The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #301
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Ryan Clady: Great times in Boise this weekend for the Guerrero wedding! Back to LA now to continue working out! Hopefully be back in Denver soon! Have a great week everyone!

Not sure why this is confusing for you. Clady has a life outside of football and he's got an agent who is negotiating with the Broncos. It's the agent's job to get the contract done, not Clady's job.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #302
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

I'm kinda putoff by the fact that they have offered him a contract with $33 million guaranteed and over $10 million per year and he is turning it down. It's kinda ridiculous
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #303
g6matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
They've been working on a contract for well over a year. This is not "start high".
You're wrong they haven't had non stop talking for a year . As far as I understand they offered him one contract before last season and he turned it down. Clady went out and kicked ass last season and is saying look what I can do now pay me like I deserve. I'm not sure they offered another contract until just now so in my head he's starting high now
Old 07-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #304
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
You're wrong they haven't had non stop talking for a year . As far as I understand they offered him one contract before last season and he turned it down. Clady went out and kicked ass last season and is saying look what I can do now pay me like I deserve. I'm not sure they offered another contract until just now so in my head he's starting high now
not really, nope.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #305
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
So you're saying this is the start of negotiations between Clady and the Broncos?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #306
g6matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
So you're saying this is the start of negotiations between Clady and the Broncos?
At this time yes
Old 07-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #307
g6matty

So you think he was asking for 12 mil before last year when they offered 10? Or now because he had that great season
Old 07-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #308
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Last off season the negotiations began and this off season is an extension of the negotiations. The Broncos and Clady could not come to an agreement last off season so Clady played without an extension. They have not yet come to a long term agreement going into the 2013 season so the Broncos have put the franchise tag on Clady. If the Broncos and Clady don't come to an agreement on a long term contract before the season starts, Clady will play with the franchise tag.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #309
g6matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Last off season the negotiations began and this off season is an extension of the negotiations. The Broncos and Clady could not come to an agreement last off season so Clady played without an extension. They have not yet come to a long term agreement going into the 2013 season so the Broncos have put the franchise tag on Clady. If the Broncos and Clady don't come to an agreement on a long term contract before the season starts, Clady will play with the franchise tag.
Ok.

It can't be an extension of last years talks because he went out n had an all pro season. Whilejake long kind of set the tackle market he's not as good as clady. These negotiations have to start fresh because they're dealing with different circumstances. An all pro year BUT coming off shoulder surgery. You guys are so hung up on the fact I said starting high for god sake stay on topic were discussing cladys contract situation . The fact is if he's starting or has been asking for 12 mil he's trying to get the most he can as he should n the broncos are trying to respectfully pay him but keep the team in its best situation cap wise. I think when its all done he probably gets 11 mil a year
Old 07-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #310
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Ok.

It can't be an extension of last years talks because he went out n had an all pro season. Whilejake long kind of set the tackle market he's not as good as clady. These negotiations have to start fresh because they're dealing with different circumstances. An all pro year BUT coming off shoulder surgery. You guys are so hung up on the fact I said starting high for god sake stay on topic were discussing cladys contract situation . The fact is if he's starting or has been asking for 12 mil he's trying to get the most he can as he should n the broncos are trying to respectfully pay him but keep the team in its best situation cap wise. I think when its all done he probably gets 11 mil a year
FYI, we landed on the moon
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #311
g6matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
FYI, we landed on the moon
Thnx for the update bro
Old 07-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #312
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Thnx for the update bro
likewise
Old 07-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #313
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

HAEYE GUYZ I CAN REED N RITE GOOD TOO!
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #314
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

My source says he will sign.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #315
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Ok.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...s-sweeten-deal

Please note: Contract negotiations between the Denver Broncos and left tackle Ryan Clady resumed Monday with the team sweetening its offer. An NFL source said the Broncos improved their five-year, $50 million proposal from a year ago.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #316
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Ok.

He wanted Joe Thomas money back then. That's around 12. Long didnt really set the market by himself as it is a league wide drop in contracts for pretty much every position except QB. Those blown out contracts are getting obsolete. J Thomas would not get that money today if he was in contract negotiations.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #317
g6matty

Quote:
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...s-sweeten-deal

Please note: Contract negotiations between the Denver Broncos and left tackle Ryan Clady resumed Monday with the team sweetening its offer. An NFL source said the Broncos improved their five-year, $50 million proposal from a year ago.
Like I've been saying all a long they haven't been in constant contact. They just started back up with new goals by each side due to the new circumstances . Thanks for proving my point
Old 07-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #318
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
My source says he will sign.
My source tells me that the fax machine will eat the contract and spit it out. But at the same time, my source tells me that they put new ink in it so everything should work out.
GreatBronco16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #319
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
My source tells me that the fax machine will eat the contract and spit it out. But at the same time, my source tells me that they put new ink in it so everything should work out.
ummm, that didn't work

Last edited by bronco militia; 07-09-2013 at 12:39 PM..
Old 07-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #320
g6matty

Let me give a gander as to what bob has to say on the clady front. I'm not sure how deep his sources are in denver. Has has great ones on the east how ever
Old 07-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #321
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Like I've been saying all a long they haven't been in constant contact. They just started back up with new goals by each side due to the new circumstances . Thanks for proving my point
Point being is this process is on going, but I don't think the Broncos just tossed out the old contract and started fresh. That would be a lot of time wasted by both sides.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #322
Drunken.Broncoholic

That post is as big as a stack of T.P.S. reports.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #323
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Kinkos, always letting us down.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #324
g6matty

Quote:
Point being is this process is on going, but I don't think the Broncos just tossed out the old contract and started fresh. That would be a lot of time wasted by both sides.
I don't want to argue anymore . I guess you have a point but its almost a year old , I'm thinking they'd update the injury clauses maybe the guarenteed money n stuff
Old 07-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #325
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I don't want to argue anymore . I guess you have a point but its almost a year old , I'm thinking they'd update the injury clauses maybe the guarenteed money n stuff
fair enough