The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default Cops harassing you stories

In honor of Rodney King. Not that he was harrassed.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

**** the man
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
Cito Pelon

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

I have quite a few of 'em. Cops tend to be busybodies, just have to be by personality type. They want to stick their noses into every little thing.

I had a deputy pull me over for one license plate light out. Really? One license plate light out? The real problem was I was the lone vehicle in a local park late at night (was letting the Lab run around). Dude found it suspicious apparently, and the license plate light out was his excuse to check me out further, run my license and registration.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #4
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
I have quite a few of 'em. Cops tend to be busybodies, just have to be by personality type. They want to stick their noses into every little thing.

I had a deputy pull me over for one license plate light out. Really? One license plate light out? The real problem was I was the lone vehicle in a local park late at night (was letting the Lab run around). Dude found it suspicious apparently, and the license plate light out was his excuse to check me out further, run my license and registration.
Hate to break it to you, but a cops job is to enforce the laws. As gay as it may be, having a license plate light out is illegal.

The guy was just doing his job.
StugotsIII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #5
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:

Not sure that qualifies as harassment.

Most of my past harassment issues stem from noise complaints from neighbors while I was in college. Most were justified. One time there were 5 people in the house (6 people lived there) 4 roommates and 2 girlfriends. The cops tried to "break up the party". We explained there was no party. He only backed off when we said the girls were drinking and not safe to drive. They were staying the night anyways. The cops were total ***** about it. Especially since we were watching a movie and not causing a disturbance.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #6
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

There was this one time a girl cop came into my bedroom and arrested me....
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #7
Cito Pelon

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
Hate to break it to you, but a cops job is to enforce the laws. As gay as it may be, having a license plate light out is illegal.

The guy was just doing his job.
Actually, I think the guy was just bored. I don't mind cops doing their jobs, but sometimes they stick their noses in just because they can. This is a quiet neighborhood, and he had nothing to do but check me out because he had the power to do so.

Come on man, one license plate bulb out? There's one left and it's a reflective plate. But no, I had to sit there with this pricks lights on me in my own neighborhood while he spends 10 minutes checking my license and registration. And no ticket resulted? He was an OK guy expecially after my Lab lunged at him when he came to the window, but still.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #8
Cito Pelon

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

A couple months before that I had a deputy chase me down on Santa Fe. I knew the guy was after me for some reason. He pulls me over, says "I pulled you over to check your registration."

My registration was fine, but I don't argue, I show him the registration and insurance, I spend 10 minutes being lit up for everybody to see, and he comes back and says, "Thank you."

What? See, there was no reason to chase me down and pull me over. None at all. No ticket, no nothing except the deputy wanted to check my registration that was fine all along?
Old 06-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #9
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Sounds like you need to lay low for awhile
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #10
Cito Pelon

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Not sure that qualifies as harassment.

Most of my past harassment issues stem from noise complaints from neighbors while I was in college. Most were justified. One time there were 5 people in the house (6 people lived there) 4 roommates and 2 girlfriends. The cops tried to "break up the party". We explained there was no party. He only backed off when we said the girls were drinking and not safe to drive. They were staying the night anyways. The cops were total ***** about it. Especially since we were watching a movie and not causing a disturbance.
When I was in high school a pair of cops grabbed me just walking home from school. They said it was because I was "wearing gloves". In Denver? In winter? Put me through the wringer in the back of the car in handcuffs, questioning me about anything they could think of. Who do you know that steals cars? Who do you know that robs houses? Who do you know that deals drugs? Do you know this guy? Do you know that guy?
Old 06-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #11
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

For the most part cops are punks ....got a few good ones but those are few and far between
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:53 AM   #12
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
For the most part cops are punks ....got a few good ones but those are few and far between
You talkin bout rest stops?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #13
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Nah, man. I'm white. So... yeah.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #14
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

I got pulled over and was blamed for smoking doobies (never had in my life) because I was yawning and my eyes were red. I told the cop that I have been up more than 40 hours straight and it is 1:00 in the morning. So, I got out while he can do the big search of nothing and of course I was let go with the wrong way ticket only. I later see that he broke my ashtray without saying anything about it. Another time, when I was 23, I had a 3000GTVR4 Mitsubishi (yeah, money was good as a youngin) and was coming home from St. Patty's Day celebration and got pulled over for making a wide turn (no I didnt) and was suspected of being drunk. Only problem was that we couldnt get into the bar because of the line and I had a beer and a half at the Mexican restuarant next to it. Cop saw the cool car and wanted to score points getting it towed. The test was proof he was fool of **** and some real drunk was driving past us while he was being a douche. Oh, of course no ticket for the alleged wide turn.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #15
v2micca
Perennial Pro-bowler

I fortunately don't have any personal stories to share, but my brother got screwed over royally a few years back by a cop. A friend had called him up because their battery had died at two in the morning and they needed him to come give them a jump. The car was along the side of a one way road. When my brother reached his friends car, he had to turn his car around so they were facing and the jumper cables could reach. A cop comes along and tickets him for going the wrong way on a one-way road and won't let him jump his friend's car. Complete utter bullsh*t.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #16
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

I had a pending house sale to a cop. We were under contract but waiting to close. He decided to let himself and his friend in to show it off at 2am while on duty. Set the alarm off while I was operating so Im in the middle of a trauma surgery and the alarm company calls. Literally could do nothing about it while the circulating nurse is trying to relay messages to me. Told them to call the cops. He admitted to setting off the alarm because he "was looking for burglars in the area." That turned out to be a huge PITA and a very uncomfortable sale closing.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #17
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I had a pending house sale to a cop. We were under contract but waiting to close. He decided to let himself and his friend in to show it off at 2am while on duty. Set the alarm off while I was operating so Im in the middle of a trauma surgery and the alarm company calls. Literally could do nothing about it while the circulating nurse is trying to relay messages to me. Told them to call the cops. He admitted to setting off the alarm because he "was looking for burglars in the area." That turned out to be a huge PITA and a very uncomfortable sale closing.
.....I bet your old neighbors love their new neighbor.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #18
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I bet he had tattoos
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #19
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I bet he had tattoos
and grew up without a father.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #20
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

He had a tatoo that said "are you my daddy?"
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #21
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo

I once had a cop pull me over for speeding (which I was) and preceded to pull me and my two friends out of the car to individually put us down, question us on whether we or the others in the car had any "dope" and then searched the entire car.

I thought the whole thing was ridiculous (the backup cop who came to watch us so he could search my car confirmed the guy was a bit of a hard-on). I was annoyed by how long it was taking and became a whole lot less cooperative by the end of it but it was never anything serious.
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #22
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #23
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
You talkin bout rest stops?
Cant follow the thread ? .... Everyone says be nice to idiots so I will be nice dickhead
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #24
Powderaddict

I got pulled over doing 82 in a 35 on a motorcycle that wasn't even mine (A guy at a party let me take it out), I couldn't find the license or registration, I didn't even really know the owner's name.

Cop let me go.

Honestly, most of my experiences with the police have been generally pleasant. If I get pulled over it's usually for speeding, and that's my fault, not theirs.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #25
Bacchus

Quote:
In honor of Rodney King. Not that he was harrassed.
"Not that he was harrassed" They beat the **** out of that man!!!