The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2016, 08:13 PM   #1
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default Players frustrated with conservative offense too...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...d-more-offense

Quoted DT, Emmanuel and CJ
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2016, 08:15 PM   #2
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

Lulz it's like they don't even realize who they have at quarterback. This is shades of Dez throwing at tantrum for dak not targeting him eleventy billion times.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:16 PM   #3
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer

RIP Mr. Hockey

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

"Nah, man, they're wideouts," Talib said. "Man, that's what wideouts do. They don't eat, they get mad. They're gonna have games when they eat, and they're gonna have games when they don't eat. As long as we get the Ws, man ... they'll be alright tonight."

I wanna smack the guy sometimes but I do love him.

He's gotta way with words.
ShiftyEyedWaterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:17 PM   #4
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Booker

What's wrong with what they are saying? I'm glad they aren't content. Their words mirror the fans when it comes to drives stalling.

If the offense gets rolling this is the best team in the NFL.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:19 PM   #5
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

I agree with them. We have not had good QB play all of last year, this years 2 games, and the last 3-4 games of 2014.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:21 PM   #6
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer

RIP Mr. Hockey

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebures View Post
I agree with them. We have not had good QB play all of last year, this years 2 games, and the last 3-4 games of 2014.
Meh, Trevor hasn't lit it up, but he's looked pretty good considering he's only had two starts. He certainly hasn't looked terrible.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:21 PM   #7
Powderaddict
Saw Lady Gaga

Sissies Ite Domum!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

They need to clean a few things up for sure. Short yardage blocking, and TOs are the biggest issue IMO.

As long as Siemian continues to improve they'll get there. If he doesn't, Lynch will get a chance.

The O has improved over last year, particularly on the OL. They need to continue in that direction.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:23 PM   #8
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy View Post
Meh, Trevor hasn't lit it up, but he's looked pretty good considering he's had two starts. He certainly hasn't looked terrible.
And has had some really nice throws. Including two great 4th quarter jobs to help win games. In his first two starts. Maybe he never improves, but he's got an intriguing skill set to work with, and despite what some here say, hasn't made a ton of mistakes
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:24 PM   #9
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Did I miss the quotes where they actually said they're frustrated with the conservative offense? That makes it sound like they feel they're being stifled, or held back. What I read is that they're dissatisfied with their inability to close out drives, once they get in the red zone.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:24 PM   #10
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
And has had some really nice throws. Including two great 4th quarter jobs to help win games. In his first two starts. Maybe he never improves, but he's got an intriguing skill set to work with, and despite what some here say, hasn't made a ton of mistakes
3 turnovers inside the opponents 30 yard line, but ok?
Old 09-18-2016, 08:24 PM   #11
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer

RIP Mr. Hockey

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

Quote:
Yep. I'm curious to see what he can do with a little more experience. Especially if the o-line gives him some good blocking and Kubes eases up on the reins a little.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:25 PM   #12
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
"Nah, man, they're wideouts," Talib said. "Man, that's what wideouts do. They don't eat, they get mad. They're gonna have games when they eat, and they're gonna have games when they don't eat. As long as we get the Ws, man ... they'll be alright tonight."

I wanna smack the guy sometimes but I do love him.

He's gotta way with words.
Agreed, it's also true as hell. With that said, they are not wrong. They realize that relying on the defense for every game will be tough.

The offense doesn't want to feel like 2nd class citizens. They want to help carry the load.

It's frustrating for the players to know how good they are and not be able to show it fully.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:25 PM   #13
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Did I miss the quotes where they actually said they're frustrated with the conservative offense? That makes it sound like they feel they're being stifled, or held back. What I read is that they're dissatisfied with their inability to close out drives, once they get in the red zone.
they cant come out and say.....our offense sucks....that would be mutiny. They obviously arent happy. Their quotes about the number of catches they have is directly related to the conservative offense.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:26 PM   #14
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer

RIP Mr. Hockey

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

Quote:
I'd say only one of those was really his fault. What do you expect from a QB in his first two games?
Old 09-18-2016, 08:32 PM   #15
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
I'd say only one of those was really his fault. What do you expect from a QB in his first two games?
2 were his for sure. The bubble screen and the RB screen. He got hit on one against carolina that caused him to under throw.

A lot of QBs have done better in their first games. Dak prescott for one, russell wilson when he first started, Jimmy G looked pretty good this year starting too.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:32 PM   #16
BroncoFox
Cheervixen

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

If you don't give a rookie QB the chance to prove himself, he never will.

Kubiak is ultra conservative.. our offense has been stagnant through 3 QBs, different RBs.. an improved line.. at some point you have to wonder if it's all your players, or the coaching. At this point, I'd say.. it's the coaching. Stop being so stupid with the "run run pass.. run run pass" mentality. Pass on first down AND second down. Mix it up.

It's as if the offensive mindset is they ASSUME our defense has to win it, and so our offense plays within those confines. Kill time if possible.. run if it doesn't even make sense.. play safe safe safe at all times.. it is getting old.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:33 PM   #17
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Yeah because I'm sure a tiny sample size is indicative of a fatal flaw. Especially when two were good plays and at least the third was the right read
Old 09-18-2016, 08:34 PM   #18
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
CJ Anderson-
"I don't know if that's us being young, or getting used to a new quarterback (Trevor Siemian), or if it's play-calling, but we can all do better. If we keep relying on (the defense to win games), eventually it's gonna hurt us."
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:35 PM   #19
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
2 were his for sure. The bubble screen and the RB screen. He got hit on one against carolina that caused him to under throw.

A lot of QBs have done better in their first games. Dak prescott for one, russell wilson when he first started, Jimmy G looked pretty good this year starting too.
Ummm people woulda b****ed so hard at daks first game. Talk about dinking, dunking, ignoring your star, and, oh, losing
Old 09-18-2016, 08:36 PM   #20
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Ummm people woulda b****ed so hard at daks first game. Talk about dinking, dunking, ignoring your star, and, oh, losing
Dallas doesnt have a defense. Their entire D is suspended for smoking the cheeba.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:37 PM   #21
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer

RIP Mr. Hockey

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

Quote:

Most guys just starting aren't gonna see defenders like on his pick today.

And Prescott has a great o-line in front of him, Wilson is a pretty damn good QB, and New England looks good with just about anyone at QB. I'd say those guys are all exceptions to the rule. Dak hasn't exactly lit it up either.

Most guys drafted in the 7th making their second start aren't gonna light it up. A lot of people have unrealistic expectations for our O this season. Its not gonna turn it around over night.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:38 PM   #22
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Okung-
"It's understanding and seeing things in the very tightest space, and taking care of the ball. When we do that, we'll be unstoppable."

Sounds like a shot at Siemian. He has to understand where his receivers are when the defense blitzes. He missed Sanders twice on would-be touchdowns because he panicked.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:40 PM   #23
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
Okung-
"It's understanding and seeing things in the very tightest space, and taking care of the ball. When we do that, we'll be unstoppable."

Sounds like a shot at Siemian. He has to understand where his receivers are when the defense blitzes. He missed Sanders twice on would-be touchdowns because he panicked.
Great let's give him more than 2 games

Also didn't sound like much of a shot
Old 09-18-2016, 08:42 PM   #24
anon
Pro Bowler

Was out all day... came here first and just from reading thread headlines thought we had lost. And then I googled the score.

I guess the win-loss virus has affected the team as well. haha
anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:45 PM   #25
MileHighMagic
✝ Proverbs 3:5-6 ✝

"Get my pies outta the oven."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
🎯#13

What do you say to ultra-competitive stars that are capable of taking over games by themselves, upset they're not given more opportunities to do their thing out there? Sorry? Winning is the ultimate goal. Yes, you're going to play second fiddle to a unit that is incredibly dominant. We have a patchwork line and a raw, inexperienced QB. The HC is going to keep a leash on the offense unless the game dictates otherwise.
2-0
Best in the West
Cheers!

Last edited by MileHighMagic; 09-18-2016 at 08:50 PM..
MileHighMagic is offline   Reply With Quote