The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,857

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default Yakety Sax!!!









Last edited by Bronco Rob; 06-16-2012 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: Yakety Sax!!!
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Another good article by the fat man!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,818

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch
Default

Thats pretty much the entire article.

You should link to their site a little earlier imo.

So does this mean youre now going to post every article from that site too?

Master article poster....
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:35 PM   #4
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,857

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Another good article by the fat man!

They always do topshelf work!
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:02 AM   #5
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer
 
Bigdawg26's Avatar
 
Just let it happen!!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,986

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!
Default

Pretty good write-up on the DT's. I'm particularly excited about Derek Wolfe. I hope he transitions well into the pros. He has really good success and numbers from college. I trust Del Rio's history with picking and grooming DT's from Jacksonville. To be honest with you I'm still pretty shocked our first pick was actually a DT's. I thought Bowlen was allergic!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #6
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,966
Default

I dont care what folks say, when i watch this guy i see JJ Watt!
Yeah, hes a beast.
Great write up.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #7
Boomhauer
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Another good article by the fat man!
Agreed.

I think our starting DTs look pretty good this year, but I'm concerned about depth.
Starting NT: Bannan + Starting UT: Vickerson and Wolfe
It remains to be seen if Wolfe wins the UT gig outright or backs up Vickerson, but either way we have three strong and head DTs manning the middle. Vickerson can also slide over to LDT, alongside Wolfe at RDT, for a 2DT look against weak-running teams. This look allows considerably more stunting and blitzing opportunities, but is weak against downhill running attacks.

Backup NT: Siliga + Backup UT: Unrein
I don't know what to expect of Siliga, as he was picked up late to the P-Squad last season. Unrein is listed at 291 and got looks at UT last preseason, after playing 3-4DE in college, but he's more a gap-filler than an penetrator. Be interesting watching these two come preseason.
After that, there's the (likely) retiring NT Warren and the 275lb Garland that should move to LDE.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #8
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,615

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Thats pretty much the entire article.

You should link to their site a little earlier imo.

So does this mean youre now going to post every article from that site too?

Master article poster....
Yeah I'm not sure why TJ hasn't done anything about his article posting styles. If TJ doesn't have a problem with this anymore, then he needs to remove this thread.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=95176


Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John
A single paragraph with a link to the story is probably not going to get us into any trouble, and will most likely be appreciated for the traffic that it drives. Please do your part to keep our little slice of Broncomania in the good graces of our friends who are helping to feed the discussion.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #9
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,857

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
Agreed.

I think our starting DTs look pretty good this year, but I'm concerned about depth.
Starting NT: Bannan + Starting UT: Vickerson and Wolfe
It remains to be seen if Wolfe wins the UT gig outright or backs up Vickerson, but either way we have three strong and head DTs manning the middle. Vickerson can also slide over to LDT, alongside Wolfe at RDT, for a 2DT look against weak-running teams. This look allows considerably more stunting and blitzing opportunities, but is weak against downhill running attacks.

Backup NT: Siliga + Backup UT: Unrein
I don't know what to expect of Siliga, as he was picked up late to the P-Squad last season. Unrein is listed at 291 and got looks at UT last preseason, after playing 3-4DE in college, but he's more a gap-filler than an penetrator. Be interesting watching these two come preseason.
After that, there's the (likely) retiring NT Warren and the 275lb Garland that should move to LDE.


After reading this the sooner we cut Warren the better.
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #10
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I don't think Vickerson is a pass rushing UT...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #11
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,214

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I don't think Vickerson is a pass rushing UT...
not at all
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #12
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
not at all
Yeah.. These guys above are ready to declare him the starter at UT..
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #13
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
After reading this the sooner we cut Warren the better.
because of what Boomhauer said? He doesn't even think McGahee is our best RB.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #14
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Yeah.. These guys above are ready to declare him the starter at UT..
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105120

Read this and you will understand.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:07 PM   #15
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105120

Read this and you will understand.
Oh boy... Where to begin here
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #16
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,967

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

What the Broncos have trotted out there at DT for years now, it won't be hard for Wolfe to outproduce what past ones did. At the very least, they need a guy who will have a consistent motor and won't take plays off and that is Wolfe. If he can provide any kind of push up the middle, especially on 3rd down, obvious passing downs, the defense will be much improved just because of that.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #17
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I would like to see Jackson get snaps inside and out. He and Wolfe should get plenty of opportunity this season. I really like them both.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #18
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,562

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Hoping we draft at least 1 DT within first 2 rounds next year also. Pretty sad when your rookie DT is considered the best by far and he hasn't even yet played a down in the NFL. We have to keep adding good talent at DT for the next 2 years or so.

We need us a Dockett type of DT. A physical beast the other team just can't block with 1 guy.

ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:51 AM   #19
NorCalBronco7
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Thats pretty much the entire article.

You should link to their site a little earlier imo.

So does this mean youre now going to post every article from that site too?

Master article poster....
Whats wrong with that?

What do you do?



  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:01 AM   #20
Boomhauer
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I don't think Vickerson is a pass rushing UT...
Why not? What about his play makes you think he isn't an UT, or would be better at NT?

And FYI - CBS Sports is listing our NT depth as Warren?!, Bannan, Jackson?!, Siliga and our UT depth as Wolfe, Vickerson, Unrein
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/d...denver-broncos

But, as DBroncos4life suggested - what do I know? Other than infinitly more about footbal than him.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:24 AM   #21
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
What the Broncos have trotted out there at DT for years now, it won't be hard for Wolfe to outproduce what past ones did. At the very least, they need a guy who will have a consistent motor and won't take plays off and that is Wolfe. If he can provide any kind of push up the middle, especially on 3rd down, obvious passing downs, the defense will be much improved just because of that.
Wolfe is a rookie DT. He will not come in a be very productive against NFL OL for at leat the first 8 games of the year. DT is a very hard postion to come in and dominate. He just needs to worry about not getting pushed around and being a solid rotational player.Banan and Vickerson will both be better than Wolfe this year.

That is why I think Denver should just get Warren into camp this year. Really, who cares if he makes $4 million or $2 million
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:25 AM   #22
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
Why not? What about his play makes you think he isn't an UT, or would be better at NT?

And FYI - CBS Sports is listing our NT depth as Warren?!, Bannan, Jackson?!, Siliga and our UT depth as Wolfe, Vickerson, Unrein
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/d...denver-broncos

But, as DBroncos4life suggested - what do I know? Other than infinitly more about footbal than him.
Warren if he stays, Bannan, Vickerson, Siliga I would think are NT types. Vickerson cannot penetrate, UT have to penetrate. Wolfe, Garland, Jackson seem more like the UT type from those on the roster.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #23
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 9,848
Default

Vickerson has had 3.5 sacks in his 7 year NFL career. He went from being an athletic 325 lbs. NT, to an unathletic, slow 290 lbs. UT. He has never been a starter, and he sucks. He would do best to put back on the weight, and be a backup NT.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #24
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,423

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Garland is around 300lbs now, or so reported, and being the workout warrior and gym master that he is, claims are he has increased to that weight with strength, speed and not blubber.

IF so, Garland could surprise all of us by year's end and become a solid starter capable of playing any position along the D-line. Id love to have the type of dedication and fire both Garland and Wolfe bring on the field most downs.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #25
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
Why not? What about his play makes you think he isn't an UT, or would be better at NT?

And FYI - CBS Sports is listing our NT depth as Warren?!, Bannan, Jackson?!, Siliga and our UT depth as Wolfe, Vickerson, Unrein
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/d...denver-broncos

But, as DBroncos4life suggested - what do I know? Other than infinitly more about footbal than him.
Just in this thread you said Warren is likely to retire. . Yeah you know lots about football!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:14 AM.


Denver Broncos