The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,413

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default I still cry like a baby when I watch this play...

Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,413

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

It doesn't look like much really... But the in context of the game, and John's career - it gets me every time.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #3
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
It doesn't look like much really... But the in context of the game, and John's career - it gets me every time.
It was huge then, the moment that it happened. It gets huger every time you look at it in context.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,413

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
It was huge then, the moment that it happened. It gets huger every time you look at it in context.
I can still remember my reaction to that play. I jumped out of my seat, hands on my head wailing in delight, looking for a wall to climb up! lol!
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #5
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,413

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

That moment carried all the years of frustration and loss in it. Every superbowl embarassment was lifted in that moment when John dove and let the world know that he was selling out for this win.

What an amazing, amazing moment.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #6
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,404

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

I do too and when Mobley knocks down the ball.....and I still get huge goosebumps.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #7
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,409
Default

I never sat down that entire game. Everyone else was watching it it the living room, i had to watch in another room. I was so stressed out. I just went in there, and only came out for big plays like this, then i would go back and pace the floor stressing.
The next year, i sat and drank and ate and enjoyed the entire ass-kicking of the falcons.
Had a great time.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #8
Kaylore
Genetically Superior
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Because I am better.

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,300

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

There should have been an offsides flag on that play. And I'm still pissed Favre wasn't called for grounding in the first quarter. That was bull.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #9
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,404

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
There should have been an offsides flag on that play. And I'm still pissed Favre wasn't called for grounding in the first quarter. That was bull.
No kidding. I have the DVD and watched it a couple of Sunday's ago. Although I know the outcome I was still b****ing about that non call and the fair catch call. But the Favre intentional grounding was so clear and blatant.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #10
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,978

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Hey we won the game Kaylore .
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #11
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
No kidding. I have the DVD and watched it a couple of Sunday's ago. Although I know the outcome I was still b****ing about that non call and the fair catch call. But the Favre intentional grounding was so clear and blatant.
Paul maguire's comments about the Pack sucking wind were hilarious. 'There's not a single bug in that whole area right now.'

Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #12
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,712

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I do too and when Mobley knocks down the ball.....and I still get huge goosebumps.
I was at a party and there was pandemonium. I had lost count of the downs, and when Mobley knocked down the pass, I was thinking there was another down. Everybody else was jumping around and I'm going "Wait a minute. Wait a minute." Finally it sunk in with my buddy yelling in my face, "It's over! It's over!"

Here was the coolest part: The party I was at was up north and I had to drive down I25 to get home. As I was passing Mile High Stadium the traffic was backed up. It was nighttime by then. As we moved around the curve, one guy started honking his horn. Then another. Then another and another and another until everybody was just banging on their horns all the way down I25 in the night as we drove past old Mile High, and we were hanging out our car windows howling like wolves. Still gives me the chills.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #13
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,093

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
There should have been an offsides flag on that play. And I'm still pissed Favre wasn't called for grounding in the first quarter. That was bull.
I still cry over the Tory James PI call in 1996
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #14
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I was at a party and there was pandemonium. I had lost count of the downs, and when Mobley knocked down the pass, I was thinking there was another down. Everybody else was jumping around and I'm going "Wait a minute. Wait a minute." Finally it sunk in with my buddy yelling in my face, "It's over! It's over!"

Here was the coolest part: The party I was at was up north and I had to drive down I25 to get home. As I was passing Mile High Stadium the traffic was backed up. It was nighttime by then. As we moved around the curve, one guy started honking his horn. Then another. Then another and another and another until everybody was just banging on their horns all the way down I25 in the night as we drove past old Mile High, and we were hanging out our car windows howling like wolves. Still gives me the chills.
Sucks that those of us who don't live in or near Denver will get to experience anything like that. But driving home from my friend's house on a snowy, silent Sunday night, after years of people telling me my favorite team would never win a SB, after being told next week was the week we're going to lose EVERY week during the playoffs, and sitting through the game with 4 Packers fans cheering every Packers play and jeering every Broncos play...yeah, it was quite satisfying.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #15
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,032

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
There should have been an offsides flag on that play. And I'm still pissed Favre wasn't called for grounding in the first quarter. That was bull.


we won, end of story
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #16
Falconer
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Falconer's Avatar
 
This day is for you

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 942
Default

That is my favorite play of all time. Elway looked at where he needed to get, and gave it his all to get there.
Falconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #17
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,546

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #18
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,546

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

^ Due to thread title, had to

...That doesn't fall under "hate speech" or whatever new rule, does it?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #19
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I was unsure of the game til that play and thought we are going to win this game now. In reality we should of blown Green Bay out and was a little nervous after the Elway pick and Louville fumble that we pissed away opportunity but everything played out perfectly.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #20
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
^ Due to thread title, had to

...That doesn't fall under "hate speech" or whatever new rule, does it?
Oh Rev, your tomfoolery knows no limit.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #21
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,546

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Oh Rev, your tomfoolery knows no limit.
Hold me closer, tiny dancer.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #22
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Beyond classic, so perfect to pull an unforgettable Elway highlight from a game with just what, 120 passing yards?

Love love love that '97 team. Everybody says '98 was the best, but for me it's '97 hands down. Started with the massive monkey still on our backs, the Jacksonville wounds fresh, odd new uniforms. We still had Zimmerman, led the league in total offense and points scored, and nothing will ever compare to that playoff run.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #23
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer
 
i4jelway7's Avatar
 
Thread Killer

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,168

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I can still remember my reaction to that play. I jumped out of my seat, hands on my head wailing in delight, looking for a wall to climb up! lol!
that was my exact reaction
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #24
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,069

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Soooooooooooo glad i was old enough to remember that play, the Mobely play, the game!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #25
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer
 
i4jelway7's Avatar
 
Thread Killer

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,168

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Beyond classic, so perfect to pull an unforgettable Elway highlight from a game with just what, 120 passing yards?

Love love love that '97 team. Everybody says '98 was the best, but for me it's '97 hands down. Started with the massive monkey still on our backs, the Jacksonville wounds fresh, odd new uniforms. We still had Zimmerman, led the league in total offense and points scored, and nothing will ever compare to that playoff run.

well if you all want to relive the playoff run you need to check out the last few pages of this thread... the putlocker links work

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101930

Last edited by i4jelway7; 05-18-2012 at 02:48 PM..
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:46 AM.


Denver Broncos