The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2012, 07:02 AM   #1
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Default Cutler/Bates bro-fest heating up in Chi-town

Good Morning, Broncos fans! The bro-fest continues with the reunion of J-Cutty and Jeremy Bates in Chicago. These two guys are so smitten with themselves and each other that they're actually starting to look alike ( http://www.trbimg.com/img-4fb03de6/t...120514-001/600 ).

Dan Pompei wrote a big fluff piece ( http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...4818462.column ) on the two for the Sun-Times on Sunday, replete with plenty of bro-love and mythicizing of Cutler's 2008 season. You all remember that grand year, yeah?

'Twas the greatest season in the history of offensive football. (Finishing 2nd in yards and 16th in points that year qualifies, right?)

You know, the one where they scored 114 in their first three games before averaging under 20 points for the next 13, and blew a three-game lead in the AFC West with three games left to play. You know, when Jay threw 18 picks including several in the end zone, and had the lowest TD% of his career?

Well, apparently it was a magical season for these two bros, and they're all giddy about reproducing that greatness this year in Chicago. At least John Mullin ( http://www.csnchicago.com/football-c...2&feedID=10330 ) knows the truth, and isn't perpetuating the 2008 myth or participating in the fluffery.

In other news, Jay took Kristin home to Nashville last weekend for a giant bro convention ( http://bustedcoverage.com/2012/05/14...lechase-photo/ ), and he accepts that concussions are a part of the game ( http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2012...ion_conce.html ).

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...y-lard-5-15-12

The mythical 2008 season.

Last edited by TonyR; 05-15-2012 at 08:08 AM..
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
delany
Uber Bronco

Thanks for posting this Bronco Rob.
delany is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Well, okay. We have Peyton Manning. But even that can't take the sting out the fact that we should have had a franchise quarterback for at least another 8 to 10+ years instead of 2 to 3. So i guess this is how some deal with that.

It will be a very long time, if it happens at all, before someone ****s a franchise the way McDaniels did.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #4
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Socal disapproves of this thread. Not enough Bowlen bashing or Cutler Cuddling.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #5
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Jay Cutler is Jeff George 2.0

Both are talented but spoiled brat head cases......having said that I wonder what might (offensively) have been had he and Josh been able to co-exist......
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #6
Black96WS6
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post

Both are talented but spoiled brat head cases......having said that I wonder what might (offensively) have been had he and Josh been able to co-exist......

Black96WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #7
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Socal disapproves of this thread. Not enough Bowlen bashing or Cutler Cuddling.
I can never have enough Cutler cuddling. (I'm going to get blasted for that line, shortly).

I'm very excited to see Jay back with Jeremy Bates and Marshall. Drafting Alshon Jeffrey was great, too. I have to read that Dan Pompei article..I LOVE Jay fluff pieces, that is awesome!

Seriously, that is going to be a great team. I look forward to watching alot of their games. You don't want any part of this, Green Bay!
Old 05-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #8
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

DaBeerzz offensive line is still somewhat questionable. I'm not sure why they haven't addressed this issue in the draft or FA. I mean, how hard is it to beef up your oline? Aside from a blue chip LT, it ain't expensive.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #9
Punisher
Styling And Profiling!

Running Wild in the AFC WOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

Cutler, Bates , Marshall, Run Game and a defense..... Yea
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:20 AM   #10
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I can never have enough Cutler cuddling. (I'm going to get blasted for that line, shortly).

I'm very excited to see Jay back with Jeremy Bates and Marshall. Drafting Alshon Jeffrey was great, too. I have to read that Dan Pompei article..I LOVE Jay fluff pieces, that is awesome!

Seriously, that is going to be a great team. I look forward to watching alot of their games. You don't want any part of this, Green Bay!
You should just switch teams to the bears. Get a Cutler Jersey, defend that POS Marshall, etc. GB is going to beat them down along with Detroit.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #11
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Arguably dabeerz are still the least talented of the 3 teams--GB, Detroit and Chicago. But I'm not too sure about Detroit, they seem like a talented team full of big egos and if their QB goes down (he's kind of a baby anyway) then they are out.

GB's defense is suspect but if Aaron Rogers is on has game they are tough to beat.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #12
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Typical SoCal post:

"I love Jay Cutler. I love Brandon Marshall, a horrible human being, because he and Cutler play together. I love Bates. I love and root for the Bears."

"**** Pat Bowlen. John Elway is an idiot. I want the Broncos to lose and play poorly because then Bowlen won't be happy. I'm going to pretend Bowlen made Shanny a ****ty GM to justify my burning hatred for Bowlen after he fired my favorite coach."

"I am a 'Broncos fan,' no, seriously!"

Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #13
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
You should just switch teams to the bears. Get a Cutler Jersey, defend that POS Marshall, etc. GB is going to beat them down along with Detroit.
What he said
Old 05-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #14
Powderaddict

Isn't that cute.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #15
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:

I can never have enough Cutler cuddling....so need a Socal man crush smiley...
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #16
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Yeah... we have Manning now.

Would you trade Manning for Cutler?
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #17
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Would the Broncos even have been in the Manning sweepstakes if not for the Cutler debacle?

Hmm...
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #18
Toshiro Takashi

Quote:
Old 05-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #19
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
Well, okay. We have Peyton Manning. But even that can't take the sting out the fact that we should have had a franchise douchebag for at least another 8 to 10+ years instead of 2 to 3. So i guess this is how some deal with that.
Fixed it for you.
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #20
Shananahan

Quote:

How the mighty have fallen.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #21
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Good Morning, Broncos fans! The bro-fest continues with the reunion of J-Cutty and Jeremy Bates in Chicago. These two guys are so smitten with themselves and each other that they're actually starting to look alike ( http://www.trbimg.com/img-4fb03de6/t...120514-001/600 ).

Dan Pompei wrote a big fluff piece ( http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...4818462.column ) on the two for the Sun-Times on Sunday, replete with plenty of bro-love and mythicizing of Cutler's 2008 season. You all remember that grand year, yeah?

'Twas the greatest season in the history of offensive football. (Finishing 2nd in yards and 16th in points that year qualifies, right?)

You know, the one where they scored 114 in their first three games before averaging under 20 points for the next 13, and blew a three-game lead in the AFC West with three games left to play. You know, when Jay threw 18 picks including several in the end zone, and had the lowest TD% of his career?

Well, apparently it was a magical season for these two bros, and they're all giddy about reproducing that greatness this year in Chicago. At least John Mullin ( http://www.csnchicago.com/football-c...2&feedID=10330 ) knows the truth, and isn't perpetuating the 2008 myth or participating in the fluffery.

In other news, Jay took Kristin home to Nashville last weekend for a giant bro convention ( http://bustedcoverage.com/2012/05/14...lechase-photo/ ), and he accepts that concussions are a part of the game ( http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2012...ion_conce.html ).

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...y-lard-5-15-12

The mythical 2008 season.
Wow, I live in Chicagoland, get the Trib every day and watch the local news and yet I don't think I have seen a more comprehensive coverage about Cutler anywhere other than this thread.

Well done for a non-bear fan and all...
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #22
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Wow, I live in Chicagoland, get the Trib every day and watch the local news and yet I don't think I have seen a more comprehensive coverage about Cutler anywhere other than this thread.

Well done for a non-bear fan and all...
I actually stole it all from the very last link in my post (assuming you're referring to me and not the source I linked).
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #23
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This makes me want to purchase some pink slacks, visor, and sunglass strap
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #24
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
He already has the jerseys and defended Marshall. We are just waiting for him to go Atlas on us. Him and Atlas are the only people I know that has a Redskin jersey with the #1 on it and the name Shanahan on the back.

Cutler lost his lovebro tight end so he needed to find another one to cuddle with for the upcoming season. But, once again, Cutlerfan6 was left out in the cold. Once he comes back, he will get that interview with Jay that we have been waiting for 4 years now.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #25
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post

If they could have co-existed.. I am willing to bet that McD would still be coaching the Broncos.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote