The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default Dear EA Sports and Tiburon

Football is the greatest thing created by mankind.

Madden is the only representation of that thing that some of us can play on certain days whether thats cause we can't or don't have the friends to play w/ on that day.

So why do they have people that clearly have no idea about anything football related create this game, why does it do such a horrible job of portraying real football, why do linebackers jump unrealistically high, why are lobs harder to pick off hitting the hands of a defender that the computer controls than a bullet pass, why can fat linemen do lynn swann like catches over the shoulder, why is zone blocking wrongly implemented, why are footballs thrown like they are tied on a line to a receiver thats invisible and sporatic when a timing route thats incomplete should go to where the QB EXPECTS the receiver, why do players backpedal when they should turn and run and why do they run with their backs turned around when they should back pedal, why is a safety able back pedal as fast as calvin johnson can run forward in a straight line, why is there no such thing as true momentum, why is there no such thing as real physics.

Okay, NFL 2k5 does literally everything better 8 years ago, and they would do everything better today, that is why there is no EA sports NBA game.

Go to hell EA, go to hell Tiburon and the whole madden team, you destroy people's lazy days off where they want to pretend they are playing their favorite players.

Go die.

That is all.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

But what do you think about their video game?
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
Agamemnon

I've got to say I totally agree. Every year I try the demo of the newest Madden, roll my eyes, and immediately uninstall it. It's an absolutely terrible product, yet people buy it anyway because there is no competition.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

The subtle signs of an empire in decay...
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
The subtle signs of an empire in decay...
Signed: Every previous generation.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Occupy EA Sports.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #7
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Haven't played Madden since 05 for that reason. The game has no realism, and the franchise mode from what I've seen isn't worth the $60. I'd rather play MLB the Show or NCAA Football.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #8
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post

Go to hell EA, go to hell Tiburon and the whole madden team, you destroy people's lazy days off where they want to pretend they are playing their favorite players.

Go die.

That is all.
A large portion of the Madden 2012 team has actually left Tiburon and they have had to rebuild the dev team from the ground up for the 2013 season.

Still won't be a good game, but the cracks in Tiburon as the developer are starting to show and the sales are in near constant decline. Wouldn't surprise me if the NFL walks away from the exclusivity deal after the 2013 NFL season (Madden 2014). They now have CBA stability and likely won't be as willing to tack on more time when Madden isn't the bell weather franchise it used to be.

Which would be just in time for the next generation Playstation and Xbox.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #9
yerner
Ring of Famer

quit playing madden for the first time this year since it started. it's garbage. i play fifa now and it's pretty amazing.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #10
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

please bring back the 2K football series. that was an awesome game and killed any chances of my ever buying another Madden game. i had 2004 and haven't bought Madden since.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #11
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Thats pretty much every EA game there is. The NHL games are pretty much ignored. They'll do roster updates here and there but thats about as far as they go. Mike Smith still has an overall rating of 83..pretty much all you need to know. Seems like they got lazy at EA...whenever you wanted a sports game it was EA. I'm done with everything EA until they make sweeping changes and not some glorified roster updates.

The guy in this video explains pretty much how all of us feel about Madden..

maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #12
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

There's a reason EA spent a measly $300 million for the exclusivity. Not only do they make their return back in sales, it lowers their yearly development cost by an extensive amount.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #13
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

What bugs me is their slogan "if it's in the game....it's in the game."

Playing on franchise you can't trade future draft picks like Broncos did to obtain Elway or Redskins did to get RGIII

Players retire around 34-36 years regardless how high their ratings are. I understand the majority usually do but guys like Dawkins and others played to almost 40. Only kickers and punters do in the game.

It use to keep track of every season's SB champion and hall of fame players....and should keep track of franchise records. Not to mention there have only been 5 guys that have rushed for 2000 yards in the entire history of the league.....and yet there are clowns doing it every other season.

Guys with accuracy ratings over 90 leading the league in INT's and QB's rushing for 1,000 yards or more...and during simulated preseason games only the starters and second teamers get in game.

And nobody gets suspended despite the fact that it happens almost every damn day....(I'm sure the player's union is the reason). You can't fire coach in mid-season....and the player on cover never seems to have a poor outing.....

If it's in the game...it should really be in the game.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #14
delany
Uber Bronco

I was happy with a pixelated tank and biplane.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #15
BroncoBeavis

I still play 2k5 with my son. He's pretty familiar with the roster from the Plummer years.

We have Madden 2012. Just can't get into it. Last one I bought before that was 2008, and didn't care for that either.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #16
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygirl View Post
Oh, that's Great Sir !!
Hey, thanks, Spamela.

U hhh, so what are you wearing?

Mmmm Hmm Hmm.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #17
Navy Broncos Fan

I love playing Madden still with friends, not really online anymore.

Some things that really piss me off or I would like changed:
Bring back the championship teams. I don't want to play the stupid developers. I would rather play one of the great Superbowl teams of the past.

Agreed, why do linebackers jump 16 feet high and make 1 handed circus catches.

Although I use it, the fade route inside the 10 is WAY to powerful with any receiver, just put them on the outside and throw a fade.

How about some fumbled snaps, or ****ty snaps on field goals and punts?

The Madden Ultimate Team is a pretty cool idea for those of us who collected football cards as kids, but I have to dominate like 6 games to get a new good pack of cards, lets lower the coins a little bit.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #18
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Anyone who has played any of the 2k games knows what a real developer can do with the game.

All pro 2k7 was made 5 years ago, it was made on a extremely small budget without any NFL logos. Despite all those challenges it still represents football better than madden ever could.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6bFB...eature=related

NFL 2k5 is almost 7 years old... 7 years. It took madden 6 years after its release to get actual tackling, and it still doesn't have many of the things that 2k5 did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOInt...feature=relmfu

Okay I'm done complaining, nothing is going to change, there tons of people wanting to throw their money at a new 2k5 game, but the exclusivity agreement doesn't allow it to be made.

robbing me of my football fantasies has got to be unamerican. or something...

>
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #19
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
There's a reason EA spent a measly $300 million for the exclusivity. Not only do they make their return back in sales, it lowers their yearly development cost by an extensive amount.
It also saves them tons of money on marketing, as they don't really have to adversities that much, being the only NFL licensed game.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #20
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
It also saves them tons of money on marketing, as they don't really have to adversities that much, being the only NFL licensed game.
madden does alot of marketing.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #21
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

EA Sports

It's in the game.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #22
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Visual Concepts > Tiburon

When EA bullied VC out of the market it was the worst thing to happen to us the consumers.
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:36 AM   #23
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Simple solution is not to buy it.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:05 AM   #24
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director

Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious

I agree wholeheartedly with this, Madden is a blatant cash grab from EA.

If they did create a realistic game, with a deep authentic franchise mode, customizations out the ying yang, statistical accuracy/track record/hall of fame etc...

Some of us would lose our jobs or our marriages, so when you look at it EA is doing society a favor. If they re-up with EA on an exclusive then someone has to come in and make a super duper generic that blows the walls down!

Once "God" ell the commish sees that he will think twice. Does anyone know when that contract expires?

One other thing, why can't they make a new tecmo game with generic names with franchise mode
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:47 AM   #25
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf754life View Post
If they did create a realistic game, with a deep authentic franchise mode, customizations out the ying yang, statistical accuracy/track record/hall of fame etc...
...they wouldn't make nearly as much money.