The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #1
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default Peyton Manning's presnap maneuvers make him almost unsackable

Peyton Manning's presnap maneuvers make him almost unsackable

Quote:
"He just works at it really hard," Broncos coach John Fox said. "He's able to get in and out of plays based on what the defense does. Not all quarterbacks have that capability. He makes you show what you're doing. You try to disguise what you're doing, and he does such a good job with his cadence, with what he's doing to make you think the snap is about to come, you show what you're doing and he gets them into something else.

Read more: Peyton Manning's presnap maneuvers make him almost unsackable - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz1xsj2OYVb
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
Cmac821
Harden by loss

Can't wait for next year

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fox Mulder

Recently Madden has let you feel the wrath of Manning, no huddle and adjustments at the line. You can see it in the games when he goes three plays 30+ yards. Not only can he make them show the play it looks like it really slows down the momentum of the on coming rushers when the ball is snapped after they already crashed the line
Cmac821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

I haven't been this excited for an upcoming season in a long time!!
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Good thing cause all I heard all off season is how bad his neck is and how our OL couldn't block a tissue paper.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Good thing cause all I heard all off season is how bad his neck is and how our OL couldn't block a tissue paper.
This goes back to how at least half (I think more in many cases) of all sacks are on the QB. The mobile QB's get sacked more than the pocket passers. There is an art to it for sure.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #6
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This goes back to how at least half (I think more in many cases) of all sacks are on the QB. The mobile QB's get sacked more than the pocket passers. There is an art to it for sure.
In todays NFL pass protection and passing schemes have become so advanced and so timing based that pass rush is almost entirely negated as the primary force behind sacks. Today sacks happen mostly because of good coverage, miscommunication between blockers or between blockers and QB.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #7
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
In todays NFL pass protection and passing schemes have become so advanced and so timing based that pass rush is almost entirely negated as the primary force behind sacks. Today sacks happen mostly because of good coverage, miscommunication between blockers or between blockers and QB.
So when the Minnesota Vikings led the league in sacks last year, it had nothing to do with a stud like Jared Allen. It was really about the Purple's superb work in the secondary I heard so much about last December.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #8
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
So when the Minnesota Vikings led the league in sacks last year, it had nothing to do with a stud like Jared Allen. It was really about the Purple's superb work in the secondary I heard so much about last December.
Try to read an entire sentence before you try to formulate a response - it will save all of us some time and effort.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #9
R-Mac

Okay, just don't do this after the snap:

That was so Tebow.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #10
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Yea I hear the Broncos Rookie Von Miller was only a product of Champ Baileys success.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #11
Drunken.Broncoholic

I thought tebow was getting sacked cause the recievers couldn't seperate?
Old 06-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #12
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I thought tebow was getting sacked cause the recievers couldn't seperate?
And the offensive line is terrible.

And the play calling was bad.

And it was a conspiracy because John Elway was jealous.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #13
R-Mac

I think Tebow was victim of a terrible performance by the OL against the Patriots, he did not have a chance behind that OL, but overall he fails to find wide open receivers in the middle of the field. A well covered receiver in the eyes of Tebow is an open receiver in the eyes of Manning. And Tebow struggles to find anyone after the primary receiver while Manning can read the whole field.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #14
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
And the offensive line is terrible.

And the play calling was bad.

And it was a conspiracy because John Elway was jealous.
The defense should always hold after back to back to back to back 3 and outs.

Pat Bowlen is broke and as such deliberately wants to sabotage Timmy's passing numbers to avoid having to renegotiate his contract.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #15
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod-BR View Post
I think Tebow was victim of a terrible performance by the OL against the Patriots, he did not have a chance behind that OL, but overall he fails to find wide open receivers in the middle of the field. A well covered receiver in the eyes of Tebow is an open receiver in the eyes of Manning. And Tebow struggles to find anyone after the primary receiver while Manning can read the whole field.
I'm starting to be persuaded that Peyton Manning is a better quarterback than Tebow.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #16
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod-BR View Post
True, but compare 16 game Manning to 16 game Tebow and the picture changes somewhat. Manning found lots of receivers who weren't open at all in his first season starting. Which is why he led the league in picks.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #17
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I'm starting to be persuaded that Peyton Manning is a better quarterback than Tebow.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #18
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer

Tebow will get better, but there is a limit, and I don't think he'll ever be on par with any decent pocket QB. Will his scrambling make up the difference? Maybe to a point, as long as he doesn't get a leg snapped or other injuries. Tebow is a 3 month injury waiting to happen, every game he plays. Keep in mind he was hurt in the Patriot game. Except to see more of that during his career. Defensive players are just too big and too fast now for a QB to take them on head-to-head.

Manning is still a cut above, and still shake my head that anyone (*cough*MacGruder*cough*) would think that Tebow is a better QB. What a joke. Manning is a field general. I've always hated him for it. Now I'll love him for it. He can read defenses instantly, and change a play to best accommodate him. Or throws D's off by not changing the call, but seeming to. He has always been on the low end of the sack #s for good reason.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #19
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Hey Beavis....do you think Tebow is better than Manning?
Old 06-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #20
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
True, but compare 16 game Manning to 16 game Tebow and the picture changes somewhat. Manning found lots of receivers who weren't open at all in his first season starting. Which is why he led the league in picks.
You have to throw the ball to lead the league in picks. I swear Favre had seasons with more picks than Tebow does attempts.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #21
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Hey Beavis....do you think Tebow is better than Manning?
I think I've answered that question 10 times. Of course not. And as a passer, he never will be. But there's more to being a QB than passing.

I've also said repeatedly, had they kept Tebow, I'd have been on board. Or if Peyton was 30 instead of 36 (fresh off of a missed season)
Old 06-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #22
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
You have to throw the ball to lead the league in picks. I swear Favre had seasons with more picks than Tebow does attempts.
True. But the whole gameplan was built to avoid Tebow making mistakes (aka "developing")

But even if you look at INT%, Peyton damn near doubled Tebow's interceptions per throw through 16 games.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #23
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

I thought Beavis was strictly on a Jets board these days.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #24
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
True. But the whole gameplan was built to avoid Tebow making mistakes (aka "developing")

But even if you look at INT%, Peyton damn near doubled Tebow's interceptions per throw through 16 games.
He damn near doubled his completion percentage too. Tebow's few throws were usually equally uncatchable by both the offense and the defense.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #25
R-Mac

I've been a Tebow supporter even before he was drafted by the Broncos. I thought he could play QB in the NFL, and I still think he can. He is a better QB than Blaine Gabbert and Colin Kaepernick, for example. But it's easy to understand what Elway did when he had a chance to sign Peyton Manning. Between Tebow and Manning, the answer is obvious. Elway was not going to keep Tebow anyway, and now he has a legendary QB leading the team while Osweiler is under construction. Also, I can't support the idea that Tebow saved the season with his performance. Even because the Chargers saved the Broncos' season in week 17, like it or not.

I believe it was unfair to expect much from Tebow after few reps during camp (none with the starters) and today I can see Elway and McCoy never liked Tebow. He definitely was not their kind of player. But I was very disappointed with Tebow's lack of aggressiveness as a passer. He was throwing balls away, aiming at the turf to play safe. His fear of making mistakes made his accuracy look worse than it really is. Tebow hesitated too much with the ball in his hands. The Broncos defense allowed 15 or less points in 6 of Tebow's 11 games. The Broncos beat the Vikings without Adrian Peterson and the Bears without Jay Cutler and Matt Forte. It was not a convincing run to the playoffs.

The difference between Orton and Tebow? Orton was not taking care of the ball when McCoy was unleashing the passing game. Tebow changed the focus of the offense, he was taking care of the ball and McCoy started to coordinate a run-heavy offense. When Tebow also failed to take care of the ball, the Broncos lost. But I did not like to see Tebow playing afraid of turnovers, refusing to give his receivers a chance to make more plays. He should have shown more confidence in the pocket like he did when he had Brandon Lloyd in 2010. You play to score points. Try to make the play. That was my biggest problem with Tebow last season. He did not pull the trigger and his excessive caution often made him look really bad.

Peyton Manning will be a nice upgrade while he lasts (2 years? 3 years?). This story will continue after Manning retires. His successor will be compared to Tebow. Sometimes a Matt Flynn can take the job from a Brian Brohm, but we expect Osweiler to beat Adam Weber and prove he is the right starting QB for the team.