The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #76
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangenblue2 View Post
Took me over 10 years on the waiting list. I've had tickets for 4 years now. Probably would have been sooner but I needed four. We are in 526, Row 16...and I can't afford to move down now. To all of those who are asking/wondering about the distance and walk/ride times from various places...I say that the very best times that I've had at the old or new Mile High have been enjoying my fellow fans and occasionally rival fans at my own or another's tailgate. Stop by sometime...
I never thought about 4 tickets slowing down the waiting list. I was pretty shocked to see someone who signed in 2006 get in already. But maybe that's the difference?

You'd think they'd give the people signed up for 4 the option though if 2 were available.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #77
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
133 row 31 i think. Moved 2 seasons ago. I talked to my old compadres there and they are pissed at me. Seems some guy all year long just stood up all game long and yelled "Teeeeeeebboooooooooow" for 4 quarters. Now I know it was you.
You're saying your old seats were in 133? I'm talking about the upper 200's, not the 100's.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #78
tnedator
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..

I don't remember if it was in this thread or another (or on another forum), but someone was suggesting putting your name on the waiting list requesting one seat, because your name was more likely to come up sooner. Not sure if that's because they pick x number of people requesting 4, x number requesting 3, etc. or if it's because your name will come up to get the single seats.

The key to this was that when your name comes up, regardless of what you said when you put your name on the list (how many seats you wanted), you will be able to choose between 1-4 seats when you actually get them.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #79
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I never thought about 4 tickets slowing down the waiting list. I was pretty shocked to see someone who signed in 2006 get in already. But maybe that's the difference?

You'd think they'd give the people signed up for 4 the option though if 2 were available.
I've had my season tickets for 17 or 18 years now.

Sat in the the old south stands at Mile High and my current seats are still in the south stands.

I have no idea how my name was called so quickly on the season ticket waiting list.

I think I put my name on the list in February or March and got a call that same summer asking if I wanted tickets for the south stands.

That is where I wanted to sit most of all....so it felt like I hit the lottery, as I figured I would have to wait years to get a call.

Back then the season tickets cost me less than $500 for the entire year....a ticket in the south stands was under $25, if I remember correctly.

I think they doubled in price in 2001, when Invesco was opened.

Tickets in the south stands are now $73.00 each in my section....I think they are $1460.00 for the year. (EDIT: $80.00 each....$1600.00 for the year)

They have more than tripled in price in the last 17 or 18 years....back in the mid 90s, $20 some bucks for a ticket seems like one heck of a deal, especially considering the run the team was getting ready to go on.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 06-18-2012 at 11:50 AM..
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #80
tnedator
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..

Southstand is up to $80 a game, $800 for the year, after this offseasons price increase. They were $77/$770 last year.

It didn't matter this year, because there were no upgrades available, but I was debating moving from 236 to the 300 level corners (the first couple sections past the club seats) if they were available. My thinking was that the angle seems like a better view, and that some of the other things like the covered concourse if it's raining, more than just one bathroom (and things like that to keep the wife happy) might be better than the south stands.

In the end, it was moot, because there was nothing in the 300 level to move to, but for those familiar with the corners of the 200 level (228, 229, 235 and 236) and the 300 level (non club) corners (316, 317, 318, 328, 329 and 330), which do you think is a better view/better experience?
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #81
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Southstand is up to $80 a game, $800 for the year, after this offseasons price increase. They were $77/$770 last year.

It didn't matter this year, because there were no upgrades available, but I was debating moving from 236 to the 300 level corners (the first couple sections past the club seats) if they were available. My thinking was that the angle seems like a better view, and that some of the other things like the covered concourse if it's raining, more than just one bathroom (and things like that to keep the wife happy) might be better than the south stands.

In the end, it was moot, because there was nothing in the 300 level to move to, but for those familiar with the corners of the 200 level (228, 229, 235 and 236) and the 300 level (non club) corners (316, 317, 318, 328, 329 and 330), which do you think is a better view/better experience?
Yep....you're right....I looked at my email invoice and they were $1600 this year, which is $80 a ticket.

It seems like they creep up the price every other year or so.

My seats are in Section 232....one of the first few rows in the section.

I like them because they are almost in the middle of the field with a good view. I am literally a few steps from the bathroom and concessions, as I only have to take a few steps down, and a few more steps out to the restrooms and food/beer. Easy to get to and easy to get out and take a leak and get back to your seats.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 06-18-2012 at 11:55 AM..
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #82
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

huh...my tickets actually went down. Last year they were $58 ea, this year they are $53 ea, down $5.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #83
sportfantic

My seats are in the club corner. Sec. 328. I like the seats I have a good view of the field and I was able to move down from the 5th level. Use to be in Sec. 503. So the difference for me was very noticeable. A bunch of the seats are under cover and that is nice, didn't have any bad weather last year though.

I moved down last season, like most people there were no upgrade opportunities for me this year.

The concourse area is pretty good, doesn't seem to over crowded but the bathrooms on the level are small and not many of them. For such a new stadium I would have thought they would have done better having big bathrooms and more of them.

I was on the waiting list for 7 years and got my season tickets in 2007. Like someone said earlier you get to choose the number of seats you want and I picked 4
Old 02-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #84
sportfantic

Has anyone got there renewal invoice in the mail yet? I got my email notification that an invoice is on the way and they will be doing the same seat upgrade process online last previous years. But I don't know my priority number so just waiting on the hard copy invoice to come in the mail.

I am hoping to move down a couple rows but doubt that will happen.