The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 05:58 AM   #1
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,355
Default Offseason grades

Denver

Impact moves: There was no bigger move this offseason than the signing of quarterback Peyton Manning to a five-year, $96 million contract. Modest upgrades were made to Manning’s new supporting cast with the signing of tight ends Jacob Tamme (Indianapolis) and Joel Dreessen (Houston) as well as wide receiver Andre Caldwell (Cincinnati).

Significant losses: "Tebow Time" expired in Denver when the Colts acquired Manning. The Broncos acquired a fourth-round pick as part of the trade that sent Tim Tebow to the New York Jets. Denver couldn’t retain defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley, who signed a five-year, $25 million contract with New Orleans.

Top draft need: Defensive tackle must be addressed early, but the Broncos also may be looking to draft a cornerback. Andre Goodman was released last week and Champ Bailey will be 34 years old this season.

Analysis: The Broncos brilliantly courted the most attractive quarterback ever to hit the free-agent market while also finding a way out of the Tebow quagmire. Denver now must hope that Manning isn’t damaged goods from four neck procedures within a two-year span.

Grade: A+

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/a...rt-card-041512
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #2
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,355
Default

OFFSEASON WINNERS

1. Denver Broncos: The dual move of a playoff team gaining a future Hall of Fame quarterback (Peyton Manning) and ridding itself of a giant question mark (Tim Tebow) was brilliant on its own. However, getting cornerback Tracy Porter, tight end Jacob Tamme, defensive tackle Justin Bannan and wide receiver Andre Caldwell solidify an impressive offseason of work. There have been a couple of losses, such as Brodrick Bunkley and Andre' Goodman, but those are tolerable.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--li...rs-losers.html
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:40 AM   #3
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,355
Default

Best remaining FA's:

1. RB Cedric Benson: Benson posted his third straight 1,000-yard rushing season last year, proving to be durable after injury problems and rumors about his toughness emerged early in his career. Although all running backs wear out, Benson's late emergence indicates he appears to have time on the clock.

2. DE Andre Carter: He had 10 sacks in 14 games before a quad injury knocked him out for the rest of the season. Carter's career has been up and down, but anybody who's capable of double-digit sacks will be working if he wants to.

3. OT Marcus McNeill: McNeill is only 28, so he still has plenty of time to resurrect his once-promising career. Injuries have cost him a lot of his range and he was never the toughest guy, but the potential is there.

4. WR Plaxico Burress: Forty-five receptions, 13.6 yards per catch and eight touchdowns were good numbers for a guy coming back after two years out of the game, particularly with Mark Sanchez as his quarterback. If Randy Moss produces those kinds of numbers this season, the 49ers will be happy. Burress can still play, he's just not going to make a lot.

5. WR Legedu Naanee: He has never really emerged as the possession receiver so many coaches believed he could become, but he had a respectable 44 catches last season with Carolina. He's tough and has solid hands.


More here:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--li...rs-losers.html
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:47 AM   #4
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,233

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

I can always tell when a TonyR thread is lacking Tebow because of the lack of replies lol.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #5
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,392

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

good stuff TonyR, thanks!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #6
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I can always tell when a TonyR thread is lacking Tebow because of the lack of replies lol.
Funny how that works, isn't it? The Zombies complain about the Tebow posts and threads but only respond to them and in them. So even though we shouldn't talk about Tebow (and should never be critical of him) that's clearly all they really want to talk about.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:56 AM   #7
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,396

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Funny how that works, isn't it? The Zombies complain about the Tebow posts and threads but only respond to them and in them. So even though we shouldn't talk about Tebow (and should never be critical of him) that's clearly all they really want to talk about.
I just went through a few threads that are active on the main page. None of them are talking about Tebow... You just continually dig up the worst articles. You are an idiot.

I agree though. Tebow was the biggest loss this offseason. Good find tony!
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #8
ward63
Go Broncos!
 
ward63's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Zac Dysert
Default

Naanee would be nice to bring in for a look
ward63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #9
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football
 
bfoflcommish's Avatar
 
GO..........BRONCOS

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mile High
Posts: 3,499

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward63 View Post
Naanee would be nice to bring in for a look
He signed with Dolphins this morning
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:13 AM   #10
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I'll take the grade. Alex Marvez is addicted to Sizzler's buffets and is a bozo but i gotta agree
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:14 AM   #11
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,017

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
OFFSEASON WINNERS

1. Denver Broncos: The dual move of a playoff team gaining a future Hall of Fame quarterback (Peyton Manning) and ridding itself of a giant question mark (Tim Tebow) was brilliant on its own. However, getting cornerback Tracy Porter, tight end Jacob Tamme, defensive tackle Justin Bannan and wide receiver Andre Caldwell solidify an impressive offseason of work. There have been a couple of losses, such as Brodrick Bunkley and Andre' Goodman, but those are tolerable.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--li...rs-losers.html
No love for Mike Adams? IMO, he's going to be an important piece of the puzzle.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #12
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,748

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Best remaining FA's:

5. WR Legedu Naanee: He has never really emerged as the possession receiver so many coaches believed he could become, but he had a respectable 44 catches last season with Carolina. He's tough and has solid hands.


WR Legedu Naanee signed a 1-year deal to join the Miami Dolphins.





Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #13
bronco militia
Ring of Famer
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,258
Default

yawn.....offseason grades are for Chiefs fans
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #14
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,888

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

OK, lose head coach, check.

Lose GM, check.

Fail to sign Brees longterm and free up cap to sign Nicks, check.

Lose Nicks, check.

Lose Meachem, check.

Overpay for Bunkley and cut Franklin and Rodgers, check

Rock on.

And they gave the saints a C?
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #15
LonghornBronco
Ring of Famer
 
Hook'em Horns

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,416

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

I like Benson. Maybe two old guys = one full season?
LonghornBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #16
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Lets go Broncos!
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 5,614

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Best remaining FA's:

1. RB Cedric Benson: Benson posted his third straight 1,000-yard rushing season last year, proving to be durable after injury problems and rumors about his toughness emerged early in his career. Although all running backs wear out, Benson's late emergence indicates he appears to have time on the clock.

2. DE Andre Carter: He had 10 sacks in 14 games before a quad injury knocked him out for the rest of the season. Carter's career has been up and down, but anybody who's capable of double-digit sacks will be working if he wants to.

3. OT Marcus McNeill: McNeill is only 28, so he still has plenty of time to resurrect his once-promising career. Injuries have cost him a lot of his range and he was never the toughest guy, but the potential is there.

4. WR Plaxico Burress: Forty-five receptions, 13.6 yards per catch and eight touchdowns were good numbers for a guy coming back after two years out of the game, particularly with Mark Sanchez as his quarterback. If Randy Moss produces those kinds of numbers this season, the 49ers will be happy. Burress can still play, he's just not going to make a lot.

5. WR Legedu Naanee: He has never really emerged as the possession receiver so many coaches believed he could become, but he had a respectable 44 catches last season with Carolina. He's tough and has solid hands.


More here:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--li...rs-losers.html
Did Carter play in the 34 or 43?
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #17
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,888

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

I'll be really surprised if they add anything more than a DT like Franklin with a one year deal for around a million at most with little guarantee.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #18
LRtagger
Ring of Famer
 
LRtagger's Avatar
 
CUT THAT MEAT

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,663

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
He signed with Dolphins this morning
Their forum must have posted the information before ours. Way to be behind TonyR
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #19
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
Their forum must have posted the information before ours. Way to be behind TonyR
It's all Bronco Rob's fault! He was late posting this stuff today! Bronco Rob and his damn snooze bar...
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #20
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,748

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
It's all Bronco Rob's fault! He was late posting this stuff today! Bronco Rob and his damn snooze bar...



<--------------




Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:43 AM.


Denver Broncos