The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 9,007
Default Patriots LT Matt Light Retiring

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack


"The Patriots prepared for this decision. They are expected to move last year's first-round pick, Nate Solder, to left tackle, with second-year pro Marcus Cannon at right tackle until Sebastian Vollmer can prove himself healthy. New pickup Robert Gallery will provide depth at guard, and starter Brian Waters could wind up getting some of the money that the Patriots will save with Light coming off the books."

I bet Von get's to Brady this time...

Solder was like a brick wall at RT.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

A great team that has players in place to cover players leaving..

Instead of jsut trying to get warm bodies in place for the season..

When we get to that kind of stability in players We will also have a good consistent team..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,397

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Pricejj, that must suck for you because last I saw you had him drafted by the Broncos for the 25th pick.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Pricejj, that must suck for you because last I saw you had him drafted by the Broncos for the 25th pick.


I think Solder is going to get exposed at LT.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,831
Default

they'll plug Solder in and still have a strong line with Cannon. dude slipping last season was like a person falling off a ledge into $10,000,000 of unclaimed money they could keep.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Solder was like a brick wall at RT.
A lot of people were after Miller became hurt.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #7
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,454

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Gallery? Belly must be hitting the bottom of the barrel.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #8
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,454

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
A great team that has players in place to cover players leaving..

Instead of jsut trying to get warm bodies in place for the season..

When we get to that kind of stability in players We will also have a good consistent team..
They have bodies but he has been replacing studs with no name or avg dudes, it will catch up with him soon.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #9
ClamChowdah
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Solder was a BEAST at RT last season for a rookie, he'll just switch and play LT which was always the position he was drafted for, frees up over $5 million too.

Nate Solder has allowed just three sacks and four pressures on 880 snaps, according to Pro Football Focus. He has also committed just five penalties.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #10
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,454

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClamChowdah View Post
Solder was a BEAST at RT last season for a rookie, he'll just switch and play LT which was always the position he was drafted for, frees up over $5 million too.

Nate Solder has allowed just three sacks and four pressures on 880 snaps, according to Pro Football Focus. He has also committed just five penalties.
Who is going to play RT?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #11
g6matty
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

he was blocking in a division who has no passrushers besides cameron wake. have fun with mario williams Solder
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #12
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,604

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

I hope Cannon works out for NE. Kid has been through a lot.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #13
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Gallery? Belly must be hitting the bottom of the barrel.
hell of a bust as an OLT but a pretty good OG he kicked our asses a few times as OG in OAK..

Maybe not pro blow material but probably as good if not better than our guys..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #14
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
They have bodies but he has been replacing studs with no name or avg dudes, it will catch up with him soon.
Still going strong.. the only bad move I have seen him make was giving Seymour away..

He may not have been worth the money he got in OAK but still one hell of a player..

But then of course he got a couple of firsts for him IIRC which he will most likely trade back and get several more day two pick for..

They have been great at having players ready to step up and play at or just below the level they replaced..

Hate the guy and his team but you have to admire just how good they have been for the last decade..

Something if your honest you can not say about DEN..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #15
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 9,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Pricejj, that must suck for you because last I saw you had him drafted by the Broncos for the 25th pick.
No comprendo...

Regardless, looks like NE's Offensive Line is shaping up rather nicely...

Nate Solder (LT) - #17 overall 2011
Logan Mankins (LG) - #32 overall 2005, 3x All-Pro
Dan Connolly (C) - Undrafted 2009
Brian Waters (RG) - Undrafted 2009, 2x All-Pro
Sebastian Vollmer (RT) - #58 overall 2009

Reserves:
Robert Gallery (OG) - #2 overall 2994
Marcus Cannon (RT) - projected 2nd round 2011
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:14 PM   #16
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Marcus Cannon (RT) - projected 2nd round 2011
Were you afraid your argument wouldn't sound as good if you had said he was a fifth-round pick?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #17
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 9,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Were you afraid your argument wouldn't sound as good if you had said he was a fifth-round pick?
What argument? You paranoid? Cannon was a 2nd round prospect before being diagnosed with cancer.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #18
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
What argument? You paranoid? Cannon was a 2nd round prospect before being diagnosed with cancer.
Lots of guys would have been second round prospects till they didn't get drafted in the second round.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #19
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
What argument? You paranoid? Cannon was a 2nd round prospect before being diagnosed with cancer.
Your argument that The Patriots' line is in good shape due to the talent they have on it, obviously. You specifically listed where all the other guys were drafted and then listed Cannon by where he was projected to go, three rounds before he did. Maybe 'argument' wasn't the perfect word, but you were making a case.

I agree with you about New England's line, I just thought it was funny.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #20
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Oh........yea

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
What argument? You paranoid? Cannon was a 2nd round prospect before being diagnosed with cancer.
and daquan bowers was a top 3 pick until people found out he had a degenerative knee issue

sometimes guys fall in the draft for a reason
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #21
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 9,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Lots of guys would have been second round prospects till they didn't get drafted in the second round.
cool story bro. Cannon was the 7th rated OT by nfldraftscout in 2011, and is the Patriots backup RT. Guess who was the 8th rated OT?

Did you happen to take a gander at the Patriots interior OL? 2 All Pro's...not bad...but I digress...I'm hoping Von can find a weakness on the right side this year. My guess is Vollmer is healed, and the Patriots told Light he was going to be cut, so he retired.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #22
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
cool story bro. Cannon was the 7th rated OT by nfldraftscout in 2011, and is the Patriots backup RT. Guess who was the 8th rated OT?

Did you happen to take a gander at the Patriots interior OL? 2 All Pro's...not bad...but I digress...I'm hoping Von can find a weakness on the right side this year. My guess is Vollmer is healed, and the Patriots told Light he was going to be cut, so he retired.
Awesome I didn't know there was a draft site that was never wrong. Good to know now. Also we have been over this, Brady makes the line not the other way around.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #23
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 9,007
Default

This retirement is complete bull**** btw...

The Patriots would have cut Light, but him "retiring" saves them $3.5M in cap space, some of which they would have lost had he been cut.

Just another cheat in a history of cheats...congrats losers.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #24
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
This retirement is complete bull**** btw...

The Patriots would have cut Light, but him "retiring" saves them $3.5M in cap space, some of which they would have lost had he been cut.

Just another cheat in a history of cheats...congrats losers.
The rumors of him retiring date back to right after the SB. This isn't a surprise.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:36 PM   #25
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 9,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
The rumors of him retiring date back to right after the SB. This isn't a surprise.
Read what you want, but Light signed a 2 year deal after the lockout last summer.

Light has been contemplating retirement since the Patriots' Super Bowl loss, but hasn't offered any public insight into his decision. It's believed he'd have to take a pay-cut from his $3.4 million salary and accept a swing-tackle role to remain with the Pats.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1085/matt-light

Looks like he didn't want to take a pay cut and be a backup.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:02 PM.


Denver Broncos