The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Manning getting in tune to be conductor

good read. can't believe I said that about a Woody article, read the whole thing at:

"Manning said he will work "super fast," slow, under center and "from the gun," but, he promised, and laughed, "I won't line up at wide receiver" and, he won't be operating the run-option offense that the Broncos adopted after Tim Tebow took over at quarterback. "Now, that would be surprising to defenses if I ran the football," Manning said.

He has been sequestered in a darkened room at Dove Valley, with pad and pen, studying "cutouts" (specific plays, not full game tapes) used by McCoy and coach John Fox when they were together in Carolina, "tapes of what the Packers and the Saints have done well recently," the rushing plays designed for Willis McGahee last year, pass plays the Broncos had before Tebow and, of course, a variety of Manning plays with the Colts.

The Broncos' playbook will be an amalgamation, he said, of all those plays and "things that (tight end Joel) Dreessen and (wide receiver Andre) Caldwell and the other guys" did in the past.

"It's a process that we'll continue to put in" in minicamps and training camp "as we get to know each other....

Read more: Woody Paige: Manning getting in tune to be conductor, not composer - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_2...#ixzz1smzvHZec
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 04-22-2012 at 10:02 AM..
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

There is just no way this is good news for the rest of the AFCW.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
Jay3

Glad to see the Broncos doing this kind of thing -- actually designing an offense. It feels like the last few years have been mired in "try the same thing and see if it works." Then "install read option play."

McCoy needs to be accountable -- Manning may be bailing him out here, but giving him the kick in the pants he needed.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I still can't believe we have a HOF QB playing in Denver again.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #5
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
It still hasn't sunk in.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #6
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
It still hasn't sunk in.
It will be nuts watching him driving down the field.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Most conductors are failed composers.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:29 PM   #8
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Glad to see the Broncos doing this kind of thing -- actually designing an offense. It feels like the last few years have been mired in "try the same thing and see if it works." Then "install read option play."

McCoy needs to be accountable -- Manning may be bailing him out here, but giving him the kick in the pants he needed.
McCoy has a QB now
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #9
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
It still hasn't sunk in.

Won't happen until we see him play.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #10
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
...it's a great feeling, right? It makes me feel good and confident we'll contend for title over next few seasons, seeing the depth chart showing our starter at QB is Manning, Peyton.

Sadly not everyone in Bronco nation feels this way.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #11
Shananahan

Man, I get so sad when other sports fans don't feel the way I feel.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:28 PM   #12
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
...it's a great feeling, right? It makes me feel good and confident we'll contend for title over next few seasons, seeing the depth chart showing our starter at QB is Manning, Peyton.

Sadly not everyone in Bronco nation feels this way.
he's not actually in the HOF though... until... you know... he's actually elected to it, which he hasn't yet been. and if Baja is correct, he never will be because we'll all be dead before the end of the year.

i also don't know why he took a gratuitous shot at the former QB who is no longer here. seems like a dick thing to do.

i'm coming to grips with Manning being here, but little things like that ad hominem remark make me remember that i didn't like him and his flapping and arm waving in Indy and the jury is still out if i can get used to it here. not saying i can't. just saying that the jury is still out.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #13
Shananahan

Nah, Manning's in the HOF already. Semantics won't save you.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #14
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Nah, Manning's in the HOF already. Semantics won't save you.
really? got a photo of his plaque?

he's not in until he's in. it's lazy to call him a HOF'er until he's actually a HOF'er. call him a future HOF'er or an expected future HOF'er, but not an actual HOF'er.

it's not a semantic point either. i'm just sick of the ESPN'ization of sports where everyone is referred to with superlatives. guy makes a routine stop on ground ball, and there's some idiot on ESPN calling it a "great play". some guy makes a tough catch in traffic, and there's some other idiot on ESPN calling it a "spectacular catch". make a clutch jumpshot at the buzzer and there's yet another idiot on ESPN calling it "the greatest shot of the decade". it's stupid. it needs to stop.

Last edited by Gort; 04-22-2012 at 03:35 PM..
Old 04-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #15
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
he's not actually in the HOF though... until... you know... he's actually elected to it, which he hasn't yet been. and if Baja is correct, he never will be because we'll all be dead before the end of the year.

He'll be inducted unanimously, first ballot...even if he never plays another down.You're just being transparent....it's OK, your butt hurt will go away once the season starts up

i also don't know why he took a gratuitous shot at the former QB who is no longer here. seems like a dick thing to do.

I guess it depends on who is reading it...i didn't see it as a slap towards our former starter. I saw it as him pointing out that "...there's a new sheriff in town, and his name's Reggie Hammond, right on!"

i'm coming to grips with Manning being here, but little things like that ad hominem remark make me remember that i didn't like him and his flapping and arm waving in Indy and the jury is still out if i can get used to it here. not saying i can't. just saying that the jury is still out.

Wow, you have the unmitigated gall to say the jury is still out on a sure fire HoF QB playing in Denver, but called anyone else that stated this about our former starter that is nowhere near as good as "haters"?

In bold
Old 04-22-2012, 04:12 PM   #16
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
really? got a photo of his plaque?

he's not in until he's in. it's lazy to call him a HOF'er until he's actually a HOF'er. call him a future HOF'er or an expected future HOF'er, but not an actual HOF'er.

it's not a semantic point either.
i'm just sick of the ESPN'ization of sports where everyone is referred to with superlatives. guy makes a routine stop on ground ball, and there's some idiot on ESPN calling it a "great play". some guy makes a tough catch in traffic, and there's some other idiot on ESPN calling it a "spectacular catch". make a clutch jumpshot at the buzzer and there's yet another idiot on ESPN calling it "the greatest shot of the decade". it's stupid. it needs to stop.
False. Thanks for playing.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #17
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:

i'm just sick of the ESPN'ization of sports where everyone is referred to with superlatives. guy makes a routine stop on ground ball, and there's some idiot on ESPN calling it a "great play". some guy makes a tough catch in traffic, and there's some other idiot on ESPN calling it a "spectacular catch". make a clutch jumpshot at the buzzer and there's yet another idiot on ESPN calling it "the greatest shot of the decade". it's stupid. it needs to stop.

...not to mention them making all kinds of DJ Steve Porter videos of some guy that allegedly "all he does is win" when he's 9-7 as a starter in the NFL

To call Manning a Hall of Famer is accurate, because once his career is over he will be...whether you like it or not.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #18
Shananahan

They switched to plaques, huh?
Old 04-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #19
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
In bold
and Pete Rose was a HOF'er too, except for the part where he got banned from baseball and will never be in the HOF.

don't count your chickens before they're hatched. for all we know, Manning will murder somebody before his 5 years are up and never be elected.

until he's actually in the HOF, he's not in the HOF.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #20
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joel Dresseen

Donovan McNabb will be a HOF, maybe we should sign him to a 1 year deal to backup Peyton so we can have 2 HOF QB's on the roster.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #21
Shananahan

Quote:
and Pete Rose was a HOF'er too, except for the part where he got banned from baseball and will never be in the HOF.

don't count your chickens before they're hatched. for all we know, Manning will murder somebody before his 5 years are up and never be elected.

until he's actually in the HOF, he's not in the HOF.
No, no. You're confused. Peyton Manning is in the Hall of Fame.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #22
delany
Uber Bronco

Quote:

i missed it. What was the shot?
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #23
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delany View Post
i missed it. What was the shot?
it seemed to me he was making a crack about Tebow being put in at receiver for a game while Orton was still the starter. i don't see a reason for that. not sure if he was making fun of himself (for not being athletic enough to play receiver) or at Tebow (for apparently being such a poor QB that Fox was trying to find other positions for him to play early on). but it just seems like a dumb thing to do as you're settling in with your new team. with the exception of the nutjobs on this site who hold an irrational hatred for Tebow, most of the Broncos fanbase has fond memories of the kid.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #24
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joel Dresseen

Quote:
it seemed to me he was making a crack about Tebow being put in at receiver for a game while Orton was still the starter. i don't see a reason for that. not sure if he was making fun of himself (for not being athletic enough to play receiver) or at Tebow (for apparently being such a poor QB that Fox was trying to find other positions for him to play early on). but it just seems like a dumb thing to do as you're settling in with your new team. with the exception of the nutjobs on this site who hold an irrational hatred for Tebow, most of the Broncos fanbase has fond memories of the kid.
I think you are reading too much into it. Most Broncos fans do have fond memories of Tebow as last season was a fun ride. But Peyton Manning is corny but funny at times with the media and had nothing but nice things to say about Tebow during that whole period.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #25
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinal11 View Post
I think you are reading too much into it. Most Broncos fans do have fond memories of Tebow as last season was a fun ride. But Peyton Manning is corny but funny at times with the media and had nothing but nice things to say about Tebow during that whole period.
This

I think Manning has more on his mind than just finding the time to bash Tebow
I read it as a joke about his athletic ability
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote