The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #476
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
Our division tiles say otherwise

Looking at what both teams have done the past 10 years since 2002. AFC title trumps AFC west title.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #477
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacillus Anthracis View Post
It can't be helped that you didn't follow the conversation

We may not have been to the playoffs but we've kicked your ass four out of the last 5 games. So if we suck that badly then you guys suck even worse.
nope, you suck worse, sorry. The Broncos have at least won a couple of playoff games since 2002. It's not much but it beats the utter crappiness of the faider's franchise.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #478
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

We may not have been to the playoffs but we've kicked your ass four out of the last 5 games. So if we suck that badly then you guys suck even worse.
Theres a spin to this. 2 of the games a total of 4 points decided them. Hardly ass kicking. As for the record of 4 of the last 5(noticed you left off a broncos win to make it a full 3 seasons) I claim the McDummy effect. Unlike years and years of bad coaching/FO, we only had to deal with 4-12 disasters for as long as McD was here.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #479
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:

The ONLY reason you didn't get swept last season.......

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #480
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
Uh....no. Reaching the playoffs 4 times is not an accomplishment of any great significance.
Big difference between the yrs Broncos have had and the 4-12 type seasons Raiders have had. Then if you want to go a little further back at least we have some rings in the last 15 yrs or so. What has it been for Oakland now? over 30 yrs? I'd say that is a pretty big difference.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #481
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Simply put, Raiders went from SB runner ups to the worst team since then. Does another team in NFL franchise come even close to how bad a team falls from being Champion or Runner up and then suck for a decade?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #482
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Big difference between the yrs Broncos have had and the 4-12 type seasons Raiders have had. Then if you want to go a little further back at least we have some rings in the last 15 yrs or so. What has it been for Oakland now? over 30 yrs? I'd say that is a pretty big difference.
I am refering to the past 10 years because that is what a donkey fan has brought up. Even with those horrible years the Raiders had, the Raiders still have an AFC championship. I am just keeping with the, "what have the Raiders done these past 10 years" arguement . The Broncos have nothing of great significance to show for these past 10 years......ZERO.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #483
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
I am refering to the past 10 years because that is what a donkey fan has brought up. Even with those horrible years the Raiders had, the Raiders still have an AFC championship. I am just keeping with the, "what have the Raiders done these past 10 years" arguement . The Broncos have nothing of great significance to show for these past 10 years......ZERO.
I agree neither team has done crap.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #484
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
whatever. You are talking about a win that is on the outter edge of 10 years ago, right? So to even say the AFC Championship win was within the last 10 years is somewhat generous. We are on the downside of 2012 and as you full well know, the NFL season plays into the following year so really, this is the 2012-13 season. Your big win happened during the 2001-2002 season.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #485
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
whatever. You are talking about a win that is on the outter edge of 10 years ago, right? So to even say the AFC Championship win was within the last 10 years is somewhat generous. We are on the downside of 2012 and as you full well know, the NFL season plays into the following year so really, this is the 2012-13 season. Your big win happened during the 2001-2002 season.
LMAO....now your making excuses and technicalities.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #486
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
LMAO....now your making excuses and technicalities.
just stating the facts. Like I said, outter edge of 10 years. The Broncos have legitimately won some playoff games within the borders of the last 10 years. You are scraping the bottom of the barrel to even claim you have won jack crap within the last 10 years as your last playoff team was from the 2001-2002 season. But again, WHATEVER.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #487
Fight_On!

Quote:
just stating the facts. Like I said, outter edge of 10 years. The Broncos have legitimately won some playoff games within the borders of the last 10 years. You are scraping the bottom of the barrel to even claim you have won jack crap within the last 10 years as your last playoff team was from the 2001-2002 season. But again, WHATEVER.
The argument just blew up in Donkeys fan face.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #488
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:

Nice spin

The big difference is the Broncos lead the league with only six losing seasons in the last 35 while oakland set an NFL record for futility by not having a winning record in nine straight seasons, including seven seasons with at least eleven losses, an NFL record.

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #489
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
The argument just blew up in Donkeys fan face.
doesn't really matter, we'll see how this season goes.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #490
Fight_On!

Quote:
doesn't really matter, we'll see how this season goes.
Can't wait
Old 09-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #491
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Unless you win the Superbowl you didn't do crap. That is the NFL. But that is for the good teams. When you fall to as bad as Oakland has got people stop judging you by Superbowls, and just say damn get to the playoffs again.

Raiders are not as talented as Denver and it will show this yr. They have McFadden, and a couple nice defensive players.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #492
Fight_On!

Quote:
Unless you win the Superbowl you didn't do crap. That is the NFL. But that is for the good teams. When you fall to as bad as Oakland has got people stop judging you by Superbowls, and just say damn get to the playoffs again.

Raiders are not as talented as Denver and it will show this yr. They have McFadden, and a couple nice defensive players.
I just find funny that a donkey fan would go through all that trouble to bag on the Raiders....make a digital banner....yet Denver hasn't done **** either in those 10yrs. I agree with your SB statement.

I can't wait for the season to start.....btw the Broncos are 1 Manning injury away from their season going to ****.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #493
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

Quote:

Looking at what both teams have done the past 10 years since 2002. AFC title trumps AFC west title.
?
I obviously was not referring to that year, even the other Raider fan knew that (which is why he referenced your team not having won a playoff game)

That is what "like 10 years" ago means
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #494
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
I just find funny that a donkey fan would go through all that trouble to bag on the Raiders....make a digital banner....yet Denver hasn't done **** either in those 10yrs. I agree with your SB statement.

I can't wait for the season to start.....btw the Broncos are 1 Manning injury away from their season going to ****.
Because the Broncos actually make playoffs the NFL world says hey they didn't do ****, the didn't win the Superbowl. But.....you are in the conversation.

For teams like the Raiders people who follow the NFL don't even say that. They say make the friggin playoffs and stop being a laughingstock.

There is a big different between being relevant, and not being relevant.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #495
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Also all the good teams are 1 QB injury away from the season being ruined. Manning is no different.

Also coming from a team that can't win without Mcfadden, when he has never stayed healthy, is pretty amusing. There is a better chance McFdadden goes down, no Bush this yr, Raiders running game goes south and your yr is over.

Also Palmer one hit to his knee from being done.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #496
Fight_On!

Quote:
Because the Broncos actually make playoffs the NFL world says hey they didn't do ****, the didn't win the Superbowl. But.....you are in the conversation.

For teams like the Raiders people who follow the NFL don't even say that. They say make the friggin playoffs and stop being a laughingstock.

There is a big different between being relevant, and not being relevant.
Back peddling....
Old 09-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #497
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
?
I obviously was not referring to that year, even the other Raider fan knew that (which is why he referenced your team not having won a playoff game)

That is what "like 10 years" ago means
Back peddling....
Old 09-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #498
Fight_On!

Quote:
Also all the good teams are 1 QB injury away from the season being ruined. Manning is no different.

Also coming from a team that can't win without Mcfadden, when he has never stayed healthy, is pretty amusing. There is a better chance McFdadden goes down, no Bush this yr, Raiders running game goes south and your yr is over.

Also Palmer one hit to his knee from being done.
I'm not afraid to admit that there is truth to that statement about DMC. If Palmer goes down, there is Lienert....not a great option but who the hell do the Donkey's have after noodle neck?
Old 09-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #499
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:

Btw, the Raiders are 1 Run DMC injury away from sucking even worse.

You can keep the QB, if he doesn't improve from last year or looks like the Broncos Cutler like preseason, you guys are ****ed.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #500
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Btw, the Raiders are 1 Run DMC injury away from sucking even worse.

You can keep the QB, if he doesn't improve from last year or looks like the Broncos Cutler like preseason, you guys are ****ed.
Man I can't wait....is it Monday yet!?