The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Default Mile High Salute

just thinking about this... the mile high salute is a TD celebration that is bigger than any particular Bronco player and is unique to this team. new players come in and adopt the salute while they are here. old players retire and yet the salute continues on.

i can't think of any other NFL team that does something similar. can you?

i suppose for awhile the Falcons had the dirty bird and you might call the lambeau leap a TD celebration, but other teams do the lambeau leap now, so maybe that shouldn't count. of course Scheffler did the mile high salute to mock us last season.

so perhaps it's just us and the Packers who have something like this.

it seems pretty unique in this day and age of athletes with a "look at me! it's all about me!" mentality. i kind of like that the Broncos rarely have guys like that on the squad. i also like that most of the new guys embrace the mile high salute. it gives us a sort of continuity that most other franchises don't have.

Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #2
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Foneco likes to dalute
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #3
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Foneco likes to dalute
yes it was a typo i noticed and fixed almost instantly.

i still think it's kinda cool that the Broncos are one of only two teams with something like this.

Last edited by Gort; 04-27-2012 at 05:16 PM..
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #4
Mile High Salute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post

just thinking about this... the mile high salute is a TD celebration that is bigger than any particular Bronco player and is unique to this team. new players come in and adopt the salute while they are here. old players retire and yet the salute continues on.

i can't think of any other NFL team that does something similar. can you?

i suppose for awhile the Falcons had the dirty bird and you might call the lambeau leap a TD celebration, but other teams do the lambeau leap now, so maybe that shouldn't count. of course Scheffler did the mile high salute to mock us last season.

so perhaps it's just us and the Packers who have something like this.

it seems pretty unique in this day and age of athletes with a "look at me! it's all about me!" mentality. i kind of like that the Broncos rarely have guys like that on the squad. i also like that most of the new guys embrace the mile high salute. it gives us a sort of continuity that most other franchises don't have.

I agree!!