The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 12:02 AM   #1
Bacchus

Default Jeremy Bloom granting wishes to elderly

"In 2008, Bloom granted just four wishes. The first was to a woman who couldn't afford to see her daughter who was fighting ovarian cancer. Bloom brought them together, and the organization grew from there. Last year, through a partnership with Brookdale Senior Living, Wish of a Lifetime was able to grant over 400 wishes to seniors around the country, everything from seeing the Statue of Liberty, to skydiving. For Bloom, however, it's about more than the bucket list.

"The larger purpose is to create awareness and really a movement that says these people are national treasures," he said.

Bloom recalled a trip to Japan when he was a competitive skier. He was on a crowded bus when an older woman got on. "Even the bus driver got out and took care of her and made sure that she had a seat before the bus even moved," Bloom said. The moment resonated and Bloom thought of his own grandparents and how he wanted seniors to be treated in the United States.

Through Wish of a Lifetime he hopes to transform attitudes toward the elderly, and he's already making a difference in their lives. In a recent survey of wish recipients, 95 percent reported an improvement in happiness and 80 percent reported better physical health after they received their wish."

Rest of article here
http://dailynightly.msnbc.msn.com/_n...o-seniors?lite

Mother's day is coming up lets please show respect to all elders because they are all someone's mother, father.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #2
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

He spoke to an MBA class I took at Daniels last year. Something about his upstart nonprofit. I'm assuming this is it.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #3
Bacchus

Read the article if you haven't It's really good and the section I took out wasn't the best one.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:39 AM   #4
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

We landed on the moon!

Just kidding, this has been a pretty cool charity of his. The guy was a giant douche bag in college but has really done good things since.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #5
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

I think some less serious wishes that could be granted to the elderly would be to get the blue out of the hair with a monthly dye job and cut down at a salon/Supercuts. Many can't afford it or forget but they are always happy when they see their new 'do.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #6
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
We landed on the moon!

Just kidding, this has been a pretty cool charity of his. The guy was a giant douche bag in college but has really done good things since.
, I have never heard that. Well, he could be a douche bag that loves the elderly or maybe he is doing it all for ego.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:46 AM   #7
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

I should say he was a douche bag at the bars. But when stupid juice is flowing everyone is.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote