The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
bombay
Ring of Famer

Default New Doping Charges For Armstrong

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycli...ges/55582394/1

ruh-roh

Last edited by bombay; 06-13-2012 at 02:15 PM..
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

That sport is a total train wreck...
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
OrangeSe7en

It sounds like some bureaucrat is just trying to make a name for him/herself. Seriously, if the feds couldn't get him, then why would these guys think they have something? The only caveat I can think of, however, is if there's a possibility that these guys have less to prove than the feds do in court.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
ghwk
Ring of Famer

DOUBLE JESUS MUTHER EFFERS!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Be Smokin

Really, time to let it go.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
This.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

500 clean teats.
no real proof.
allegations come after closure of federal investigation.
the only thing accomplishes is it keep him from being a triathlete
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #7
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
I enjoy watching the Tour de France every year, I never paid attention before Lance retired but I got hooked watching the coverage and seeing the old chataues(?) by helicopter.

I think it would be better for cycling if they would just drop Lance, they had allegations last year around this time and nothing came of that.

Focus on the good young riders they have and grow the sport that way rather than try to alienate what US fans there are.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #8
delany
Uber Bronco

They should just allow any doping you want to do.

Eliminate the compliance headaches, legal fees, overhead etc....and let the best drugged athelete win.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #9
Shananahan

Yeah, but don't just stop at doping. Let them do all kinds of drugs while they race. Make it mandatory.

Cycling would instantly become 1000x more appealing to viewers.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #10
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
500 clean teats.
no real proof.
allegations come after closure of federal investigation.
the only thing accomplishes is it keep him from being a triathlete
He can still do Tri's. That is what he started in. He hasn't failed a test yet or been convicted.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #11
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
He can still do Tri's. That is what he started in. He hasn't failed a test yet or been convicted.
He's been banned from tris as of this news.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #12
extralife
Ring of Famer

his best friends even accused him of doping. it happened, guys.

fun thought-experiment: why is barry bonds guilty without being caught, whereas not-being-caught is the boilerplate response to accusations against lance armstrong? I don't even think race is the answer to that question--or at least not the primary answer.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:28 AM   #13
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post

fun thought-experiment: why is barry bonds guilty without being caught, whereas not-being-caught is the boilerplate response to accusations against lance armstrong? I don't even think race is the answer to that question--or at least not the primary answer.
Jesus you are stupid. He admitted to using the Cream and the Clear, which was a Steroid. Thats why.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:18 AM   #14
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post

Um, no.

Did you even read the letter? The bulk of their argument is apparently from "witnesses". I find it hard to believe so many cyclists that cheated have been caught EXCEPT Lance Armstrong, who is tested more times than all of them combined. Is he just the most clever person in the world in addition to being one of the greatest athletes?
Old 06-14-2012, 06:27 AM   #15
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Um, no.

Did you even read the letter? The bulk of their argument is apparently from "witnesses". I find it hard to believe so many cyclists that cheated have been caught EXCEPT Lance Armstrong, who is tested more times than all of them combined. Is he just the most clever person in the world in addition to being one of the greatest athletes?
And most wealthy...$$$ is always available.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:55 AM   #16
Stagger Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
100%. Why the hell does anybody care anymore?
Old 06-14-2012, 07:06 AM   #17
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
100%. Why the hell does anybody care anymore?
misery loves company
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:52 AM   #18
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
Sounds like every sport outside of hockey honestly...
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #19
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I enjoy watching the Tour de France every year, I never paid attention before Lance retired but I got hooked watching the coverage and seeing the old chataues(?) by helicopter.

I think it would be better for cycling if they would just drop Lance, they had allegations last year around this time and nothing came of that.

Focus on the good young riders they have and grow the sport that way rather than try to alienate what US fans there are.
The only thing fun about watching cycling is when one guy bumps into another causing a massive crash of like 20+ other cyclists...
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #20
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Um, no.

Several previous winners on the Tour were never caught but later admitted to using doping. Jan Ulrich was never caught, Bjarne Riis was never caught, Ivan Basso was never caught. They all admitted to using doping despite never failing a single test. The entire Festina team, they weren't tested positive despite the entire team being doped up for years.

The best riders with the biggest results and the best doctors do not get caught, they know how to get around the system and it has been proven by so many top riders who pass 100s of tests. Not failing a test just means you were a good cheater.

There is so much evidence that you can use doping for years, even a guy like Tyler Hamilton used it for years without testing positive.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #21
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Several previous winners on the Tour were never caught but later admitted to using doping. Jan Ulrich was never caught, Bjarne Riis was never caught, Ivan Basso was never caught. They all admitted to using doping despite never failing a single test. The entire Festina team, they weren't tested positive despite the entire team being doped up for years.

The best riders with the biggest results and the best doctors do not get caught, they know how to get around the system and it has been proven by so many top riders who pass 100s of tests. Not failing a test just means you were a good cheater.

There is so much evidence that you can use doping for years, even a guy like Tyler Hamilton used it for years without testing positive.
This goes for all sports IMO. Not just riding.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #22
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post

And?
Old 06-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #23
ghwk
Ring of Famer

DOUBLE JESUS MUTHER EFFERS!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Be Smokin

Honestly I think it is likely he doped but the French investigated for what, like 5 years and still couldn't definitively prove it. Like OJ he has been acquitted, and by the French no less who hate his cycling guts. Just time to move on at this point.

The tour hasn't been interesting since he left IMO.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #24
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
The only thing fun about watching cycling is when one guy bumps into another causing a massive crash of like 20+ other cyclists...
That is a big draw, it is one of the 2 big reasons I watch NASCAR now and then, the other is because there is nothing else on in the Winter on Sundays.

The offical's car that ran into guys was also interesting to see because it changed the outcome of the race. Contador would have won had he not been caught in that early crash.

I LOVE watching the Mountian stages and think that the team Verses sends to cover the race does a great job explaining it all. I think time trials are like watching paint dry and the last day is also a snooze fest until the last couple laps around Paris and the podium.

Le Tour de France is more about endurance than a race per se. if you can stay with the peleton and keep your time within the top 5 you have a good chance to win.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #25
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Here's another thought experiment:

The other riders (Ulrich, etc) who were on the juice were operating at above 100% of their natural ability. And we now know that virtually all of them were juicing. So if you believe Lance was clean then you believe that his totally natural, non-PED ability was enough to beat out the artifically-fueled, unnaturally fast rest of the world, 7 Tours in a row.

Sure, that's theoretically possible, but what does your brain tell you is the more likely explanation?
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote