The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
Mile High Salute

Default McGahee: "We're the favorites in the AFC"

Went to XFinity Live at the tavern tonight and got to meet Willis McGahee. Really nice guy! Surprisingly friendly and down to earth. He said one thing in particular that caught my attention. Some doofus in the audience said he thought that Houston should be considered the favorite in the AFC ().

McGahee's response: "I disagree. I think we're the favorites in the AFC." Great to see that kind of confidence! Manning, Fox, and Elway are raising the bar for everybody. Offseason workouts started today, and I'm more excited for this season than any in recent memory. Can't wait! (Copyright, Bart Scott)

GO BRONCOS!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #2
El Jué
Somewhat disillusioned

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gene Mingo

What you talkin' 'bout, Willis?

Seriously, dude. Shut up.
El Jué is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #3
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Muile High Salute, I doubt you would know this but when a poster goes and meets a Bronco or tells us he knows a bronco, you ALWAYS come here first by starting a thread on "What questions do you want me to ask (the Bronco)?" That is how it is done since the great Cutlerfan started it in 08.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #4
MacGruder

I feel like guys are just expecting Peyton Manning to come in and magically fix things.. you listen to a lot of people and it's like the Broncos have already won the superbowl. That is a sure sign of disaster because people forget how bad the team was last season and underestimate how good Tebow was. If they think things are going to be easy compared to last season they are going to go down hard.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:51 PM   #5
Mile High Salute

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Muile High Salute, I doubt you would know this but when a poster goes and meets a Bronco or tells us he knows a bronco, you ALWAYS come here first by starting a thread on "What questions do you want me to ask (the Bronco)?" That is how it is done since the great Cutlerfan started it in 08.
Ha ha - that wasn't my question. I asked if he had talked to TD about the Mile High Salute (Vic didn't read the second part of my question, which was what does it mean to him to be part of the tradition of great Broncos running backs). Duly noted, though, for the next time - you can probably tell I'm new to the forum.

P.S. Your avatar is epic!!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #6
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
Went to XFinity Live at the tavern tonight and got to meet Willis McGahee. Really nice guy! Surprisingly friendly and down to earth. He said one thing in particular that caught my attention. Some doofus in the audience said he thought that Houston should be considered the favorite in the AFC ().

McGahee's response: "I disagree. I think we're the favorites in the AFC." Great to see that kind of confidence! Manning, Fox, and Elway are raising the bar for everybody. Offseason workouts started today, and I'm more excited for this season than any in recent memory. Can't wait! (Copyright, Bart Scott)

GO BRONCOS!!!
I saw a bumper sticker driving home on Sante Fe today that read "Bring back Tebow. Trade Elway."
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:57 PM   #7
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

What else was he supposed to say?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #8
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
I feel like guys are just expecting Peyton Manning to come in and magically fix things.. you listen to a lot of people and it's like the Broncos have already won the superbowl. That is a sure sign of disaster because people forget how bad the team was last season and underestimate how good Tebow was. If they think things are going to be easy compared to last season they are going to go down hard.
Well all enjoyed tim, but youre underestimating how lucky we were.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:41 AM   #9
Ronnie Tsunami

Willis SHUT THE **** UP
Old 04-17-2012, 12:47 AM   #10
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert's Turban View Post
Willis SHUT THE **** UP
why?
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:50 AM   #11
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Well all enjoyed tim, but youre underestimating how lucky we were.
Being the best running team in the NFL doesn't involve luck.. and doing it with only McGahee is freaking unbelievable... That's the ignored Tebow effect..

People forget that you can't be a great running team like that if you can't pass either..

Last edited by MacGruder; 04-17-2012 at 12:58 AM..
Old 04-17-2012, 01:05 AM   #12
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Being the best running team in the NFL doesn't involve luck.. and doing it with only McGahee is freaking unbelievable... That's the ignored Tebow effect..

People forget that you can't be a great running team like that if you can't pass either..
Not sure why I took this post off iggy but I will bite.

With a passing game now in Denver, this should also open up the running game. Opponents knew we were going to run and for the most part, had moderate success at doing that on 1st and 2nd down. We built up a ton of yards on the ground but it took a lot of plays. We won't need that type of offense when Manning is throwing the ball short, in the backfield or deep. I see some gaps in between our OLine for some nice holes. With the Jets on the East Coast, you probably can catch the full games of the Broncos too. You all snuggly in your Tebow Blanket down in Jacksonville while you scream at your tv to "Bring Tebow in!" and then a few hours later get to watch the guy who replaced Tebow, how cool is that?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:26 AM   #13
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Not sure why I took this post off iggy but I will bite.

With a passing game now in Denver, this should also open up the running game.
Can Peyton take the hits Tebow did to throw the ball deep though? That is what opens the run game.. and Tebow's running ability forced teams to force him to stay in the pocket allowing him to throw deep without trying to hit him.

This is a big reason orton was so horrible throwing deep.. because teams knew he wouldn't stand in the pocket and had no mobility. With a geriatric Peyton I see him beiong Ortloike in that regard.. then you get dinking and dunking.. and thatkills your run game just like it did with Orton. You need Welker Gronk, Hernandez and Belichick's brilliance to pull that off.

Quote:
Opponents knew we were going to run and for the most part, had moderate success at doing that on 1st and 2nd down. We built up a ton of yards on the ground but it took a lot of plays.
This is what makles it so incredible though.. teams KNEW every play the Broncos would run Fox was so predictable.. and yet Tebow made the run game so unstoppable they still couldn't stop it. This is why the Steelers were so consumed with the run..

Quote:
With the Jets on the East Coast, you probably can catch the full games of the Broncos too. You all snuggly in your Tebow Blanket down in Jacksonville while you scream at your tv to "Bring Tebow in!" and then a few hours later get to watch the guy who replaced Tebow, how cool is that?
It will definitely be fun to watch.. I'm not from Florida though.. I have no bias.. that's just people projecting.. haha
Old 04-17-2012, 01:41 AM   #14
Shananahan

We can now add the word 'bias' to the running list of things Macgruder doesn't understand.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:51 AM   #15
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
We can now add the word 'bias' to the running list of things Macgruder doesn't understand.
You're projecting... and grasping at straws...
Old 04-17-2012, 02:24 AM   #16
RedEyedJeti

Who's Tebow?
Old 04-17-2012, 04:25 AM   #17
Ronnie Tsunami

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
why?
  • bulletin board material for other teams
    human nature shows you work harder when youre an underdog
    its incredibly cocky
    its not true at all
    we've earned nothing so far
Old 04-17-2012, 05:09 AM   #18
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Quote:
That is a sure sign of disaster because people forget how bad the team was last season and underestimate how good Tebow was.
Why are you here, you should be in NY defending Tim from all those terrible NY fans booing him.

You obviously are not a Bronco fan.
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #19
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Can Peyton take the hits Tebow did to throw the ball deep though? That is what opens the run game.. and Tebow's running ability forced teams to force him to stay in the pocket allowing him to throw deep without trying to hit him.

This is a big reason orton was so horrible throwing deep.. because teams knew he wouldn't stand in the pocket and had no mobility. With a geriatric Peyton I see him beiong Ortloike in that regard.. then you get dinking and dunking.. and thatkills your run game just like it did with Orton. You need Welker Gronk, Hernandez and Belichick's brilliance to pull that off.

This is what makles it so incredible though.. teams KNEW every play the Broncos would run Fox was so predictable.. and yet Tebow made the run game so unstoppable they still couldn't stop it. This is why the Steelers were so consumed with the run..

It will definitely be fun to watch.. I'm not from Florida though.. I have no bias.. that's just people projecting.. haha
Comparing Manning to Orton. Priceless. You go out of your way to prove your own stupidity.

I don't think Peyton will have to worry about the hits Tebow took because he won't be holding onto the ball for an eternity. And if our run game takes a hit because there is no Tebow running, but Manning is making his throws, that's just fine and dandy also. You may not be from Florida but you have a serious, irrational crush on Tebow. I'm sure by the end of the season there will be a thread, "What ever happened to that MacGruder guy?" Oh yeah he was wrong and disappeared.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:44 AM   #20
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

How is MacGruder not blatantly trolling at this point and ruining just about every thread? Come on mods, seriously.

I ignore the guy myself, wish more would do the same.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:50 AM   #21
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Hell, two more years and Tebow is out of the league, working hard to bring Christianity to all the Catholics in the Phillippines. This too shall pass.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:02 AM   #22
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert's Turban View Post
  • bulletin board material for other teams
    human nature shows you work harder when youre an underdog
    its incredibly cocky
    its not true at all
    we've earned nothing so far
Do you know how many players say this at events like this? Odds are we are the only people that read about this.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #23
BroncsCheer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Hell, two more years and Tebow is out of the league, working hard to bring Christianity to all the Catholics in the Phillippines. This too shall pass.
don't the catholics already have it?
Old 04-17-2012, 07:39 AM   #24
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
How is MacGruder not blatantly trolling at this point and ruining just about every thread? Come on mods, seriously.

I ignore the guy myself, wish more would do the same.
Quoted for truth. All of it, including the ignoring bit.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:54 AM   #25
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsCheer View Post
don't the catholics already have it?
That's what I thought too, but I guess the Tebows don't. They've been working for years over there.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote