The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 05:14 AM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,774

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default Pioli goes 'KCStud' says Chiefs have three good QBs, didn’t need to draft one

Scott Pioli doesn’t like it when you question his draft



Posted by Michael David Smith on May 17, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT


Kansas City wanted to sign Peyton Manning this offseason, and when that didn’t work out, there was some talk that the Chiefs might draft a quarterback in the first round. That didn’t happen either, however, and Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli says that’s fine, because the Chiefs don’t need a quarterback.

According to Pioli, starter Matt Cassel and backups Brady Quinn and Ricky Stanzi have the Chiefs well positioned at the most important position.

“I think that we have a really good quarterback,” Pioli said on WHB in Kansas City, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “I think we have three good quarterbacks. I think the guy who’s set to be our starting quarterback is a good quarterback, he’s a good starting NFL quarterback. . . . I think as he gets more opportunities, Matt is gonna continue to show people that he’s a good NFL quarterback. It’s interesting. I’ve been out and about town with my family, and I talk to fans, you talk to fans, you hear different things, and there’s a lot of times where I hear from people — there’s people out there that don’t understand the criticism of Matt, or this growing groundswell in pockets of Matt allegedly not being a good enough quarterback.”

Cassel didn’t look like a really good quarterback last season, but Pioli remains convinced that he is one, and he also believes Quinn and Stanzi are capable. And he said using a first-round pick on a quarterback this year would have been a mistake.

“I think we would’ve been reaching,” Pioli said. “By the time we made our first pick there were three quarterbacks off the board.”

Pioli and Kevin Kietzman of WHB got a little testy with each other as Kietzman pressed Pioli about why the Chiefs couldn’t have traded up in the draft, with Pioli at one point asking, “Are you going to let me answer?” when he felt Kietzman was interrupting him, and Pioli zinging Kietzman with, “I hope you become general manager of the Denver Broncos” when Kietzman told Pioli that he would have traded the Chiefs’ entire draft to move up and take Andrew Luck first overall. Pioli doesn’t seem to like the relentless questions from some in Kansas City about whether the Chiefs can win with Cassel.

And Pioli surely knows that the questions will not go away until the Chiefs do win with Cassel. So Pioli just has to hope he’s right that Cassel is a really good quarterback.



http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-to-draft-one/
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2012, 05:41 AM   #2
HILife
Ring of Famer
 
HILife's Avatar
 
Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC - NOVA - DMV - VA - Take your pick
Posts: 4,548
Default

LMAO LMAO LMFAO!!!!

It's true, it's on the Mane.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #3
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,174
Default

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #4
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,774

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I has teh Lulz now
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:37 AM   #5
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,517

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #6
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Like a big bag of mashed up azz holes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #7
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I has teh Lulz now
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #8
Black96WS6
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Black96WS6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pioli
“I think that we have a really good quarterback,” Pioli said on WHB in Kansas City

Black96WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #9
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,368

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Scott Pioli doesn’t like it when you question his draft



Posted by Michael David Smith on May 17, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT


Kansas City wanted to sign Peyton Manning this offseason, and when that didn’t work out, there was some talk that the Chiefs might draft a quarterback in the first round. That didn’t happen either, however, and Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli says that’s fine, because the Chiefs don’t need a quarterback.

According to Pioli, starter Matt Cassel and backups Brady Quinn and Ricky Stanzi have the Chiefs well positioned at the most important position.

“I think that we have a really good quarterback,” Pioli said on WHB in Kansas City, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “I think we have three good quarterbacks. I think the guy who’s set to be our starting quarterback is a good quarterback, he’s a good starting NFL quarterback. . . . I think as he gets more opportunities, Matt is gonna continue to show people that he’s a good NFL quarterback. It’s interesting. I’ve been out and about town with my family, and I talk to fans, you talk to fans, you hear different things, and there’s a lot of times where I hear from people — there’s people out there that don’t understand the criticism of Matt, or this growing groundswell in pockets of Matt allegedly not being a good enough quarterback.”

Cassel didn’t look like a really good quarterback last season, but Pioli remains convinced that he is one, and he also believes Quinn and Stanzi are capable. And he said using a first-round pick on a quarterback this year would have been a mistake.

“I think we would’ve been reaching,” Pioli said. “By the time we made our first pick there were three quarterbacks off the board.”

Pioli and Kevin Kietzman of WHB got a little testy with each other as Kietzman pressed Pioli about why the Chiefs couldn’t have traded up in the draft, with Pioli at one point asking, “Are you going to let me answer?” when he felt Kietzman was interrupting him, and Pioli zinging Kietzman with, “I hope you become general manager of the Denver Broncos” when Kietzman told Pioli that he would have traded the Chiefs’ entire draft to move up and take Andrew Luck first overall. Pioli doesn’t seem to like the relentless questions from some in Kansas City about whether the Chiefs can win with Cassel.

And Pioli surely knows that the questions will not go away until the Chiefs do win with Cassel. So Pioli just has to hope he’s right that Cassel is a really good quarterback.



http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-to-draft-one/
If they were satisfied with their QB situation, they wouldn't have gone after Manning...simple as that. Matter of fact, if it weren't for Cassel's contract, they would prolly cut him and would have drafted a QB.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #10
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,922

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

This was said in February. Reaching for straws I see
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #11
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 20,767
Default

Well there you go
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #12
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
This was said in February. Reaching for straws I see
Is your name Christopher in RL, by chance?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #13
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,249

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
If they were satisfied with their QB situation, they wouldn't have gone after Manning...simple as that. Matter of fact, if it weren't for Cassel's contract, they would prolly cut him and would have drafted a QB.
Yep. $60m wasted but by God Pioli is gonna prove he was worth it! Even if Cassel has a decent year that's $60m for one good year?

I guess you can't fix stupid.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #14
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer
 
Bigdawg26's Avatar
 
Just let it happen!!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,979

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Scott Pioli doesn’t like it when you question his draft



Posted by Michael David Smith on May 17, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT


Kansas City wanted to sign Peyton Manning this offseason, and when that didn’t work out, there was some talk that the Chiefs might draft a quarterback in the first round. That didn’t happen either, however, and Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli says that’s fine, because the Chiefs don’t need a quarterback.

According to Pioli, starter Matt Cassel and backups Brady Quinn and Ricky Stanzi have the Chiefs well positioned at the most important position.

“I think that we have a really good quarterback,” Pioli said on WHB in Kansas City, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “I think we have three good quarterbacks. I think the guy who’s set to be our starting quarterback is a good quarterback, he’s a good starting NFL quarterback. . . . I think as he gets more opportunities, Matt is gonna continue to show people that he’s a good NFL quarterback. It’s interesting. I’ve been out and about town with my family, and I talk to fans, you talk to fans, you hear different things, and there’s a lot of times where I hear from people — there’s people out there that don’t understand the criticism of Matt, or this growing groundswell in pockets of Matt allegedly not being a good enough quarterback.”

Cassel didn’t look like a really good quarterback last season, but Pioli remains convinced that he is one, and he also believes Quinn and Stanzi are capable. And he said using a first-round pick on a quarterback this year would have been a mistake.

“I think we would’ve been reaching,” Pioli said. “By the time we made our first pick there were three quarterbacks off the board.”

Pioli and Kevin Kietzman of WHB got a little testy with each other as Kietzman pressed Pioli about why the Chiefs couldn’t have traded up in the draft, with Pioli at one point asking, “Are you going to let me answer?” when he felt Kietzman was interrupting him, and Pioli zinging Kietzman with, “I hope you become general manager of the Denver Broncos” when Kietzman told Pioli that he would have traded the Chiefs’ entire draft to move up and take Andrew Luck first overall. Pioli doesn’t seem to like the relentless questions from some in Kansas City about whether the Chiefs can win with Cassel.

And Pioli surely knows that the questions will not go away until the Chiefs do win with Cassel. So Pioli just has to hope he’s right that Cassel is a really good quarterback.



http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-to-draft-one/
he makes the division so much easier!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #15
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,368

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
This was said in February. Reaching for straws I see
If it was said in Feb then why were they going after Manning??
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #16
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,977

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
This was said in February. Reaching for straws I see
I thought I told you to knock it off. You're the only one reaching for straws and giving us all a good chuckle in the meantime.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #17
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,249

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

If I was Pioli, this is what I would have done this offseason with Cassel: I would have asked him to restructure his contract, that is, I would have asked him to take a lot less money.

If he said "no." then I would have said "fine Matt, fine."

Then I would have drafted Weedon.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #18
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,774

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
This was said in February. Reaching for straws I see


Did the draft happen in February?



Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:12 PM   #19
McD more rings than Elway
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

The last time the Queefs drafted a quarterback in the first round was 1983.

  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #20
ClamChowdah
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Pioli is just another guy who got rich living off of Bill Belichick.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #21
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,620

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Cassel is a decent starter (same thing I said about Orton), no more than that. Of course, that is putting him and Orton into perspective with the perennial avg to below avg guys like Matt Moore, Tarvaris, Kolb, Fitzpatrick, Campbell, etc, etc.

He's a guy just like Orton, decent if everything else is great, but certainly you want to upgrade. Hence all those people Pioli is hoping will just go away and leave him and Cassel alone.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #22
McD more rings than Elway
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClamChowdah View Post
Pioli is just another guy who got rich living off of Bill Belichick.
Are you excited about Belichick joining forces again with Josh McDaniels?

When Belichick retires, McDaniels is going to continue the Patriots dynasty just like Belichick built upon the greatness that Bill Parcells started.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #23
McD more rings than Elway
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Cassel is a decent starter (same thing I said about Orton), no more than that. Of course, that is putting him and Orton into perspective with the perennial avg to below avg guys like Matt Moore, Tarvaris, Kolb, Fitzpatrick, Campbell, etc, etc.

He's a guy just like Orton, decent if everything else is great, but certainly you want to upgrade. Hence all those people Pioli is hoping will just go away and leave him and Cassel alone.
Decent starter my ass. Cassel is a steaming pile of ****.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #24
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,774

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClamChowdah View Post
Pioli is just another guy who got rich living off of Bill Belichick.








Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #25
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,374

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

just wait to one of them leaves a wrapper laying around the facilities!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Denver Broncos