The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2012, 11:56 PM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default The Official U.S. Open thread

Can't wait for next weekend. The U.S. Open going back to the venue where there hasn't been so much controversy since the last U.S. Open held there. Remember those greens back in 98, holy cow. The course is setting up a bit different this time. Obviously lengthened some but now #1 is a par 4 and #17 now playing as a par 5. I just finished the virtual design of this course (which you should be able to play in a month or so at some golf shops which feature the Foresight simulators). This course plays tuff. Dogleg fairways that have fairways that slope against the dogleg, friggin big tall trees blocking shots at every turn and of course that lovely open rough.

I'll tell ya now, it's not going to be as easy as Congressional was last year. This course has alot more teeth, even if the weather is wet like it was for Congressional last year.

I'll say winning score will be about +4

http://www.usopen.com/en_US/index.html

ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2012, 05:12 AM   #2
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Have you ever played the course?
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:37 AM   #3
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I wouldn't place a dime on Tiger to win this one. This course requires the one thing he doesn't have, accuracy off the tee. Graeme McDowell would be my pick. Number one in driving accuracy on the tour.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #4
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

FOWLER!!!
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #5
DENVERDUI55

A ball striker will win this one. You have to be able to hit cut shots off draw lies and vice versa to postage stamp greens. Course will play really long too with bay area conditions. Jason Dufner is my choice even though he has no usopen history. Probably be a guy who always plays us opens well.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #6
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

The Us Open is setup to protect par. It's ****ing hard and Tiger Woods has literally no shot to win other tahn he's allowed to enter the tourny
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

You think the winner will be a +4?

How tough is this course? Rory won last year with a -16.

Anyway, I think it's pretty sweet they're pairing Tiger, Phil and Bubba together.... I like to see Tiger poised for the start of his comeback. I'll also be watching Rory and Rickie
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #8
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
You think the winner will be a +4?

How tough is this course? Rory won last year with a -16.

Anyway, I think it's pretty sweet they're pairing Tiger, Phil and Bubba together.... I like to see Tiger poised for the start of his comeback. I'll also be watching Rory and Rickie
-16 was a record and the course played very easy last year.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #9
Stagger Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
The Us Open is setup to protect par. It's ****ing hard and Tiger Woods has literally no shot to win other tahn he's allowed to enter the tourny
He's won the thing 3 times. I wouldn't say he has no chance. He has more US Open victories than any other player in the field, so I wouldn't rule him out just yet.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #10
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
I'm no Tiger fan but to say he has no chance is a joke. I'm not saying he is back but he plays tough golf courses well, scrambles well, and works the ball both ways better than anyone. He has a good chance here if you ask me and I don't like the guy.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #11
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
He's won the thing 3 times. I wouldn't say he has no chance. He has more US Open victories than any other player in the field, so I wouldn't rule him out just yet.
The way he's playing....it's already over for him.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #12
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I'm no Tiger fan but to say he has no chance is a joke. I'm not saying he is back but he plays tough golf courses well, scrambles well, and works the ball both ways better than anyone. He has a good chance here if you ask me and I don't like the guy.
Not anymore. He's a shell of his former self. Watch him play. He's a complete ass out. I'll bet he drops his club on the tee 15 times this weekend. HE can no longer work the ball in either direction with any of the consistency he used to. He's wild off the tee....He might finish top 20....but to win....nope.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #13
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Not anymore. He's a shell of his former self. Watch him play. He's a complete ass out. I'll bet he drops his club on the tee 15 times this weekend. HE can no longer work the ball in either direction with any of the consistency he used to. He's wild off the tee....He might finish top 20....but to win....nope.
Yes he is a shell of himself and isn't as consistent, he does drop his club(which has no impact on winning a tournament), he is an ass(doesn't matter for winning though) but he can still win quite easily. He works the ball all 3 ways with all 3 trajectories better than anyone on tour. With his short game and imagination he will always contend at US opens.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #14
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncogary View Post
Have you ever played the course?
Not in real life. I have played the course via the software I used to help create it. The lidar terrain data was accurate to within 1 foot so it's pretty darn accurate. I also created Congressional last year and just between the making of these two and comparing them I see Olympic as a much greater test of golf. The ball physics of the gaming software are really good. The development team is halfway through building a new engine and I believe this time next year they will have a video game available which will be the best available, even better then EA Sports Tiger Woods.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #15
jonny1
Ahhh, football!

Broncos' cheerleaders rule!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Kuper

Quote:
The way he's playing....it's already over for him.
Umm, you do realize he has won twice this year, on golf courses designed to be tough like US Open courses (Bay Hill and Memorial)?

And I believe he either led or was top 5 in total driving in both of those tournaments.

To say he has no chance is not realistic.
jonny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #16
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny1 View Post
Umm, you do realize he has won twice this year, on golf courses designed to be tough like US Open courses (Bay Hill and Memorial)?

And I believe he either led or was top 5 in total driving in both of those tournaments.

To say he has no chance is not realistic.
Yeah, I would't go as far as saying he has no chance. It all just depends on if he's got it going or not. If he does, he of course has a chance. But I will say this, probably one of the tightest courses with some really narrow windows. I know ball striking and driving accuracy has been mentioned as key things to winning but I think the winner is also going to have some good scoring in the scrambling department.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:59 AM   #17
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

so watcha guys think of #13 with the left side shaved to the creek? Fair or not? It might be close to fair now but when these greens dry out come Sat and Sun, this hole could be epic.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #18
BroncsCheer

Woods tied for 2nd, one stroke back thru 15 holes. Tis is his best start this year.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #19
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Maybe you should've said this for the other 2 players in his group. Tiger is hitting every fairway. He went holes 1-6 at -1. Let's see how many players are in the red after that stretch of holes.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 06-14-2012 at 12:10 PM..
Old 06-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #20
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Maybe you should've said this for the other 2 players in his group. Tiger is hitting every fairway. He went holes 1-6 at -1. Let's see how many players are in the red after that stretch of holes.
He is just anti tiger making shiat up. I quit after he said he has no chance at winning.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #21
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

4 back but in second, I would say he has a shot. Lefty struggled today and a lot of golf left to play.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #22
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
4 back but in second, I would say he has a shot. Lefty struggled today and a lot of golf left to play.
He leads in my opinion. Thompson will implode. Someone always goes low that is a no name then disappears. Going to be great tournament in my opinion. Weather is good all week in sfo.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #23
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Bubba +8
Rory +7
Phil +6

WOW
Old 06-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #24
Cmac821
Harden by loss

Can't wait for next year

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fox Mulder

That course is ridiculous, with those massive back to back par 5's on the back. People teeing off with irons just to hit the fairway because the rough in not forgiving
Cmac821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #25
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Bubba +8
Rory +7
Phil +6

WOW
Damn... in for a schock I guess when I start watching tomorrow.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote