The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #276
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Pretty much everything you said to enjolras should apply to your previous post in my opinion. I mean you can't say 100% what Denver offered him either, so how can you claim it was over peanuts?
Facepalm

Because we do know what Baltimore offered him...
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #277
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Clady's side believed to be asking for 12m-plus per year, more than the Thomas deal.

Pretty wide gap between the Broncos offer to Clady and the agent's demands. Agent looking to make him highest paid LT in the league.

VIC L tweets
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #278
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Clady's side believed to be asking for 12m-plus per year, more than the Thomas deal. Not sure what the Broncos have countered with.

Vic Lombardi Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 50m

Pretty wide gap between the Broncos offer to Clady and the agent's demands. Agent looking to make him highest paid LT in the league.

https://twitter.com/viclombardi
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #279
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Clady's side believed to be asking for 12m-plus per year, more than the Thomas deal.
Makes zero sense to demand MORE than what the franchise tag amounts would cost over the next 2-3 years.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #280
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Makes zero sense to demand MORE than what the franchise tag amounts would cost over the next 2-3 years.
Not really. Both sides want a long term deal.

Elway's stated concern is Clady's shoulder post surgery. Hard to give a player all that guaranteed money without even knowing his football condition.

I don't think we will see a deal done under the deadline.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #281
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Agree. Locking him up would be nice, but it'd be even nicer to be SURE there are no lingering effects from the surgery first. And $12m a year isn't it, especially when we can just slap him again with the tag next year if necessary.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #282
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Maybe Elway has his eyes on this kid: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/s...e-agent-070813

Though, it appears he plays RT.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:07 PM   #283
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Yeah but I believe he can only be franchised this year. I could be wrong but that is what I thought.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #284
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Yeah but I believe he can only be franchised this year. I could be wrong but that is what I thought.
Even if that's the case, there's no leverage when your bid is the ceiling, you know? Someone would likely pay him that in the open market, but when you're asking to be the highest paid player in a spot, that's the ceiling.

Can easily wait to see how the shoulder reacts and if he stays healthy before offering that end of, or in, the post season.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #285
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Teams can tag a player 2 straight years I believe. Anthony spencer got tagged again this offseason. If a team steps up next offseason if hes tagged we'll get a 1st rounder?
Old 07-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #286
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Teams can tag a player 2 straight years I believe. Anthony spencer got tagged again this offseason. If a team steps up next offseason if hes tagged we'll get a 1st rounder?
I think you are right, didn't kc tag Albert twice?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #287
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
There is no limit to the number of years in a row you can use the franchise tag on one player, according to the new CBA.

The only time a team cannot franchise a guy in back to back years is if said player negotiates that specific clause into the franchise tag agreement that they sign. A few different teams have caved to the player and added such a clause just to get the player to sign and report.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #288
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...s-sweeten-deal
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #289
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Elvis chose to walk. He had a better offer on the table here. He chose not to take it.
Elvis chose to walk....really? It seems to me Denver cut him from a contract the two parties had already agreed on.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #290
Bacchus

Ryan Clady reportedly draws new offer from Broncos

While the Cincinnati Bengals are dragging their feet on a long-term contract for Michael Johnson, the Denver Broncos are making a serious effort at extending franchise player Ryan Clady's deal ahead of next Monday's deadline.
Resuming contract talks Monday, the Broncos already have improved on their five-year, $50 million offer that Clady rejected last summer, The Denver Post reported.

Clady said in February that he wasn't aiming for the richest left tackle contract in the NFL, but he does want to be compensated along the lines of Joe Thomas and Jason Peters.
Per The Post, the Broncos' latest proposal would put Clady's annual salary between those of Thomas ($11.5 million) and Peters ($10.1 million) and ahead of the contracts recently signed by Duane Brown ($8.9 million) and Jake Long ($8.5 million).
Without knowledge of the guarantees involved, it's impossible to tell if the Broncos' offer is a fair one. At the very least, it's a sign that the Broncos are serious about nailing down a long-term pact, as opposed to wielding the franchise tag at $11.79 million in 2014.
Follow Chris Wesseling on Twitter @ChrisWesseling.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...r-from-broncos
Old 07-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #291
pricejj
jungle

$12M per year? hahahahahahaha

Never gonna happen Clady. Prepare to get franchised for two years straight. Didn't anybody tell you we're trying to win a mother****ing Superbowl?

Last edited by pricejj; 07-08-2013 at 05:27 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #292
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Clady should be thrilled with that, you'd think.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #293
pricejj
jungle

If I was the Broncos, I would offer him a 5 year $10.8M per year deal (average of franchise tag over the next two years) and that's it. Take it or leave it. See ya at the start of training camp.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #294
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
$12M per year? hahahahahahaha

Never gonna happen Clady. Prepare to get franchised for two years straight. Didn't anybody tell you we're trying to win a mother****ing Superbowl?
The article I posted stated that the contract they are discussing is in between 11.5 and 10.1 million.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #295
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
If I was the Broncos, I would offer him a 5 year $10.8M per year deal (average of franchise tag over the next two years) and that's it. Take it or leave it. See ya at the start of training camp.
I think the sticking point has not beenthe yearly amount but the signing bonus. It seems the Broncos are being stingy on that money.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #296
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I think the sticking point has not beenthe yearly amount but the signing bonus. It seems the Broncos are being stingy on that money.
I heard the contract is backloaded and clady camp wants it front loaded. Makes sense to backload it when Mannings contract goes off the books and the TV contracts kick in. Clady keeps comparing himself to these other LTs, yet they are healthy I assume. He got hurt at the worst possible moment for him, and gives Elway an excuse to be stingy with the guarantees. "We have to make sure he's completely healed and healthy"
Old 07-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #297
g6matty

Ofcorse he's gonna start out high and then they'll haggle it down, I think he's worth 10.5 to 11 mil per year.win win for both sides, I'll be interested to see if they have some sort of injury clause,although he doesn't miss games he's been injured a lot. I'm ecstatic to have arguably the top tackle tandem in football. This teams played so well a lot of players are gonna demand top contracts... its gonna be hard to retain everybody. I wouldn't be opposed to let decker walk pay dt big money then draft sammy watkins next year.pull a falcons type trade to get that guy, I was a huge deandre hopkins guy but I LOVE sammy,...
Old 07-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #298
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
Ofcorse he's gonna start out high and then they'll haggle it down, I think he's worth 10.5 to 11 mil per year.win win for both sides, I'll be interested to see if they have some sort of injury clause,although he doesn't miss games he's been injured a lot. I'm ecstatic to have arguably the top tackle tandem in football. This teams played so well a lot of players are gonna demand top contracts... its gonna be hard to retain everybody. I wouldn't be opposed to let decker walk pay dt big money then draft sammy watkins next year.pull a falcons type trade to get that guy, I was a huge deandre hopkins guy but I LOVE sammy,...
They've been working on a contract for well over a year. This is not "start high".
Old 07-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #299
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Elvis chose to walk....really? It seems to me Denver cut him from a contract the two parties had already agreed on.
Well somewhat yeah he agreed with the Denver Broncos but not the current Denver Bronco front office.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #300
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Ryan Clady: Great times in Boise this weekend for the Guerrero wedding! Back to LA now to continue working out! Hopefully be back in Denver soon! Have a great week everyone!

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote