The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football
 
bfoflcommish's Avatar
 
GO..........BRONCOS

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mile High
Posts: 3,483

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater
Default week 2 MNF vs Atlanta

BREAKING: Broncos second game of the season will be Monday night (9/19) at ATL. Back-to-back primetime games to open. The power of Peyton!

according to james merilatt on twitter
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #2
broncswin
God I love those Broncos
 
broncswin's Avatar
 
Bring back the hardware

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Broncos Fantasy Land
Posts: 2,187

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos
Default

Damn..wtf..these is some tough games
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,699

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Unsure if legitimate for now.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football
 
bfoflcommish's Avatar
 
GO..........BRONCOS

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mile High
Posts: 3,483

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Unsure if legitimate for now.
I dont know where he is getting it from but this is what he put now

James Merilatt ‏ @jamesmerilatt
Opening month (with proper dates): 9/9 home vs. Pittsburgh (SNF), 9/17 at Atlanta (MNF), 9/23 vs. Houston.
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,699

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
I dont know where he is getting it from but this is what he put now

James Merilatt ‏ @jamesmerilatt
Opening month (with proper dates): 9/9 home vs. Pittsburgh (SNF), 9/17 at Atlanta (MNF), 9/23 vs. Houston.
Opening with 2 prime times would be awesome, but for now I'll hold my excitement until it's official release.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer
 
Bigdawg26's Avatar
 
Just let it happen!!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,987

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!
Default

That's awesome! I'm in ATL for grad school, and I would LOVE for the broncos to come down here and kick the falcons @ss! I can't stand falcons fans because they have this undeserving sense of entitlement like they won something with such an OVERRATED team.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #7
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
That's awesome! I'm in ATL for grad school, and I would LOVE for the broncos to come down here and kick the falcons @ss! I can't stand falcons fans because they have this undeserving sense of entitlement like they won something with such an OVERRATED team.
Overrated is right. Giants exposed them. This is not an elite team and can be beat.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #8
underrated29
Ahoy
 
You lika da sexy

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,217

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Big time overrated! Tebow has more playoff wins that matt Ryan.

And Ryan, you know can throw the ball and has turner, and ruddy white and Julio and well they are overrated.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #9
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,527

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
Big time overrated! Tebow has more playoff wins that matt Ryan.

And Ryan, you know can throw the ball and has turner, and ruddy white and Julio and well they are overrated.
Roddy White had a down year but could be bounce back. I expect Julio to be better but Turner seems like he's regressing. We can beat these guys.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #10
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Overrated is right. Giants exposed them. This is not an elite team and can be beat.
Agree but they're very good at home. 6-2 last season with the losses against the Packers and Saints who were no slouches.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #11
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Agree but they're very good at home. 6-2 last season with the losses against the Packers and Saints who were no slouches.
And something like 18-1 at one point for Ryan, right?
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #12
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Oh........yea

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 6,020
Default

I think we will win this game
I honestly think the Steelers at home will be the tougher game

Ryan is pretty good, but Ill take Manning if it gets into a shoot out
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #13
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
I think we will win this game
I honestly think the Steelers at home will be the tougher game

Ryan is pretty good, but Ill take Manning if it gets into a shoot out
If we can't handle Atlanta in week 2 next year, we're in a world of hurt.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #14
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman
 
Dutch's Avatar
 
Leatherneck

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,629

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
That's awesome! I'm in ATL for grad school, and I would LOVE for the broncos to come down here and kick the falcons @ss! I can't stand falcons fans because they have this undeserving sense of entitlement like they won something with such an OVERRATED team.
Hey Bigdawg,
If you'll be here (Atlanta) for the game, my younger Bro' and I might get together with the Bronco Fans of Atlanta ( http://www.meetup.com/Denver-Broncos-Fans-of-Atlanta/ ) and see if they are putting together a ticket/section deal for the game, or just go down to The Rose and Crown ( http://www.roseandcrowntavern.com/Home.aspx ) to catch the game. I'm trying to find out if they are doing a draft party/gathering of any kind. I will be in Texas for a wedding that weekend, but my younger Bro' will probably go. Great group with a bunch of Colorado ex-pats. Cool place as well with great food and gives pretty good deals on food and drinks for the group. (Guinness on draft and in many of the recipies, how could it be better?) Drop me a PM and we'll try to hook up as the season gets closer. I'm not a big fan of The Dome. We've been to every game the Broncos have played here in the last 16 years, and frankly.... it leaves a lot to be desired. Add in the fact that the Falcons are a much better team now, and the tickets have gotten much tougher/expensive to get the last few years. As to our chances, I like 'em. The Falcons are a good team, and likely to be better this year. The same can be said about us. I like John Fox's experience vs the NFC South. He knows these teams well, and that should help.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #15
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer
 
Bigdawg26's Avatar
 
Just let it happen!!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,987

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Hey Bigdawg,
If you'll be here (Atlanta) for the game, my younger Bro' and I might get together with the Bronco Fans of Atlanta ( http://www.meetup.com/Denver-Broncos-Fans-of-Atlanta/ ) and see if they are putting together a ticket/section deal for the game, or just go down to The Rose and Crown ( http://www.roseandcrowntavern.com/Home.aspx ) to catch the game. I'm trying to find out if they are doing a draft party/gathering of any kind. I will be in Texas for a wedding that weekend, but my younger Bro' will probably go. Great group with a bunch of Colorado ex-pats. Cool place as well with great food and gives pretty good deals on food and drinks for the group. (Guinness on draft and in many of the recipies, how could it be better?) Drop me a PM and we'll try to hook up as the season gets closer. I'm not a big fan of The Dome. We've been to every game the Broncos have played here in the last 16 years, and frankly.... it leaves a lot to be desired. Add in the fact that the Falcons are a much better team now, and the tickets have gotten much tougher/expensive to get the last few years. As to our chances, I like 'em. The Falcons are a good team, and likely to be better this year. The same can be said about us. I like John Fox's experience vs the NFC South. He knows these teams well, and that should help.
Ok cool! Sounds great!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #16
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman
 
Dutch's Avatar
 
Leatherneck

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,629

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
If we can't handle Atlanta in week 2 next year, we're in a world of hurt.
You're an hyperbole spouting idiot, Beavis. The Falcons lost twice at home last year. Once to the Saints in overtime, and once to the Packers by 11 after leading until the end of the third quarter, then losing two starting offensive linemen. They are a solid home team now. As someone who has been subjected to watching them for 15 years, they are light years ahead of the team they were even under Reeves. They have become a good franchise with a respected head coach and a decent team. Rock...
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #17
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman
 
Dutch's Avatar
 
Leatherneck

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,629

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Ok cool! Sounds great!
Looking forward to it, man! We'll get together for a game or two one way or another. Where are you going to grad school?
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #18
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
You're an hyperbole spouting idiot, Beavis. The Falcons lost twice at home last year. Once to the Saints in overtime, and once to the Packers by 11 after leading until the end of the third quarter, then losing two starting offensive linemen. They are a solid home team now. As someone who has been subjected to watching them for 15 years, they are light years ahead of the team they were even under Reeves. They have become a good franchise with a respected head coach and a decent team. Rock...
Great, and one of those home wins was against a team above .500. (the 9-7 Titans)

Juggernaut.

I think the Giants this year and Pack last year showed us everything we need to know about the dirty birds. We'd better be able to handle those paper tigers before we plan on contending with the real ones.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #19
JDB7821
Seasoned Veteran
 
JDB7821's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 402

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

I'll be there with bells on. I won't be disappointed in the outcome. I'll be pretty interested to see Peyton go against Mike Nolan's D. Von will probably murder Matt a few times. It should be a great game.
JDB7821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:44 PM   #20
Anikai
PUP List
 
Anikai's Avatar
 
Champ Bailey's Beard

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NFC West
Posts: 245

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Matt Ryan might be good once he hits puberty. Until then he'll be Mr. 1 & done.
Anikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:18 PM   #21
JDB7821
Seasoned Veteran
 
JDB7821's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 402

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anikai View Post
Matt Ryan might be good once he hits puberty. Until then he'll be Mr. 1 & done.
Ha, seriously. I love the guy, but he sounds like a middle schooler. He needs to grow up in a hurry.
JDB7821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:27 AM   #22
ksBRONCOfan
I love beer and Broncos!
 
YUM-O!

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: McPherson, KS
Posts: 1,017

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

I will try to go to this game. My company has two locations in the Atlanta metro area and I have been traveling there a bunch this year. I will find a reason to be back on this week.
ksBRONCOfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:31 AM   #23
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,699

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksBRONCOfan View Post
I will try to go to this game. My company has two locations in the Atlanta metro area and I have been traveling there a bunch this year. I will find a reason to be back on this week.
I'm gonna try and wiggle my way up too. Kinda upset the Bucc's game isn't in Tampa :/
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:19 AM   #24
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,611

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Yep, I'm allready trying to plan this game with my boss(charger fan)

Will probably be looking at the lower endzone in the 120 sections.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #25
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman
 
Dutch's Avatar
 
Leatherneck

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,629

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter
Default

Sounds like a great chance for a Southeastern OM get together! Maybe we could set something up for the afternoon downtown, then those attending the game could head over as a group. Be warned, parking at the Dome sucks at gametime.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Denver Broncos