The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Default This is awesome.

Don't know if this was posted elsewhere, but this brought a tear to my eye. I'm thrilled to have Manning, but thanks for the memories Tebow.

BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

My friends (who were not Bronco fans) and I went absolutely berserk when this play happen. Absolutely insane. It was sublime. I'll never forget it. Again, thank you Tebow. I'll be rooting for you in NY, though I think Elway did the right thing by persuing/signing Manning.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #3
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
My friends (who were not Bronco fans) and I went absolutely berserk when this play happen. Absolutely insane. It was sublime. I'll never forget it. Again, thank you Tebow. .
TonyR hates you now.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
TonyR hates you now.
Well, I get Tony's point. He got **** for suggesting that Elway didn't believe in Tebow and was going to do everything he could to replace him. Let's face it, he was right. That said, what Denver fan can't appreciate the season Tebow gave us, even if you don't buy that it was sustainable?
Old 04-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #5
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!

Ahhhhhh, the memories!
I'm looking forward to this season, and reacquainting myself with the poor Steeler fans on East Carson St, Pittsburgh, whose souls I CRUSHED that night!
GoBroncos DownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #6
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Great vid Inferno, thanks for posting it.

God I love that guy. Hope he rocks in NYC
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #7
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Great vid Inferno, thanks for posting it.

God I love that guy. Hope he rocks in NYC
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #8
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Always give thanks to Tebow, for he will lift you up, even if most of his passes are down and dirty.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #9
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

No matter how you feel about the players involved, it was one of the best moments in Broncos history... at least in my 30+ years watching.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #10
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

How's it going Poops?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #11
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Great video man. Very well edited.
UberBroncoMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #12
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Don't know if this was posted elsewhere, but this brought a tear to my eye. I'm thrilled to have Manning, but thanks for the memories Tebow.

Awesome. Easily the top Broncos moment for me since the Super Bowls.

Great video.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Another cool vid:

Old 04-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #14
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
No matter how you feel about the players involved, it was one of the best moments in Broncos history... at least in my 30+ years watching.
I couldn't agree more. It marks the end of an era in Broncos football that saw three of our players die, a horribly divisive and paranoid coach, and the worst record in team history. It was such a release of pent up frustration that it still gives me goosebumps to watch.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #15
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Yep. For me, it's only second to "this one's for John"/the helicopter.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #16
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

That many people film themselves watching TV huh?
Strange world.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #17
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Watching Tebow hug John at the end is a little weird.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #18
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

I remember seeing that here a week after the game. Best thing about that video is no rap music! I do feel for all those that bought the Tebow jersey and now he is no longer on the team. I don't think you need to put it in the drawer for years. No shame on wearing it still but why I don't buy current players.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #19
canadianbroncosfan

I had to show the wife so she understands that I wasn't the only person to act that way in my living room!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #20
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:

This is why sports are great. Even if we didn't win the bowl, Tebow gave you something to root for.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:52 PM   #21
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Tebow made the Broncos relevant and that was nice.

Telling the ****tsburgh faithful to get their **** and get the **** out of Denver was priceless.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #22
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Who video tapes themselves watching games? That's weird.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:15 PM   #23
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

What an amazing video, the end was definitely true Football is awesome.

I love all the reactions mine were similar jumping up in down screaming hitting the floor its great man. Winning is awesome.

I had the same reactions when Stokely caught that pass, or when we ran elam on to the field in that one game to kick the game winner vs the bills?

Lots of last minute electric wins happened in Broncos history.

Hopefully Manning can get us a Superbowl being 25 years old now I was too young to really know what it meant for my team to win when the Broncos won those back to back Superbowls I was excited but at the same time no where near as excited as my Dad was I couldn't really appreciate it as much.

Hope I can experience it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
This is why sports are great. Even if we didn't win the bowl, Tebow gave you something to root for.
It wasn't all just Tebow though it was the Broncos. This video really shows how passionate fans of football are.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #24
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixedMind View Post
That many people film themselves watching TV huh?
Strange world.
I was thinking the same thing....who films themselves watching a game?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:54 AM   #25
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Well, I get Tony's point. He got **** for suggesting that Elway didn't believe in Tebow and was going to do everything he could to replace him. Let's face it, he was right. That said, what Denver fan can't appreciate the season Tebow gave us, even if you don't buy that it was sustainable?
Yes and it is perfectly rational and understandable to have taken as much enjoyment and excitment as we all did from a special season while also realizing it was very likely a one of a kind fantasy deal that comes around every so often when the stars align.

It was fun and it was revealing too. Both in a good way about leadership and inspiration and its power to help elevate a team and a QB beyond their limitations .. if only for a while. and revealing too of the major limitations Tim still has as a long term NFL caliber QB in this league. Maybe he can make it in time, but it is a real crap shoot it that will ever come to be.

Going back and watching every game again as I did after the initial surge of emotion and joy had calmed down, was instructive too in seeing What really went on.

Tim deserves a lot of credit for his will to win and effort every play and for some really outstanding individual plays. But he nearly single-handedly also put the team in dire straights nearly every game that forced and required such last minute heroics just too pull a rabbit from the hat each week, and that is no way to survive year in and year out in this league without a doubt!

If anything, Tim's reading of the opposing defenses, his decision making too, got worse after teams figured out how to box him in more and he regressed those last weeks for the most part.

In any event, when Manning became a real possibility for us it was definitely time to move on from the Tebow experiment. So much of that was from the surprise and confusion our college running game offense posed for NFL Ds for almost 7 weeks before they started figuring it out.

We got very lucky too in several games including meeting the Steeler's with a hobbled Rothlesberger and their hobbled defense and still it took a miracle play in over time to win it.

The prior 4 games at the end of the season plus the final game in Boston brought home the cold hard facts of reality back to everyone's awareness .. at least those who have much of it to begin with.

Tim is a good kid and an inspiring figure but has major weaknesses as a NFL QB that may never really be rectified. I Hope he does improve and will root for him when the Jets aren't playing us, but while I suspect he might make a decent journeyman QB, he may well have had his one shining moment in teh NFL sun already as a full time starting QB at least.

At least Denver gave him that chance he always wanted and he got a life time of memories from that as well, even if he never starts another NFL game at QB.

There is no dicotomy or conflict at all between fully appreciating what Tim and the rest of the team managed to pull off last year, and recognizing now the golden opportunity of landing Payton freaking Manning for a few last years of prime time elite QBing for the Broncos!

Good work Elway/Fox and Bowlen! Best of luck Tebow in the NYC circus with the automatic QB controversy with Sanchez... you're likely going to need it ... I just hope the fanatic Tebow luddites don't screw up the whole show there and make people start to resent him.

Last edited by Hulamau; 04-15-2012 at 12:57 AM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote