The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
SumTingWong
Just Drafted

Default Minicamp video report

This covers the 1st day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIE2SM9AsfA&feature=plcp

Now that Brock has corrected his low release point and he's getting better velocity and accuracy on his throws I think he'll be a better qb in the long run than both Luck and RG3. Although Griffins speed really intrigues me particularly if Shanny gets creative with him.

Last edited by SumTingWong; 05-12-2012 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: removed failed embedding hypertext
SumTingWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

We are getting WAY too over the top on Osweiler... in both the positive and negative directions.

Lots of absurd claims from both sides of the fence that I guarantee people weren't making pre-draft day.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingWong View Post
Now that Brock has corrected his low release point and he's getting better velocity and accuracy on his throws I think he'll be a better qb in the long run than both Luck and RG3.
Wow!!
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

We should just trade Manning for a GM - Osweiller is a win now QB
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
SumTingWong
Just Drafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
We are getting WAY too over the top on Osweiler... in both the positive and negative directions.

Lots of absurd claims from both sides of the fence that I guarantee people weren't making pre-draft day.
What's wrong with having a little FAITH Reverend?
Old 05-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #6
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
What's wrong with having a little FAITH Reverend?
A little faith is one thing, outright delusion is another. Let's just hope he progresses into the next level smoothly before comparing success with Luck
Old 05-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #7
SumTingWong
Just Drafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
We should just trade Manning for a GM - Osweiller is a win now QB
Slow down a bit there darkhorse!

I agree with you that Brock, in time, will likely be better than Peyton but for the next year or two Manning will probably be the superior quarterback. It'll take at least that long for Oz to get up to his full potential. After that it's Katey bar the door on the kid-- unlimited potential is what I've been hearing.

I like your enthusiasm though. Just pepper it with a touch of realism and we'll be on the same page my friend!
Old 05-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #8
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #9
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe

Formerly known as mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Quote:
This covers the 1st day.

Now that Brock has corrected his low release point and he's getting better velocity and accuracy on his throws I think he'll be a better qb in the long run than both Luck and RG3. Although Griffins speed really intrigues me particularly if Shanny gets creative with him.

WOW! That's a bold, 1% minority right there.
Swedish Extrovert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #10
Swedish Extrovert

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Quote:

I agree with you that Brock, in time, will likely be better than Peyton but for the next year or two Manning will probably be the superior quarterback. It'll take at least that long for Oz to get up to his full potential. After that it's Katey bar the door on the kid-- unlimited potential is what I've been hearing.

I like your enthusiasm though. Just pepper it with a touch of realism and we'll be on the same page my friend!
You realize that Peyton is currently the 3rd all-time passer behind Favre and Marino?
Old 05-12-2012, 01:37 PM   #11
SumTingWong
Just Drafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
A little faith is one thing, outright delusion is another. Let's just hope he progresses into the next level smoothly before comparing success with Luck
I was where you are now not too long ago. Trying hard not to get too excited over Brock. Then I stumbled onto the Gruden video and saw how much he was gushing over him. And how Brock had a nice smile and some good old fashioned fast talking for any questions asked of him

Seemed to me it was destiny that Elway drafted him. Because when you look at Brock with that rare combination of arm strength, size, mobility, handsomeness and power what qb first comes to mind---

Elway of course!

My suggestion to ya is to pop a steaming bowl of popcorn with your favorite seasonings, take a Dr Pepper out of the fridge then sit down and watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpKGM9FCyxg

Then you'll be one of us.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #12
SumTingWong
Just Drafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
You realize that Peyton is currently the 3rd all-time passer behind Favre and Marino?
Yeah, that's why I was trying to calm down darkhorse.

Brock's gonna be a great one but it'll take hard work and at least a couple of years before he can be talked at as equal to the top boys.

Nothing comes easy in life.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #13
Cmac821
Harden by loss

Can't wait for next year

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fox Mulder

can't stand the number choice, should have chose a different one
Cmac821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #14
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I was where you are now not too long ago. Trying hard not to get too excited over Brock. Then I stumbled onto the Gruden video and saw how much he was gushing over him. And how Brock had a nice smile and some good old fashioned fast talking for any questions asked of him

Seemed to me it was destiny that Elway drafted him. Because when you look at Brock with that rare combination of arm strength, size, mobility, handsomeness and power what qb first comes to mind---

Elway of course!

My suggestion to ya is to pop a steaming bowl of popcorn with your favorite seasonings, take a Dr Pepper out of the fridge then sit down and watch this...

Gruden gushes over every player he talks to. If Bobo the clown was wearing a jersey Gruden would proclaim him the next great NFL prospect.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #15
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Elway of course!

Dude WTF?! Gruden gushes about every QB!!! Even 4th-6th rounders!!! And now you are comparing him to Elway?! Dude... did you take your morning pills?!

Please don't turn into the next McGruder or Jhinz!!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #16
SumTingWong
Just Drafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Gruden gushes over every player he talks to. If Bobo the clown was wearing a jersey Gruden would proclaim him the next great NFL prospect.
Yes, but its the WAY he gushes with Brock that makes all the difference!

Gruden reserves that rare and difficult to obtain, SUPER GUSHER when he praises Oz. I'm talking about a Washington Monument sized oil well-- a hey Ma look no hands-- a good golly back up and take this Miss Molly moment, a supreme explosion of an ejaculating gusher.

THATS what Gruden gave to Brock.

Compared to the GUSHER Brock received the others just got a meager trickle, nothing better than a sad drip drop type of reaction from big John.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #17
SumTingWong
Just Drafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Dude WTF?! Gruden gushes about every QB!!! Even 4th-6th rounders!!! And now you are comparing him to Elway?! Dude... did you take your morning pills?!

Please don't turn into the next McGruder or Jhinz!!!
I know there are words somewhere that you have written.

And these words have some meaning I'm sure.

but when I read your posts I become hypnotized...

...4 young supple and ripe for the plucking behinds tease me and gyrate (GULP)...

then they gyrate some more (GULP)...

Old 05-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #18
Stuck in Cali

After a few years behind Manning, learning the offence and NFL in general. Brock could become an amazing QB.
But just like any other rookie, everything is opinion/speculation on how well any will do.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #19
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:

Elway of course!

I can not find the ignore feature soon enough... Serious douche, better than Manning and he has not taken a single snap in the pros. GTFO
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #20
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!

Quote:

He was being sarcastic!
OrangeCrush2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #21
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

He still has poor footwork. He is not stepping into his throws at all in that video.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #22
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!

Quote:
I was where you are now not too long ago. Trying hard not to get too excited over Brock. [B]Then I stumbled onto the Gruden video and saw how much he was gushing over him.[/B] And how Brock had a nice smile and some good old fashioned fast talking for any questions asked of him

Elway of course!

It's funny 2 people watch the same thing and get two polar opposite views. I thought watching it, he wasn't ready to come out to the NFL. One more year was going to really help him out. I thought he came out too "Hollywood Handsome," on the Gruden show, almost like when he comes to the NFL he is satisfied that he has made it, regardless of what he amounts to. I thought he didn't know how hard he has to work to be good in the NFL, almost stating I'm going to prove them wrong bc I have the cutest dimples. He reminded me a lot like Linearts personality. Watching the limited film on him, he didn't read through his progressions. He only looked at 1 WR the entire play. He dissapeared and played poorly when his team was down. The only thing I was impressed was he stepped up in his throws with the defender in his face.

Saying that, this is only my opinion of him. I didnt watch game film like the Broncos did. I'm sure the Broncos did their hw and know that he has a drive to be great in the NFL. And I'm glad we drafted him, bc he does have potential.
OrangeCrush2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #23
Paladin
Ring of Famer

There's always some "gusher" who "pops" for his/her/its homeboy. Nothing wrong with that. But the OM crowd is a rather grizzled bunch with their own sets of delusions and beliefs, and no newbie is gonnna beat them out of that.... But the truth is, he may have a chance to be at least above average. Depends on how he is coached and whether he has the drive to get there. Maybe Oz can get to some semblance of a decent QB in rwo or three years. If so, then it will have been a decent pick. Just looking at the vids, he certainly looks like a better thrower than TT is/was....

(This message was typed without the aid of Mrs. TOG's nipples.)
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #24
Swedish Extrovert

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Quote:

Elway of course!

Gruden gushes over every player entering the draft. Watch the 2011 draft. He said "this is a great pick for ____ because..." after every single pick in the first round.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #25
v2micca
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
This covers the 1st day.

Well, If nothing else, this throwing mechanics and release point are notably improved from earlier videos I've seen of him. If he can keep progressing at this rate for the next three years, that is certainly promising.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote