The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,392

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Champ Bailey talks about having Peyton Manning as a teammate

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...b-84776818b2ee
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Something Champ said really put this whole thing in perspective for me.. why did the Broncos really go after Manning? It's not his ability as a player that makes him valuable..

It's actually his ability as an offensive coach.. and THIS is why other teams did not go after Peyton as much as the Broncos.. AND why Peyton wanted to come to the Broncos.. because they needed him as an offensive coach more than anyone. No other team has the abysmal offensive coaching the Broncos do.. which is why no one else really had that much desire to get him...
ESPECIALLY offensive gurus..

I think this is also why Elway wanted Fox so much.. because Elway has no idea how to run the defensive side of the ball.. or the run game.. he needed Fox to carry that load for him.. But Elway really doesn't know how to build an offense either. But bringing Manning in he covers that weakness too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,909
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Something Champ said really put this whole thing in perspective for me.. why did the Broncos really go after Manning? It's not his ability as a player that makes him valuable..

It's actually his ability as an offensive coach.. and THIS is why other teams did not go after Peyton as much as the Broncos.. AND why Peyton wanted to come to the Broncos.. because they needed him as an offensive coach more than anyone. No other team has the abysmal offensive coaching the Broncos do.. which is why no one else really had that much desire to get him...
ESPECIALLY offensive gurus..

I think this is also why Elway wanted Fox so much.. because Elway has no idea how to run the defensive side of the ball.. or the run game.. he needed Fox to carry that load for him.. But Elway really doesn't know how to build an offense either. But bringing Manning in he covers that weakness too.
Nice try but you need to move on. Mods really need to cut the cord with this guy because he adds no value to this site.

I know they want an open dialogue but you want to come here and talk about the new Broncos and all you get is his crap

I'll go talk Broncos football somewhere else if this going to be the level of dialogue here
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #4
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,009

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Something Champ said really put this whole thing in perspective for me.. why did the Broncos really go after Manning? It's not his ability as a player that makes him valuable..

It's actually his ability as an offensive coach.. and THIS is why other teams did not go after Peyton as much as the Broncos.. AND why Peyton wanted to come to the Broncos.. because they needed him as an offensive coach more than anyone. No other team has the abysmal offensive coaching the Broncos do.. which is why no one else really had that much desire to get him...
ESPECIALLY offensive gurus..

I think this is also why Elway wanted Fox so much.. because Elway has no idea how to run the defensive side of the ball.. or the run game.. he needed Fox to carry that load for him.. But Elway really doesn't know how to build an offense either. But bringing Manning in he covers that weakness too.
Nice reach...

my god.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Something Champ said really put this whole thing in perspective for me.. why did the Broncos really go after Manning? It's not his ability as a player that makes him valuable..

It's actually his ability as an offensive coach.. and THIS is why other teams did not go after Peyton as much as the Broncos.. AND why Peyton wanted to come to the Broncos.. because they needed him as an offensive coach more than anyone. No other team has the abysmal offensive coaching the Broncos do.. which is why no one else really had that much desire to get him...
ESPECIALLY offensive gurus..

I think this is also why Elway wanted Fox so much.. because Elway has no idea how to run the defensive side of the ball.. or the run game.. he needed Fox to carry that load for him.. But Elway really doesn't know how to build an offense either. But bringing Manning in he covers that weakness too.
Your assumption is that no one can run the "Manning offense." That wasn't the issue. The problem was that Polian made poor draft choices at the end of his tenure and left the Colts bereft of talent. It's a testament to Manning's ability that he was able to overcome that lack of talent so often. Had Polian drafted better his last 5 or so years, the Colts would have been better prepared for life after Manning and Polian would still have a job. It has nothing to do with the style of offense they ran.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #6
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,349

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

uhhh............

Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #7
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

One McGruder is one too many. Can we have a Jets mod for a day?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #8
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Nice try but you need to move on. Mods really need to cut the cord with this guy because he adds no value to this site.

I know they want an open dialogue but you want to come here and talk about the new Broncos and all you get is his crap

I'll go talk Broncos football somewhere else if this going to be the level of dialogue here
I'm just calling it like I see it. Having an outside view can be very beneficial..
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #9
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,349

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
I'm just calling it like I see it. Having an outside view can be very beneficial..
nope you are paranoid... full of conspiracy theories...
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:34 PM   #10
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Having an outside view can be very beneficial..
Everyone is just looking for an intelligent one
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:34 PM   #11
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Your assumption is that no one can run the "Manning offense." That wasn't the issue. The problem was that Polian made poor draft choices at the end of his tenure and left the Colts bereft of talent. It's a testament to Manning's ability that he was able to overcome that lack of talent so often. Had Polian drafted better his last 5 or so years, the Colts would have been better prepared for life after Manning and Polian would still have a job. It has nothing to do with the style of offense they ran.
What I am saying is that Fox and Elway don't know what they are doing offensively.. and the Broncos offense is young.. so Elway and Fox NEED someone to do their jobs for them.. as GREAT as Tebow is he can't coach the offense.. few guys can.. maybe 3 at this point? Brees, Peyton and Brady...

What Champ said about Peyton shows there was a leadership void here.. part of that is Tebow being such a young unorthodox QB.. but that was nowhere near all of it...

Even the success the Broncos had last seaosn offensively was really Tebow's doing IMO.. when they let him play his game he was calling the shots and using what he did in college.. what they would let him run at least..
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #12
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
Everyone is just looking for an intelligent one
You guys are just the ones to fin it...
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #13
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
nope you are paranoid... full of conspiracy theories...
How is this a conspiracy theory? Fox is an awful coach and Elway has zero experience..
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #14
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Fox is an awful coach .
Based on what ridiculous standard is Fox an "awful" coach? He's been a head coach for 10 years with multiple playoff seasons and division titles under his belt, including a Super Bowl appearance which his team damn near won and leading a 4-12 to a division title and playoff win his first season (yeah, I know, in your warped view of reality, all credit for that goes to Tebow ). There maybe better resumes out there, but Coach Fox's is nothing to sneeze at.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #15
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Based on what ridiculous standard is Fox an "awful" coach?
He came in and made the Broncos worse than McD.. McD came in and won his first 6 games. He made Orton far far far worse.. the D still stunk. Look at the Panthers.. they looked great this season because Fox was so bad. Everyone there looks like Gofs now because Fox was so terrible in comparison.. His style is a gimmick.. he slows the game down to make his D APPEAR better.. but it's fool's gold. People want o blame Tebow for all the Broncos problems.. but in reality Tebow saved the team and Fox held him back if anything.

Quote:
He's been a head coach for 10 years with multiple playoff seasons and division titles under his belt, including a Super Bowl appearance which his team damn near won and leading a 4-12 to a division title and playoff win his first season (yeah, I know, in your warped view of reality, all credit for that goes to Tebow ). There maybe better resumes out there, but Coach Fox's is nothing to sneeze at.
Tebow saved his arse.. without Tebow Orton stunk under Fox.. The only time Fox ever did anything was when he had Del Rio as his D coordinator.. which is the only thing the Broncos have going for them right now. That team at least had talent though..

Have you heard what Carolina's players say about Fox? They couldn't stand his coaching.. they talked about Fox the way guys talk about Tebow now.. because Tebow gets the blame for Fox's terrible coaching..
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #16
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
He came in and made the Broncos worse than McD.. McD came in and won his first 6 games. He made Orton far far far worse.. the D still stunk. Look at the Panthers.. they looked great this season because Fox was so bad. Everyone there looks like Gofs now because Fox was so terrible in comparison.. His style is a gimmick.. he slows the game down to make his D APPEAR better.. but it's fool's gold. People want o blame Tebow for all the Broncos problems.. but in reality Tebow saved the team and Fox held him back if anything.



Tebow saved his arse.. without Tebow Orton stunk under Fox.. The only time Fox ever did anything was when he had Del Rio as his D coordinator.. which is the only thing the Broncos have going for them right now. That team at least had talent though..

Have you heard what Carolina's players say about Fox? They couldn't stand his coaching.. they talked about Fox the way guys talk about Tebow now.. because Tebow gets the blame for Fox's terrible coaching..
You're delusional.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #17
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,573

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Something Champ said really put this whole thing in perspective for me.. why did the Broncos really go after Manning? It's not his ability as a player that makes him valuable..

It's actually his ability as an offensive coach.. and THIS is why other teams did not go after Peyton as much as the Broncos.. AND why Peyton wanted to come to the Broncos.. because they needed him as an offensive coach more than anyone. No other team has the abysmal offensive coaching the Broncos do.. which is why no one else really had that much desire to get him...
ESPECIALLY offensive gurus..

I think this is also why Elway wanted Fox so much.. because Elway has no idea how to run the defensive side of the ball.. or the run game.. he needed Fox to carry that load for him.. But Elway really doesn't know how to build an offense either. But bringing Manning in he covers that weakness too.
Please stop with the McCoy sucks schtick.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #18
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
You're delusional.
So Orton didn't put up great numbers under McD and then under Fox look far worse and was said to be hot garbage?

Then look at Orton. he goes to the Chief's and looks much better.. beats the Packers..

And people WONDER why Tebow is so damn excited right now. lol

Last edited by MacGruder; 04-16-2012 at 07:04 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #19
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
Please stop with the McCoy sucks schtick.
I don't know if it is McCoy or Fox or both.. but they stunk together..

Do you guys know that DelHomme had identical numbers to Tebow the year he went to the superbowl? It's just Tebow had rushing yards where Del Homme had passing yards.. the totals were identical.

This shows it's just Fox's system.. a system his Qbs and players get the blame for.

That Panthers team had much better runners than the Broncos though which is a testament to Tebow.. AND teams have Fox figured out now.. which is why Beli owned him.

Last edited by MacGruder; 04-16-2012 at 07:04 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #20
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!
 
Blart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,910

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time
Default

Tell us more about Tim Tebow
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #21
BroncoSojia
Go Broncos
 
BroncoSojia's Avatar
 
Thanks Champ for the past 10 years

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 527

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bey Bey Thomas
Default

Why do people keep falling for MacGruder's bait?

It's obvious he's trolling, and you're just giving him exactly what he wants.

Ignore him for a while and he'll probably go away.
BroncoSojia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #22
BroncsCheer
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Fox never had a franchise quarterback. Not once. I think that has a lot to do with the offense you run as a coach. the league is conservative by nature so Fox played the odds.

the 2011 team was so much better than the 2010 team it's not even worth comparison.

And Fox is at fault because Kyle Orton isn't a very good player?

did i just get trolled?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #23
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,856

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Nice try but you need to move on. Mods really need to cut the cord with this guy because he adds no value to this site.

I know they want an open dialogue but you want to come here and talk about the new Broncos and all you get is his crap

I'll go talk Broncos football somewhere else if this going to be the level of dialogue here
this, unfortunately the mods and TJ don't have what is commonly referred to as "common sense" when it comes to moderating this site.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #24
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsCheer View Post
Fox never had a franchise quarterback. Not once. I think that has a lot to do with the offense you run as a coach. the league is conservative by nature so Fox played the odds.

the 2011 team was so much better than the 2010 team it's not even worth comparison.

And Fox is at fault because Kyle Orton isn't a very good player?

did i just get trolled?
Delhomme in his prime was underrated. Not top 5 but probably top 10. For a good defense-first team, he would've been more than enough. He'd have a couple rings on a team like the Ravens
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #25
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsCheer View Post
Fox never had a franchise quarterback. Not once. I think that has a lot to do with the offense you run as a coach. the league is conservative by nature so Fox played the odds.
Ever heard the saying "no balls no babies"?

If Bellichick coached like Fox does offensively he would have no championships.. I don't think Fox does it because it's smart.. I think he just doesn't know any better.. he's limited. It also makes his D look much better than it really is.. It's a gimmick.

Quote:
the 2011 team was so much better than the 2010 team it's not even worth comparison.
I disagree.. it was just the same if not worse.. Tebow carried them, Tebow almost won the three games he played his rookie season also in a horrible situation they wouldn't let him play then either. Which shows it wasn't necessarily all Fox. Though McCoy was trained by Fox so maybe it was..


Quote:
And Fox is at fault because Kyle Orton isn't a very good player?

did i just get trolled?
Fox made him worse not better... and they elost more this season than last season.. in a lockout year too.

When everyone else in the NF was putting up record offensive numbers Fox was putting up record lows...
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:34 PM.


Denver Broncos