The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #201
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFDD View Post
Strenuous repetitive action with your right hand?
Actually it was from endless hours of holding up a hand held mirror in front of his face.

Last edited by baja; 07-01-2013 at 09:33 AM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #202
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

just pay the mother ****er and make it cap friendly.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #203
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Clady's going to get paid thanks to PFM. Whether he's worth it the amount of money or not.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #204
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFDD View Post
Strenuous repetitive action with your right hand?
Not this time.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #205
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Clady's going to get paid thanks to PFM. Whether he's worth it the amount of money or not.
he was gonna get paid anyways. he's only really had one bad season and that was with Tebow.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #206
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

The Denver Broncos have resumed talks with offensive tackle Ryan Clady about a contract extension, but the two sides are not close to reach a deal, according to National Football Post.

Clady, the No. 12 pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, has played five seasons with the Broncos and is working on an extension that will be his second NFL contract. He played the final year of his rookie deal in 2012. That contract guaranteed him $23.375 million.

According to reports, Clady is seeking a contract extension similar to the seven-year, $80.5 million deal that Cleveland Browns left tackle Joe Thomas received last August.

The Broncos gave Clady the franchise tag, but the three-time Pro Bowler still has not signed it and appears intent on getting a long term deal before he suits up.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #207
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Nothing wrong with this.. he has played at a very high level and earned an big payday, Elway knows the importance of Oline and will get something worked out.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #208
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

The clock is ticking on Broncos left tackle Ryan Clady and every other player who was slapped with the franchise tag for 2013.

If a long-term deal isn’t done by July 15, no long-term deal can be negotiated with the player’s current team until after the 2013 regular season ends.

Two of the franchise players have not signed their one-year franchise tenders: Broncos left tackle Ryan Clady and Bills safety Jairus Byrd. As to Clady, a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that the two sides exchanged proposals last month, and that the Broncos are expected to make a new offer next week.

Yes, that will be cutting it close. But as we’ve seen time and again, the NFL is driven by deadlines.

In this specific case, the deadline takes a back seat to the player’s health. As Broncos executive V.P. of football operations John Elway told Pro Football Talk on NBCSN at the Scouting Combine, the Broncos want to see how Clady recovers from offseason shoulder surgery until making a long-term commitment.

“I think we’ll wait and see how that comes out,” Elway said at the time. “Obviously we don’t want to jump right in because that’s always, especially for a tackle, those shoulders are always tough and we’ll see how he comes out of it. But we don’t anticipate any problems with that. My understanding is the surgery went well and our training crew says that things look good so we don’t anticipate any problems but we’ll see how he comes out of it.”

Absent a long-term deal, Clady could choose to boycott training camp and the preseason, showing up only a few days before the regular-season opener and collecting the full amount of the $9.66 million franchise tender.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/newrepl...te=1&p=3871732
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #209
Drunken.Broncoholic

Does this team really want to wait until a deadline? We saw earlier with dumervil how bad that can screw things up.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #210
DENVERDUI55

I'm not sure I would give Clady a long term deal. He seems to be breaking down a little more every year.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #211
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I'm not sure I would give Clady a long term deal. He seems to be breaking down a little more every year.
Despite not missing a single game ever.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #212
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Absent a long-term deal, Clady could choose to boycott training camp and the preseason, showing up only a few days before the regular-season opener and collecting the full amount of the $9.66 million franchise tender.
I thought that under the new CBA players could not holdout past August 8th (or something like that) or they would lose credit for the season? Or maybe it's different so long as Clady does not sign the tender?
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #213
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I don't think clady is worth a 80 million I think peyton minimises that a little. In a couple year clady 80 m peyton 100m c
Von ? DT ?
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #214
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
I don't think clady is worth a 80 million I think peyton minimises that a little. In a couple year clady 80 m peyton 100m c
Von ? DT ?
Maybe so,but manning isn't going to be around 8 yrs.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #215
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Von ? DT ?
i'd rather keep Clady and pay him 80 mil than to have to replace him.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #216
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

There is no way Elway will pay him a fat contract. Elway has shown he is and will be frugal when spending money. I don't really expect him and the Broncos to reach agreement. I could be wrong, he might stay for a reduced amount but I seriously doubt Elway is going to pay him Thomas money. Not with Von's contract coming up.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:42 AM   #217
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21’s No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Ryan Clady has proven to be as tough at the bargaining table as he is on pass rushers.
The somewhat monotonous but extremely serious issue that is Clady's contract negotiations move to the center table this week at Broncos headquarters.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #218
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
There is no way Elway will pay him a fat contract. Elway has shown he is and will be frugal when spending money. I don't really expect him and the Broncos to reach agreement. I could be wrong, he might stay for a reduced amount but I seriously doubt Elway is going to pay him Thomas money. Not with Von's contract coming up.
Clady isn't going through this for a reduced contract. Elway may be frugal but he ain't stupid. Elway of all people knows the importance of a very good LT.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:05 AM   #219
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Clady isn't going through this for a reduced contract. Elway may be frugal but he ain't stupid. Elway of all people knows the importance of a very good LT.
Right. Clady doesn't have to show until he gets what he wants, and he'll get it from someone.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #220
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
Right. Clady doesn't have to show until he gets what he wants, and he'll get it from someone.
Ummmm, franchise tag.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #221
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Ummmm, franchise tag.
So what? He doesn't have a contract. They can't fine him or anything.

What is Elway going to do...go rouse Ryan out of bed and say, "Ryan, time for work?"

Of course not.

He doesn't have to show up at all. Elway has shown that he's not above arm twisting, and my instinct says that Clady isn't either. He's made some nice dough already, and while the tender is serious cash it pales in comparison to what is out on the open market. What's to stop Clady from not reporting until game 10 or whatever?

Barring further injury he's going to get his money one way or another. He has plenty of leverage. They have far too much money invested in Manning to try and dick Clady around too much.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #222
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
So what? He doesn't have a contract. They can't fine him or anything.

What is Elway going to do...go rouse Ryan out of bed and say, "Ryan, time for work?"

Of course not.

He doesn't have to show up at all. Elway has shown that he's not above arm twisting, and my instinct says that Clady isn't either. He's made some nice dough already, and while the tender is serious cash it pales in comparison to what is out on the open market. What's to stop Clady from not reporting until game 10 or whatever?

Barring further injury he's going to get his money one way or another. He has plenty of leverage. They have far too much money invested in Manning to try and dick Clady around too much.
The Broncos offered a very nice extension last year to which Clady said "no." Glady gambled and he lost. The Broncos have a franchise tag on him and if he doesn't show up for TC, he's gonna lose a lot more money. It is what it is. Hopefully the Broncos work things out with Clady before TC.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #223
pricejj
jungle

Broncos lose nothing by tagging Clady in 2013 and 2014. It would cost them $9.83M this year and $11.8M next year.

Clady is worth every penny of the franchise tag (over the next two years) and the Broncos have the cap flexibility to do it. No reason to give Clady a longterm contract if he won't agree to deal that is beneficial to both sides.

The cap is expected to increase in 2015 anyway, so why not put it off until then? It's what I expect to happen.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #224
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Broncos lose nothing by tagging Clady in 2013 and 2014. It would cost them $9.83M this year and $11.8M next year.

Clady is worth every penny of the franchise tag (over the next two years) and the Broncos have the cap flexibility to do it. No reason to give Clady a longterm contract if he won't agree to deal that is beneficial to both sides.

The cap is expected to increase in 2015 anyway, so why not put it off until then? It's what I expect to happen.
If you're looking to not sign Clady to a long term contract,that's the way to go.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #225
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The Broncos offered a very nice extension last year to which Clady said "no." Glady gambled and he lost. The Broncos have a franchise tag on him and if he doesn't show up for TC, he's gonna lose a lot more money. It is what it is. Hopefully the Broncos work things out with Clady before TC.
Clady loses money...the Donks have to find a new left tackle whilst chasing a super bowl.

Obviously the scenario I posed is an extreme, but it's possible.

I'm with you though. I hope they work out a deal...and everyone is happy. Until, of course, the team decides not to honor it.