The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
briane
Seasoned Veteran
 
briane's Avatar
 
http://www.privatepostmark.com

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 384

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Parrish Cox assualt accuser sues Demaryius Thomas

not much info on this yet:

A woman who accused former Denver Broncos cornerback Perrish Cox of sexual assault has filed a lawsuit seeking unspecified damages against Cox and current Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/P...lawsuit-061012

Last edited by briane; 06-10-2012 at 07:57 PM..
briane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
Prodigal19
Seasoned Veteran
 
Prodigal19's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 420
Default

Oh for ****s sake.

DT doesn't have time to worry about this crap.
Prodigal19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,976

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

Got to feed dat baby yo.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Just great. Whats next, Manning is a cat burglar?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #5
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

****
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #6
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza
 
Baba Booey's Avatar
 
HURRY HURRY!

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North of the Wall
Posts: 2,041

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

It's only for cash, and she'll be lucky to get it anyway. Came off as a total skeezer in the Cox trial.

Take it sleazy and leave DT alone already.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #7
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Booey View Post
It's only for cash, and she'll be lucky to get it anyway. Came off as a total skeezer in the Cox trial.

Take it sleazy and leave DT alone already.
what the **** is her case going to be? didn't it get established that after Cox said she was ready when she was unconscious, DT was like "**** that" and took off?

in what possible way can she even fathom trying to extort money from DT?
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #8
myMind
splinters reality until
 
myMind's Avatar
 
We Grok

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,558

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
what the **** is her case going to be? didn't it get established that after Cox said she was ready when she was unconscious, DT was like "**** that" and took off?

in what possible way can she even fathom trying to extort money from DT?
He has money, she found a scum bag lawyer that told her she deserves some of it. Society is sick because of an imaginary scale of worth, old news.

**Edit- The fact that typing the word news brings up a link I didn't provide proves my point.**
Seriously Taco? The words Money, Cash, or News are now automatically linked to some bull****?

Last edited by myMind; 06-10-2012 at 10:51 PM..
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #9
Stuck in Cali
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

How long has it been since we didn't have any "off field" drama, not including contracts/signing's? Crap like this, dui's, and other stupid crap is getting old.

Don't get me wrong DT was just hanging out with the wrong person at the wrong time. And there will always be people looking for any chance they can cash in on stuff like this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:36 AM   #10
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,351

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Money
cash
news


There's no link. Do you have a virus in your browser?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:00 AM   #11
Conklin
Ring of Famer
 
Conklin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Springfield, Misery
Posts: 3,141
Default

money
cash
news
cars
sluts
strippers


no links for me either..but at least I completed my christmas wish list
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:09 AM   #12
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,144

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
what the **** is her case going to be? didn't it get established that after Cox said she was ready when she was unconscious, DT was like "**** that" and took off?

in what possible way can she even fathom trying to extort money from DT?
I haven't followd the Parrish Cox case at all since last year, but if in fact that's an accurate representation...that he was with Cox at the time and left him there with the woman knowing he had planned to rape her, that's a civil tort called negligence...probably actionable under tort laws like intentional infliction of enotional distress and perhaps the rescue doctrine. In any case, if what you say is true and Thomas was there with Cox, knew or had reason to suspect he would rape her and did nothing or left him there to do the deed rather than trying to prevent it or call the cops, then he deserves to get his ass sued.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #13
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

My only hope for this is that she ends up with no settlement and a big fat debt owing to a **** bag lawyer
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:56 AM   #14
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 7,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
I haven't followd the Parrish Cox case at all since last year, but if in fact that's an accurate representation...that he was with Cox at the time and left him there with the woman knowing he had planned to rape her, that's a civil tort called negligence...probably actionable under tort laws like intentional infliction of enotional distress and perhaps the rescue doctrine. In any case, if what you say is true and Thomas was there with Cox, knew or had reason to suspect he would rape her and did nothing or left him there to do the deed rather than trying to prevent it or call the cops, then he deserves to get his ass sued.
If the court determines that there wasn't a rape, all this becomes irrelevant
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:58 AM   #15
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 16,793

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Ah the old compensation philosophy, I wonder who's to blame for bringing that mentality into the world, seen any mirrors lately
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #16
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unsettled, NC
Posts: 7,660

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Got to feed dat baby yo.
The baby was dissected and vacuumed out of her womb (then a DNA test to show it was Cox's). Should have kept the kid, then you get child support payments.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #17
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,907
Default

I thought DT missed all the girl on girl action?
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #18
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 6,767
Default

I thought all he did was grope her or whatever?
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #19
orinjkrush
...
 
orinjkrush's Avatar
 
Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: FrontRangeAbove8500ft
Posts: 5,185

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland
Default

orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #20
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,691
Default

It's probably a negligence type suit. If Thomas had reason to suspect that Cox intended to have intercourse with the victim while she was incapacitated, and he then showed negligence in leaving her in said situation, than he very well could have liability in a civil suit. My recollection of the statement of facts suggests this is a possibility.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #21
underrated29
Ahoy
 
You lika da sexy

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,158

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

She said, that if it was DT who "raped" her instead of cox she would have no problem with it.......Then it turned out to be cox, and now she is going after both of them. As far as I remember DT left when he woke up after falling asleep on the coach. How he would know if she was conscious or unconscious would be pretty hard to say if she was in the bedroom sleeping.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #22
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,086

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
It's probably a negligence type suit. If Thomas had reason to suspect that Cox intended to have intercourse with the victim while she was incapacitated, and he then showed negligence in leaving her in said situation, than he very well could have liability in a civil suit. My recollection of the statement of facts suggests this is a possibility.
Thomas witness report from the criminal case suggests that he saw Cox carry/help the girl to the bed room to sleep and Cox then returned to the living room. Thomas at some point crashed on the couch, woke up and left the appartment.

I believe Thomas claimed that Cox after having carried/helped the girl to the bed room suggested that Thomas go have sex with her, but Thomas refused to do so.

I think she has a case to cover medical bills related to the abortion from Cox, but other than that she is not going to get much.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #23
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,919

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Just another person looking for a free lunch. This lady and NFL players deserve each other.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #24
myMind
splinters reality until
 
myMind's Avatar
 
We Grok

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,558

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Money
cash
news


There's no link. Do you have a virus in your browser?
Mayhaps I do...interesting. I'll have to reinstall it.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #25
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
If the court determines that there wasn't a rape, all this becomes irrelevant
agreed. that should end it right away. the fact that DT left means nothing if she wasn't raped. since the previous court case says Cox and the skank had sex that neither remembered, and Parrish wasn't charged with rape, than there was no rape that DT was negligent in allowing to happen.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:12 AM.


Denver Broncos