The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default 2012 Tight End Sleeper? Look No Further : Jacob Tamme

2012 Tight End Sleeper? Look No Further : Jacob Tamme

But Iím holding out. Who am I holding out for? Mr. Jacob Tamme, who is flying so under-the-radar that you can wait until one of your final rounds to nab. According to Mock Draft Central, Tamme is so undrafted heís not even taken in the top 18 TEs and falls out of their reports and out of the top 196. Whereís the love?

Itís pretty easy to forget just how dominant Tamme was in 2010. After Dallas Clark went down on the IR, Tamme put together a line of 67 catches for 631 yards for 4 TDs. Oh wait, that was in 10 games! Sure, people argued, ďheís only a product of the system,Ē and ďhe was just a lucky pickup on the wire for teams down the stretch.Ē Yada, yada. Tamme proved he was a quality Tight End when he got his shot. But last year, with Clark returning and Peyton Manning spending too much time with his head out of car windows, Tamme became a bigger afterthought than Larry Johnson. He snagged only 19 catches all season while searching for playing time and an actual quarterback.

Then in the offseason, Tamme signed with the Broncos on a three-year deal following the signing of Peyton Manning. Manning has recently said the additions of former teammates Tamme and free agent Brandon Stokley have eased his transition, so I wouldnít be surprised if Peyton had a hand in bringing Tamme in. Even though the Broncos have also brought in Joel Dreessen who has flashed some skills in Houston, I think Tamme is going to see a lot of work in the passing game. First, consider Manningís two wide receiver options: Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker arenít exactly the class of the league. I think Decker has the bigger year, but thatís just a gut call and of no consequence to what I expect from Tamme. Second, consider Manningís limitations with both a probable limitation of arm strength and playing outdoors at Mile High vs. playing the majority of his career indoors. I donít think itíd surprise anyone to see a lot of check downs and a more West Coast-style of passing offense rather than the more aerial approach the Colts utilized in Manningís heyday.

The only real concern I have with Tamme is John Fox has never fully incorporated Tight Ends in his passing game. Iím a Panthers fan and watched almost every play in the John Fox era and if itís not a run play itís probably not a pass to the Tight End. However, I think Manningís input and whatever will cater to his capabilities will supersede Foxís offensive mantra. Donít forget, Tammeís huge 10 weeks in 2010 was the last time Peyton Manning was on the field, so his rapport with Tamme should still be there.

Especially in PPR leagues, I think Tamme is going to be a beast and a top-7 TE. With a major downgrade in WRs from what he was working with in Indy, I expect Manning to look for Tamme early and often. And with such a discount in price, why not load up on other position players and snag Tamme late? Thatís going to be my plan.

2012 Projection: 79 Catches 819 Yards 8 TDs

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...eeper/10759208
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #2
huh??
Back in the 5280!

...pretty good at lurking.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Cool opinion write up. I'm just glad that Manning will have several guys as options to throw to on every down. Plus, we have WR's that can block pretty well to help on those short inside passes.
huh?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

I think just about any Bronco outside of Manning who wont go as early as he used to, McGahee and maybe DT(for the drafters thinking he will be as.good as he was at the end of last season) is going to wind up being under the radar and available for pickup later in drafts
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

The problem with sleepers is, 99% of them don't wake up.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #5
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
I think just about any Bronco outside of Manning who wont go as early as he used to, McGahee and maybe DT(for the drafters thinking he will be as.good as he was at the end of last season) is going to wind up being under the radar and available for pickup later in drafts
yeah right, they're all going to be overrated because each and every person on our offense is going to get a "can X become Peyton's new favorite toy?!?!?" article from fantasy writers struggling for content come training camp. if he makes it out of camp, brandon stokely is going to be drafted in 95% of standard leagues.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I will start to consider any bronco player (manning aside) at the earliest round 6.- More than likely I should be able to nab one of the WR in round 7 or 8 depending on where I pick. That is good. Anyone who reaches before then will just allow me to take advantage of the better player they let fall to me.

IMO we will go more 2wr 2 te- stokely probably wont see much time at all- or whoever our 3rd/slot wr is.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote