The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
Castle

Default Hello fellow fans

Hi fellow fans,

I hope my story is not too long nor boring. I'm a UK fan of the Broncos. I've been supporting them since I was 9 years old when the NFl was first shown in the UK. I'm now 36. I was the only kid in school with an Orange (and best) Denver top at the time with a number 7 Elway on it. I started supporting the Broncos, because I loved Elways way of playing. I loved his Hail Mary Bombs and always went for the positive. Everyone else in my school when I was a kid went for the obvious Raiders (*spit*) 49'rs and Bears and Dolphins at the time. I however sat up and watched us lose 3 Superbowls and it killed me like it killed everyone else on here. I also then got the reward like we all did winning.

Tonight I was reminiscing and watching the 98 win again on Youtube and thought I would like to speak with likeminded fans. As I have no one in the Uk to talk about the Broncos to. I have met some people on Facebook in America Broncos fans but not that many.

I've never been to Denver and I'm pretty ashamed about it. I'm planning my trip and will go within the next few years and I hope I will be accepted.

One thing is I know you will know more about players etc as it's harder to know about this stuff in the Uk. It doesn't get any news so please bear with me.

I have been in the house tonight having a few beers watching Broncos vids and I thought I wanted to talk to fellow fans. I have met some before but not enough.

I am glad we have dropped the Tebow Bible freaks as well. Hey, if you are religious that cool, just don't dump it on my football team or tell me.

Apart from that hello. I hope that didn't bore the arse of of everyone! Lol.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #2
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

welcome to the Omane!
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #3
Castle

Thanks for that
Old 05-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #4
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Come on in and kick your feet up!
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #5
Castle

Thanks for that JCMElway
Old 05-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #6
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Oh, you have some questions to answer.

1) Do you take ambien? If so, do you have side effects? Do you have a basement (I doubt that one in the UK)?
2) GHostbusters, parental monitoring and should babysitters be thrown in jail for showing it?
3) Anti gravity aircraft, you believe?
4) Do you like to backpack and have a backpack buddy but you are totally straight?
5) Myrtle Beach, great vacation spot or where your life will fail if you follow your "love"?

I will let you answer these first before more but I am sure Maners will be coming in to quiz you some more.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #7
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Also, check out this thread from one of our long time English guys from overseas.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...light=overseas
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #8
Castle

1) No never heard of it, we just used to take Acid in the UK I'm a teen of the 90's.
2) Great films
3) No, unless it's orbiting the planet or it's a plane divebombing.
4) I live in Scotland so we like to use backpacks from time to time.
5) Never heard of it, should I living in the UK?
6) No I can't help your ego and your need to feel different, zany, on edge and therefore accepted and fulfilled

Thanks for the link.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #9
Castle

BTW I liked your posts Broncocalijohn.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #10
Shananahan

Abandon all hope.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #11
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Gaze upon my works, yemighty, and despair. I have become death, shatterer of worlds.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #12
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Aonaibh Ri Cheile and welcome.
I'm born and raised in the U.S, but my great-grandfather was a Cameron born and bread. When you ever visit downtown Denver we should grab a pint or ten.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #13
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Gaze upon my works, yemighty, and despair. I have become death, shatterer of worlds.

Dranken a bit tonight ser?
I'd wager so.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #14
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Welcome to the forum, friend. I look forward to reading your takes.

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:34 PM   #15
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I hope you laced up your ass kicking boots. be forewarned, this lot are not right in the head
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:23 AM   #16
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

That's awesome to see UK fans finding their way as Denver fans over the years. as an American that enjoys some English football I know it seems everyone is a fan of only a few of the high flying clubs so to go against that is respectable.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:50 AM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The Mane is a great place to talk football. It gets a little heated sometimes, and isn't always friendly, but I think there are lot's of good blokes on the Mane! So did the Broncos traveled to London for a game a few yrs back didn't they? Who knows maybe they come out again sometime. Not sure though if NFL even doing that anymore.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:51 AM   #18
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Always wondered. Are git and prat the same thing?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:53 AM   #19
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
I hope you laced up your ass kicking boots. be forewarned, this lot are not right in the head
What? My neighbors dog talking football with me is something to worry about? By the way he says Duke Ihenacho, our un drafted rookie FA will end up a better player then either Moore or Carter. Also he said eating poop not as bad as we think.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:16 AM   #20
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
The Mane is a great place to talk football. It gets a little heated sometimes, and isn't always friendly, but I think there are lot's of good blokes on the Mane! So did the Broncos traveled to London for a game a few yrs back didn't they? Who knows maybe they come out again sometime. Not sure though if NFL even doing that anymore.
I think we talked about the NFL sending the Rams over there for the next 3 years. We don't play the NFC West until next year or the year after so it couldn't be until then. Not sure if theyd send Peyton over there or not.

Oh and welcome home to the OM. Stay away from one name (and one crime fighting trucker) and you'll do fine
Old 05-06-2012, 05:58 AM   #21
Meck77

Welcome Castle. Hmm...Where is spider anyway? Been a month since his last post.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:19 AM   #22
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle View Post
Hi fellow fans,

I hope my story is not too long nor boring. I'm a UK fan of the Broncos. I've been supporting them since I was 9 years old when the NFl was first shown in the UK. I'm now 36. I was the only kid in school with an Orange (and best) Denver top at the time with a number 7 Elway on it. I started supporting the Broncos, because I loved Elways way of playing. I loved his Hail Mary Bombs and always went for the positive. Everyone else in my school when I was a kid went for the obvious Raiders (*spit*) 49'rs and Bears and Dolphins at the time. I however sat up and watched us lose 3 Superbowls and it killed me like it killed everyone else on here. I also then got the reward like we all did winning.

Tonight I was reminiscing and watching the 98 win again on Youtube and thought I would like to speak with likeminded fans. As I have no one in the Uk to talk about the Broncos to. I have met some people on Facebook in America Broncos fans but not that many.

I've never been to Denver and I'm pretty ashamed about it. I'm planning my trip and will go within the next few years and I hope I will be accepted.

One thing is I know you will know more about players etc as it's harder to know about this stuff in the Uk. It doesn't get any news so please bear with me.

I have been in the house tonight having a few beers watching Broncos vids and I thought I wanted to talk to fellow fans. I have met some before but not enough.

I am glad we have dropped the Tebow Bible freaks as well. Hey, if you are religious that cool, just don't dump it on my football team or tell me.

Apart from that hello. I hope that didn't bore the arse of of everyone! Lol.
I wouldn't assume that. I can see why you would but there are some pretty stupid comments that get thrown around.

Either way, welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #23
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
I wouldn't assume that. I can see why you would but there are some pretty stupid comments that get thrown around.

Either way, welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here.
Yeah, Castle. Some of our best, most knowledgeable posters aren't posting from the continental US. Eddie Mac lives in Ireland and is one of our capalogists.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #24
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Welcome Castle. Hmm...Where is spider anyway? Been a month since his last post.
Either in jail or working as sheep pimp in Canada.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:56 AM   #25
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yeah, Castle. Some of our best, most knowledgeable posters aren't posting from the continental US. Eddie Mac lives in Ireland and is one of our capalogists.
Take your man Kaylore here. He's from Mars, so he can answer any of your questions about implants.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote