIEND HIT THE BALL, WHICH LANDED IN HIS NEIGHBOR'S YARD BY THEIR BEDROOM WINDOW.
HIS NEIGHBORS WERE MR. AND MRS. GORSKY.
AS HE LEANED DOWN TO PICK UP THE BALL, YOUNG ARMSTRONG HEARD MRS. GORSKY SHOUTING AT MR. GORSKY

"SEX! YOU WANT SEX?! YOU'LL GET SEX WHEN THE KID NEXT DOOR WALKS ON THE MOON!

TRUE STORY......IT BROKE THE PLACE UP!
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
IN CASE YOU DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW, THIS IS A LITTLE TIDBIT OF TRIVIA.
ON JULY 20, 1969, AS COMMANDER OF THE APOLLO 11 LUNAR MODULE,
NEIL ARMSTRONG WAS THE FIRST PERSON TO SET FOOT ON THE MOON.

HIS FIRST WORDS AFTER STEPPING ON THE MOON WERE,
"THAT'S ONE SMALL STEP FOR MAN, ONE GIANT LEAP FOR MANKIND,"
AND THEY WERE TELEVISED TO EARTH.

BUT JUST BEFORE HE RE-ENTERED THE LANDER, HE MADE THE ENIGMATIC REMARK,
"GOOD LUCK, MR.GORSKY".

MANY PEOPLE AT NASA THOUGHT THAT IT WAS A CASUAL REMARK CONCERNING SOME
RIVAL SOVIET COSMONAUT.

HOWEVER, UPON CHECKING, THERE WAS NO GORSKY
IN EITHER THE RUSSIAN OR AMERICAN SPACE PROGRAMS.

OVER THE YEARS, MANY PEOPLE QUESTIONED ARMSTRONG AS TO WHAT THE
'GOOD LUCK, MR. GORSKY' STATEMENT MEANT. BUT ARMSTRONG ALWAYS JUST SMILED.

ON JULY 5, 1995, IN TAMPA BAY, FLORIDA, WHILE ANSWERING QUESTIONS FOLLOWING A SPEECH,
A REPORTER BROUGHT UP THE 26 YEAR-OLD QUESTION TO ARMSTRONG.
THIS TIME HE FINALLY RESPONDED. MR. GORSKY HAD DIED, SO NEIL ARMSTRONG FELT THAT HE COULD NOW
ANSWER THE QUESTION.

IN 1938, WHEN HE WAS A KID IN A SMALL MID WESTERN TOWN ,
HE WAS PLAYING BASEBALL WITH A FRIEND IN THE BACK YARD.

HIS FRIEND HIT THE BALL, WHICH LANDED IN HIS NEIGHBOR'S YARD BY THEIR BEDROOM WINDOW.
HIS NEIGHBORS WERE MR. AND MRS. GORSKY.
AS HE LEANED DOWN TO PICK UP THE BALL, YOUNG ARMSTRONG HEARD MRS. GORSKY SHOUTING AT MR. GORSKY

"SEX! YOU WANT SEX?! YOU'LL GET SEX WHEN THE KID NEXT DOOR WALKS ON THE MOON!

TRUE STORY......IT BROKE THE PLACE UP!
but I'm not sure you needed to scream at everyone.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #3
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
IN CASE YOU DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW, THIS IS A LITTLE TIDBIT OF TRIVIA.
ON JULY 20, 1969, AS COMMANDER OF THE APOLLO 11 LUNAR MODULE,
NEIL ARMSTRONG WAS THE FIRST PERSON TO SET FOOT ON THE MOON.

HIS FIRST WORDS AFTER STEPPING ON THE MOON WERE,
"THAT'S ONE SMALL STEP FOR MAN, ONE GIANT LEAP FOR MANKIND,"
AND THEY WERE TELEVISED TO EARTH.

BUT JUST BEFORE HE RE-ENTERED THE LANDER, HE MADE THE ENIGMATIC REMARK,
"GOOD LUCK, MR.GORSKY".

MANY PEOPLE AT NASA THOUGHT THAT IT WAS A CASUAL REMARK CONCERNING SOME
RIVAL SOVIET COSMONAUT.

HOWEVER, UPON CHECKING, THERE WAS NO GORSKY
IN EITHER THE RUSSIAN OR AMERICAN SPACE PROGRAMS.

OVER THE YEARS, MANY PEOPLE QUESTIONED ARMSTRONG AS TO WHAT THE
'GOOD LUCK, MR. GORSKY' STATEMENT MEANT. BUT ARMSTRONG ALWAYS JUST SMILED.

ON JULY 5, 1995, IN TAMPA BAY, FLORIDA, WHILE ANSWERING QUESTIONS FOLLOWING A SPEECH,
A REPORTER BROUGHT UP THE 26 YEAR-OLD QUESTION TO ARMSTRONG.
THIS TIME HE FINALLY RESPONDED. MR. GORSKY HAD DIED, SO NEIL ARMSTRONG FELT THAT HE COULD NOW
ANSWER THE QUESTION.

IN 1938, WHEN HE WAS A KID IN A SMALL MID WESTERN TOWN ,
HE WAS PLAYING BASEBALL WITH A FRIEND IN THE BACK YARD.

HIS FRIEND HIT THE BALL, WHICH LANDED IN HIS NEIGHBOR'S YARD BY THEIR BEDROOM WINDOW.
HIS NEIGHBORS WERE MR. AND MRS. GORSKY.
AS HE LEANED DOWN TO PICK UP THE BALL, YOUNG ARMSTRONG HEARD MRS. GORSKY SHOUTING AT MR. GORSKY

"SEX! YOU WANT SEX?! YOU'LL GET SEX WHEN THE KID NEXT DOOR WALKS ON THE MOON!

TRUE STORY......IT BROKE THE PLACE UP!
Broncosteven approves of this message.

This message brought to you by the National Gene Kranz Fanatics Book Club.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,776

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone13 View Post
but I'm not sure you needed to scream at everyone.
I got that in an email with the caps. Damned if I was going to retype all that.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #5
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

I think the moral of the story is that Neil Armstrong sucked as a pitcher.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #6
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,776

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
I think the moral of the story is that Neil Armstrong sucked as a pitcher.
Sounds like Mr. Gorsky did as well.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #7
orinjkrush
...
 
orinjkrush's Avatar
 
Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: FrontRangeAbove8500ft
Posts: 5,134

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland
Default

cool story. thanks.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #8
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I got that in an email with the caps. Damned if I was going to retype all that.
Is there an actual interview "link" to that story being valid? I would hate to forward it on, on "Baja" alone
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #9
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,776

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone13 View Post
Is there an actual interview "link" to that story being valid? I would hate to forward it on, on "Baja" alone
Nope no link.

My suggestion, if you don't like (or trust) my threads don't open them.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #10
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 5,202

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Nope no link.

My suggestion, if you don't like (or trust) my threads don't open them.
It's a great story even if its not true...but I bet it is....
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #11
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,776

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
It's a great story even if its not true...but I bet it is....
That's what I thought.

I don't get all the back biting.

This place seems to have lost it's sense of humor.

It's a great story, nuff said.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #12
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/mrgorsky.asp

Still a funny story.

Gene Kranz still approves.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #13
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Well, Baja is a ****ing liar. Funny liar but still a ****ing liar.

Before you attack me Baja, I thought this thread was about the origin of the "moon walk" dance since it is coming up on Michael Jackson's 2nd (or 3rd year) death day. Boy, I am disappointed.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:25 PM   #14
Cmac821
Harden by loss
 
Cmac821's Avatar
 
Can't wait for next year

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Southern Los Angeles
Posts: 1,161

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fox Mulder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Well, Baja is a ****ing liar. Funny liar but still a ****ing liar.

Before you attack me Baja, I thought this thread was about the origin of the "moon walk" dance since it is coming up on Michael Jackson's 2nd (or 3rd year) death day. Boy, I am disappointed.
with you on that one
Cmac821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:26 PM   #15
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,776

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Well, Baja is a ****ing liar. Funny liar but still a ****ing liar.

Before you attack me Baja, I thought this thread was about the origin of the "moon walk" dance since it is coming up on Michael Jackson's 2nd (or 3rd year) death day. Boy, I am disappointed.
Isn't it just like you to turn a simple feel good thread into moral judgment.

I never said if it was true or false because It didn't matter. There was a day when a good story was just a good story.

Glad I don't live in your world of judgment. You must not have much fun.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:36 PM   #16
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,445

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Most people (including me) enjoyed the joke, Baja. I don't think "everyone" is bent out of shape about it. Just ignore those who didn't like it. You can't please everyone.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #17
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,776

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Most people (including me) enjoyed the joke, Baja. I don't think "everyone" is bent out of shape about it. Just ignore those who didn't like it. You can't please everyone.
True that


But a fellow gets tired of being called a lier, traitor, coward and all the other crap I get here from a select few. Just sayin.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:53 AM   #18
BlueCrusher
Bowlen's drinking buddy
 
BlueCrusher's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Daytona Beach
Posts: 180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers
Default

Funny story regardless. Have to admit I thought it was about MJ too...
BlueCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #19
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,619
Default

__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:37 AM   #20
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride
 
For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,253

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
I think the moral of the story is that Neil Armstrong sucked as a pitcher.
Not too good as coach of the Bears, either.
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #21
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Please feel free to continue passing all the silly forwards you receive along to us in the form of new threads, baja.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #22
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,776

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Please feel free to continue passing all the silly forwards you receive along to us in the form of new threads, baja.
Lots of people enjoyed the story.

The fact that you did not suggests you are a humorless anti American.


Note; this post has about as much value as yours does.

Try the ignore feature. You will never be subjected to another post from be.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:19 AM   #23
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,619
Default

So choosing to make fun of you makes Shananahan "anti-American"?

That's... retarded.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #24
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,776

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
So choosing to make fun of you makes Shananahan "anti-American"?

That's... retarded.
Do you suppose that is why I said my post was as ridiculous as his?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #25
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Do you suppose that is why I said my post was as ridiculous as his?
I'd say yours was more ridiculous, but let's not split hairs.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:19 AM.


Denver Broncos