The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2012, 07:22 AM   #1
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson
Default OT: Galaxy S III who's in?

Got a blue 32 GB on preorder from Sprint, finally ditching my OG EVO. Anyone else picking up this bad boy?
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

I would definitely like to; I'm not due up to get a new device until November. I've got a Thunderbolt and maybe Verizon will rectify the shortcomings of this phone by allowing me an early upgrade!
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #3
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

My wife has a thunderbolt too and hates it. Can't renew until August.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:50 AM   #4
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

I've almost become apathetic to the whole phone craze/situation. I use it to place calls, text and surf the web. It really does all of that well, it's just that the battery lasts about 4 hours. haha.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:56 AM   #5
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

WTF. The Galaxy SII just came out for AT&T in October. Less than a year later, the SIII is out ?!?!
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #6
Jay3

I got the Galaxy Nexus on launch day in December, so I'm good for now. I think my dad is going to get the SIII.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:07 AM   #7
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
WTF. The Galaxy SII just came out for AT&T in October. Less than a year later, the SIII is out ?!?!
This. **** Samsung, they don't support their phones at all and they would rather just push new hardware every other quarter

Sincerely,

Disgruntled former Samsung galaxy s 1 owner
Old 06-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #8
lolcopter

On the whole, the android scene is really annoying too because manufacturer's keep pushing new specs but the user experience changes very little because of it. ****ty software support from manufacturers and a hardware spec race ensures your phone will be outdated and probably no longer supported before you wireless contract is even half over

This is one of the reasons I went back to iOS, along with the far superior apps and support. Windows phone looks interesting though
Old 06-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #9
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
Got a blue 32 GB on preorder from Sprint, finally ditching my OG EVO. Anyone else picking up this bad boy?
I am in the same boat.

How have past Galaxy's preformed compared to the Evo. What are the upgrades?
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #10
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I got mine ordered for verizon.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #11
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
I have a Galaxy SII thru T-Mobile and love it... but I've read that the SIII is going to give the IPhone real competition.. I want the SIII because the screen is bigger.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #12
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
On the whole, the android scene is really annoying too because manufacturer's keep pushing new specs but the user experience changes very little because of it. ****ty software support from manufacturers and a hardware spec race ensures your phone will be outdated and probably no longer supported before you wireless contract is even half over

This is one of the reasons I went back to iOS, along with the far superior apps and support. Windows phone looks interesting though
If Apple made a phone with a decent sized screen, I might drink the koolaid as well. 3.5" display, really? Make an iPhone XL with a 4.2-4.5ish screen and I'd probably get one.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #13
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
The Galaxy SII didn't come out for Verizon. So for me it isn't as big of a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBen View Post
I have a Galaxy SII thru T-Mobile and love it... but I've read that the SIII is going to give the IPhone real competition.. I want the SIII because the screen is bigger.

The Samsung Galaxy S3 has been one of the most anticipated handsets of 2012 and has sparked as much interest and rumors on the run up to its launch as the iPhone 4S did before its launch. The question is, is the Galaxy S3 a better buy than the iPhone 4S? The folks over at IBTimes have provided 14 reasons why the Samsung Galaxy S3 is better than the iPhone 4S, here are a couple we think are worth highlighting:

Samsung Galaxy S3 vs iPhone 4S: why the S3 is a better buy
Owners of the Samsung Galaxy S3 enjoy NFC, near field communication, allowing wireless transaction on the handset. Also wireless is its charging abilities. It is also thinner & lighter: The new Samsung (133.0g) phone is 7g lighter than iPhone 4S (140.0g). The Apple iPhone 4S is also thicker at 9.3mm versus the Galaxy S3 at 8.6mm.

Moving on, you have a bigger screen: Samsung Galaxy S3 has a 4.8-inch Super AMOLED screen compared to 3.5-inch screen of the iPhone 4S. On the rear you find a removable battery: The battery is removable in the Galaxy S3 and can be replaced which is handy in case you have a long day ahead and wish to keep a backup battery in your waller. The iPhone 4S battery is not removable and your only option is one of those expanded battery covers which don't help the aesthetics of the Apple device.

Hit the source link for all 14 reasons why the Samsung Galaxy S3 beats the iPhone 4S. The Samsung Galaxy S3 is expected to be available through 5 US carriers by the end of this month. As for the iPhone 4S, it recently saw a price drop which was attributed to the incoming release of the iPhone 5. Unfortunately it didn't happen at WWDC 2012 and now looks set for a fall release.

[source]

http://www.motoringcrunch.com/news/m...3-vs-iphone-4s
Old 06-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #14
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post

Next payday i'm probably going to spring for a lumina 900.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #15
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
If Apple made a phone with a decent sized screen, I might drink the koolaid as well. 3.5" display, really? Make an iPhone XL with a 4.2-4.5ish screen and I'd probably get one.
I personally think 4" is the sweet spot for screens. Anything bigger than that and you almost have to use two hands

I will never buy another Samsung mobile product again though because I got burned with the first galaxy s. they are more concerned with pushing hardware numbers than they are with supporting the end user. I had to root my phone to even get froyo!
Old 06-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #16
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i am getting this bad boy. it's annoying to see so many phones pushed out after barely six months on the market but with trying to keep up and eventually surpass apple it's become a technological arms race.

i've had the HTC HD2 for many years now and it was a wonderful phone but i pretty much only use 3 phone brands. HTC,Samsung and LG.

i do find it hilarious that Apple is seeking an injunction to halt the US debut of the SIII on the basis of infringement.
what that means is they're scared of this phone and how it will affect the Iphone sales.

Last edited by Lestat; 06-13-2012 at 11:11 AM..
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #17
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

This phone looks pretty good. Asus makes pretty good products. I believe this is their first go at a phone though and I'm not sure who the providers will be.

http://www.asus.com/Mobile/PadFone/

here are the specs.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #18
tnedator
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..

I'm on the pre-order list.

Also, if you hadn't heard, the judge refused to give Apple a hearing on the injunction, so the S3 will ship on time.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #19
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
I'm on the pre-order list.

Also, if you hadn't heard, the judge refused to give Apple a hearing on the injunction, so the S3 will ship on time.
sweet, i knew the judge had thrown out their injunction against Google but i hadn't heard about the SIII once being tossed out.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #20
tnedator
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
sweet, i knew the judge had thrown out their injunction against Google but i hadn't heard about the SIII once being tossed out.
Not tossed, but she said her calendar was too full to hear it on an emergency basis, since they have an ongoing patent infringement case on the Nexus, and similar (some new) claims are being brought up for the S3.

So, it sounds like she either wants them merged, or simply won't hear it on an emergency/TRO basis.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #21
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Not sure the Galaxy S III should be compared to the 4S as we're 3-5 months out from a IP5 launch. That would probably be a proper comparison; however, 4S and the Lumia 900 are the best alternative benchmarks at this point.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #22
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Ive had the Galaxy S and the Galaxy S2 and loved them both!! the galaxy S3 has so many features as well as being the new flagship phone that im on the pre-order list and cant wait!

my galaxy s2 was already better then the iphone4s so i can only imagine how the S3 is going to be
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #23
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

Looks like Big Red is getting ready to ass blast its' customers

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/st...ans/55542720/1

$90/month for a single phone with a whopping 1GB of data.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #24
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I was going to run out and buy a new iphone but decided to wait hoping Apple was going to announce the 5 last Monday but it now looks like August.

Thing is the Note? (phone Dutch has been pimping) is looking more and more cool to me every time I see it. If only Korg apps worked on it like they do on the iphone/ipad I would jump into one of those. Hoping my cell can hold out another 4 months...
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:13 PM   #25
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I love the Galaxy series. I have the Epic and it's still awesome. I'll probably end up with the III eventually. I'm still sorta partial to real keys for long texts and emails....

Honestly, it was drive me crazy to have to stuck without being able to put in another battery. I have 3 for my phone so I never have to worry about it. They're cheap and I never have to plug the thing in because I always have a back up in a wall charger and the other in my pocket. It's the only way to go.

Last edited by hambone13; 06-13-2012 at 10:15 PM..
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote