The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
Hartley
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default So...Will NFL/Football get banned?

(All kidding aside, i have the utmost respect for Junior Seau and wish the best upon his friends and family)

As we all know Junior Seau took is own life due to the many years of suffering that he endured while playing the brutal game of football. He was unable to live a normal life outside of football (and it is amazing that he even survived playing it). We should blame ourselves the fans for the death of Seau and others who have suffered severe brain damage due to the concussions received while trying to live paycheck to paycheck.

Football is an evil corporation who promotes unfair competition between struggling Americans who are nothing more that gloried gladiators who must act of every whim of... Of you you ask.. well the FANS obviously.

Other Than the greedy old white guy owners and their fatcat lifestyles, the football fans are really to blame. They want harder hits, more blood, more sacrifice, more brutality in the name of mere entertainment. It's disgusting! Football should not be allowed to exist in its current form, if not banned entirely.

Am i right? or am i right?

(even more)
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/a...th-risk-051512

- satire off -

If there is one thing i have noticed as a member of this forum, it is that from even the most liberal NFL fan to the most conservative NFL fan. We respect the game, we respect its history, we are certainly advocates for promotion of safety, but we can see right through this phony media attempt which could indirectly destroy the game that we know and love.

My question is even though the NFL is America's most popular sport, and there are more fans for it than any other, if everyone one of us stood up together and said "enough is enough". Would it make a difference? Can the media gin up enough controversy and arouse a public outrage over the sport? And will that outrage be enough to render the NFL into a flag football league... or banned entirely?

My question is how much weight do you think this new (NFL=BAD) media template will carry?

Last edited by Hartley; 05-17-2012 at 09:54 AM..
Hartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley View Post
(All kidding aside, i have the utmost respect for Junior Seau and wish the best upon his friends and family)

As we all know Junior Seau took is own life due to the many years of suffering that he endured while playing the brutal game of football. He was unable to live a normal life outside of football (and it is amazing that he even survived playing it). We should blame ourselves the fans for the death of Seau and others who have suffered severe brain damage due to the concussions received while trying to live paycheck to paycheck.

Football is an evil corporation who promotes unfair competition between struggling Americans who are nothing more that gloried gladiators who must act of every whim of... Of you you ask.. well the FANS obviously.

Other Than the greedy old white guy owners and their fatcat lifestyles, the football fans are really to blame. They want harder hits, more blood, more sacrifice, more brutality in the name of mere entertainment. It's disgusting! Football should not be allowed to exist in its current form, if not banned entirely.

(even more)

- satire off -

If there is one thing i have noticed as a member of this forum, it is that from even the most liberal tree hugging hippie NFL fan to the most tea bagging conservative NFL fan. We respect the game, we respect its history, we are certainly advocates for promotion of safety, but we can see right through this phony media attempt to destroy the game that we know and love.

My question is even though the NFL is America's most popular sport, and there are more fans for it than any other, if everyone one of us stood up together and said "enough is enough". Would it make a difference? Can the media gin up enough controversy and arouse a public outrage over the sport? And will that outrage be enough to render the NFL into a flag football league... or banned entirely?

My question is how much weight do you think this new (NFL=BAD) media template will carry?
We don't KNOW this yet, do we? Speculation.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
but we can see right through this phony media attempt to destroy the game that we know and love.

It's not an attempt to destroy the game. This is not a conspiracy. The world doesn't work like that.

This is just an attempt to drum up another sustainable story line. $$$ That's what this is about.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:

(even more)

- satire off -

If there is one thing i have noticed as a member of this forum, it is that from even the most liberal tree hugging hippie NFL fan to the most tea bagging conservative NFL fan. We respect the game, we respect its history, we are certainly advocates for promotion of safety, but we can see right through this phony media attempt to destroy the game that we know and love.

My question is even though the NFL is America's most popular sport, and there are more fans for it than any other. However, even if everyone one of us stood up together and said "enough is enough". Would it make a difference? Can the media gin up enough controversy and arouse a public outrage over the sport? And will that outrage be enough to render the NFL into a flag football league... or banned entirely?

tea bagging? really?? conservative aren't tea baggers. that's a gay thing and 99.9% of gays are liberals.

"tea party" is not the same as "tea bagging". to equate them is a smear of the sort i would only expect from far lefties like Colbert, Letterman, Stewart, and that gay guy on CNN who started the smear in the first place.

that term really should be banned here. or at least only allowed in WPR. it's a deliberate vulgar insult and it very much goes against the new forum rules.

i debated whether i should post this, but it needs to be said. if certain people want to use terms like this solely to divide the forum, then TJ and the mods should think long and hard about what the consequences will be. here's a hint... it won't lead to more civil discussions here.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #5
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
tea bagging? really?? conservative aren't tea baggers. that's a gay thing and 99.9% of gays are liberals.

"tea party" is not the same as "tea bagging". to equate them is a smear of the sort i would only expect from far lefties like Colbert, Letterman, Stewart, and that gay guy on CNN who started the smear in the first place.

that term really should be banned here. or at least only allowed in WPR. it's a deliberate vulgar insult and it very much goes against the new forum rules.

i debated whether i should post this, but it needs to be said. if certain people want to use terms like this solely to divide the forum, then TJ and the mods should think long and hard about what the consequences will be. here's a hint... it won't lead to more civil discussions here.
Wait, I'm confused.

Are you or are you not a tea bagger?
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #6
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I think we can see that over the years (especially recently), the rules are changed each year to reduce the violence and promote player safety - even at the cost of "fairness." So, that's fine, the game will live on in a less violent state, and we will remember the "good old days" with leather helmets and such. Football is still the best game on the planet.

So, the sport will continue to change (for safety reasons), but it should still be going strong in the decades to come.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #7
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Everyone knows the serious consequences that comes with playing football. It's a choice to play that sport. Every sport is fairly dangerous with the exception of maybe golf. Even then you can suffer injuries. We take risks every day just by getting into our cars etc. All we can do is try to make things as safe as possible.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #8
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
Wait, I'm confused.

I've never actually tea bagged anyone...
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #9
Hartley
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
We don't KNOW this yet, do we? Speculation.
correct
Old 05-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #10
Gort
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
Wait, I'm confused.

ok, i'll play your game. but you answer first...

are you a felcher or not?
Old 05-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #11
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

"As we all know Junior Seau took is own life due to the many years of suffering that he endured while playing the brutal game of football. "

This has not, nor is it a fact. But's let's assume it is:

No. There might be changes, but these guys will play regardless.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #12
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:

Pretty sure Steve Colbert is on the right.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #13
Drunken.Broncoholic

Are cigarettes banned? They would never ban it, all you gotta do it throw a warning sign on the helmet.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #14
Drunken.Broncoholic

Tea bagging has to do with scrotum sacs. I find it offensive that the mods ban someone for using the term "fool" yet the term "tea bagging" is glaring on these pages. I don't want to know about anyone's ball sac hangin or sitting in a facial region.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #15
Gort
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife View Post
Pretty sure Steve Colbert is on the right.
no he's not. he's a big liberal and big Obama supporter. his show on Comedy Central is intended as a parody of Bill O'Reilly's show on Fox. it's intended to mock O'Reilly, and by extension all non-liberals. much like Carol O'Connor, who was a big liberal, portrayed Archie Bunker as a mock-worthy caricature of a non-liberal back in the 70's on All in the Family.

i actually don't care about peoples' politics on here so long as they keep it in WPR and not the main football forums. but i won't sit by and see people intentionally use insulting vulgar terms to refer to Tea Party rally attendees (of which my 72-year old father was one), without saying something about it. i don't know if the OP intended to be insulting, but he certainly would not use that term if he didn't know 1) what it means, and 2) that it was a deliberate insult, and 3) is not a term of endearment.

Last edited by Gort; 05-17-2012 at 10:26 AM..
Old 05-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #16
Drunken.Broncoholic

Colbert is about as left as you can get.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #17
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
no he's not. he's a big liberal and big Obama supporter. his show on Comedy Central is intended as a parody of Bill O'Reilly's show on Fox. it's intended to mock O'Reilly, and by extension all non-liberals. much like Carol O'Connor, who was a big liberal, portrayed Archie Bunker as a mock-worthy caricature of a non-liberal back in the 70's on All in the Family.

i actually don't care about peoples' politics on here so long as they keep it in WPR and not the main football forums. but i won't sit by and see people intentionally use insulting vulgar terms to refer to Tea Party rally attendees (of which my 72-year old father was one), without saying something about it. i don't know if the OP intended to be insulting, but he certainly would not use that term if he didn't know 1) what it means, and 2) that it was a deliberate insult, and 3) is not a term of endearment.
Exactly...he's a complete liberal making fun of conservatives the entire show.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #18
Hartley
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I had no idea that the use of my absent minded use of a term would derail this thread to such an extent. Oh well..OrangeMane for the win!
Old 05-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #19
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

No. They never stopped boxing. That has made people stupid since forever.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #20
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Mayweather doesn't get hit and he's still stupid. Can you imagine how bad he would be later in life if he took a bunch of haymakers to the face?
Old 05-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #21
Hartley
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I hope that you are right, and suspect that you are.

However, I am quite ignorant to vast majority of boxing history, has the sport ever been attacked in the same way like (i.e. how can we make it safer by pulling punches? ect.)
Old 05-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #22
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Some would say they were stupid even before hand.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #23
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
I hope that you are right, and suspect that you are.

However, I am quite ignorant to vast majority of boxing history, has the sport ever been attacked in the same way like (i.e. how can we make it safer by pulling punches? ect.)
The NFL was attacked by government in the 50's because of the brutal injuries...which led to pads and helmets.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #24
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Quote:
I had no idea that the use of my absent minded use of a term would derail this thread to such an extent. Oh well..OrangeMane for the win!
Conservatives/republicans are more vocal now - thank Obama for that. I shudder to think where we would be if McCain had been elected and done nearly the same things as President FoodStamp has done.
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #25
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:

That is what tea partiers are called by most who do not support their idioci....err I mean idealogy. Cracks me up when someone gets all riled up over a play on a name against something they support but have no problem doing it to someone they don't. I know, I know, you've NEVER done it. Thanks for the chuckle....and we'll see what TJ and the mods decide.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote