The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,627
Default D-Mac & Big Al on Tebowmania

If you haven't noticed, more and more people seem to be finding the courage to wake up from the aw-shucks nightmare that was (and still is) Tebowmania. Perhaps not having Tebow around frees the mind--like trascendental meditation or a long hit from a sweet bong.

We've affectionately called this nightmare Zombieland. Here, all of the infected wear a #15 jersey and screech the word "intangibles" outside your boarded-up window (as film guru Greg Cosell has said, when intangibles is the first thing someone brings up when talking about a quarterback, it's code for: he can't throw). It's like a page from the novel I Am Legend--except these Tebow vampires don't always want your flesh. They want to force you to attend Bob Tebow High School (where degrees are awarded sans biology, anthropology, and philosophy courses) and elect his son as class president--without an actual election.

Those who disagree--well, there's always your flesh or Twitter.

The latest to dissent are Darren McKee (D-Mac) and ex-Bronco Alfred Williams (Big Al) of Denver's Sports Radio 104.3 The Fan. Williams, we should note, has never been a fan of Tebow the football player. McKee, on the other hand, has been a strident Tebow supporter. Thursday, however, Big Al and D-Mac took things to another level. Not only did they openly describe Zombieland, they spoke the words that could not be spoken while Tebow was quarterback of the Broncos: you can't seperate Tebow the player from Tebow the religion.

This, of course, is why Tebow had to go. John Elway knew it; we at IAOFM knew it (including my buddy Ted Bartlett, who did as good a job as anyone of trying to avoid mixing the two all season long); now, D-Mac, one of the biggest local supporters of Tebow that Denver has known, figured it out. In Hour 1 of The Drive on Thursday, after seeing the intense reaction from Zombieland to Demaryius Thomas's comments on Tebow, D-Mac and Big Al had finally had enough.

Of course, Thomas's comments were honest, truthful, and to our eyes, not nearly as bad as they were portrayed. They seemed rather middle of the road. Thomas even said he believed Tebow could become the starter in New York. However, in Zombieland, all comments that aren't Tebow Positive,Tebow Approved are seen as offensive.

After interviewing Thomas, who was clearly shaken by attacks from Zombieland, D-Mac had this reaction:...

Read the whole thing here:
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...and-tebowmania
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!
 
Goobzilla's Avatar
 
BA-ZING!!

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wellington
Posts: 6,462

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson
Default

Let it go dude. For the record, I am an agnostic/secular humanist that liked Tebow the football player in Denver. I hated the pick when we made it, but he won me over on the field, nothing else. I don't care if he's a Christian or a Buddhist or worships Satan, he won us football games.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
Let it go dude...
What's funny is that if you actually took the time to read the article you'd see that reactions like yours are precisely the point and exactly what the author expected:

We expect the usual reponses to this story from Zombieland: Talk about football, Tebow is no longer with the Broncos, If you can't seperate football and religion, you're an idiot, etc. Yet, that's precisely the point: once you've entered Zombieland--as Demaryius Thomas and Darren McKee found out--you can check out any time you'd like, but you can never leave.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!
 
Goobzilla's Avatar
 
BA-ZING!!

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wellington
Posts: 6,462

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson
Default

I don't care what you or the author thinks. And I hardly give a **** about Al or D-mac. Just keep stirring the pot, even though it's over.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,378

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

The article wasn't bad, but for me Tebow fatigue has set in and this thread will simply promote another circular Tim Tebow discussion. The Gang Green web site really got it right when they created an entire Tebow sub form for those who want to keep ****ing this chicken.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #6
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
I don't care what you or the author thinks. And I hardly give a **** about Al or D-mac. Just keep stirring the pot, even though it's over.
If you didn't care about Al or Dmac why did you click on a thread that had "Al and Dmac" in the title?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #7
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

It's not over. The Denver sports media will keep bringing it up ad nauseum, constantly defining itself in Tebow's shadow. If the team does well, and endless array of articles and talk show segments about why this is only possible because they got rid of Tebow. If the team struggles, and endless array of articles and talk show segments about why this would have happened anyway with Tebow.

Meanwhile, Tebow turns the page and goes off to play for his new team.

Is there football yet?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #8
OrangeSe7en
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Big Al's a racist.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #9
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
It's not over. The Denver sports media will keep bringing it up ad nauseum, constantly defining itself in Tebow's shadow. If the team does well, and endless array of articles and talk show segments about why this is only possible because they got rid of Tebow. If the team struggles, and endless array of articles and talk show segments about why this would have happened anyway with Tebow.

Meanwhile, Tebow turns the page and goes off to play for his new team.

Is there football yet?
NY media and fans will be way worse.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #10
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,291
Default

Anybody saying anything bad about a completely good guy that never says a bad thing about anybody that won football games and gave his all in every conceivable way to do so should have their face rearranged and their right to breed taken away because they are to stupid to be breathing.

CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU ALL ?

NOBODY HERE KNOWS WHAT THE GUY WILL END UP BECOMING...PERIOD !
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #11
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,593

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
It's not over. The Denver sports media will keep bringing it up ad nauseum, constantly defining itself in Tebow's shadow. If the team does well, and endless array of articles and talk show segments about why this is only possible because they got rid of Tebow. If the team struggles, and endless array of articles and talk show segments about why this would have happened anyway with Tebow.

Meanwhile, Tebow turns the page and goes off to play for his new team.

Is there football yet?
It's entirely possible that (once he starts tossing the ball for us) Manning-mania just may eclipse Tebowmania once and for all... both in the Denver media and in the national media. Media's always loved them some Peyton, too...
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #12
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
[I]If you haven't noticed, more and more people seem to be finding the courage to wake up from the aw-shucks nightmare that was (and still is) Tebowmania.

Stopped reading right there.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #13
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh
 
Flex Gunmetal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: COLORADO
Posts: 3,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
I don't care what you or the author thinks. And I hardly give a **** about Al or D-mac. Just keep stirring the pot, even though it's over.
Please go.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #14
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,447

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

I wonder when was the last time Tony posted an article with a neutral or even pro-Tebow slant. Oh wait...never. But he's just letting us know what the media is thinking, that's all...right?
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #15
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,929

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

aweshucks
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #16
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I wonder when was the last time Tony posted an article with a neutral or even pro-Tebow slant. Oh wait...never. But he's just letting us know what the media is thinking, that's all...right?
Tony can't let it go because he knows what we lost.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #17
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I wonder when was the last time Tony posted an article with a neutral or even pro-Tebow slant. Oh wait...never. But he's just letting us know what the media is thinking, that's all...right?
Do you really wonder that? Why would you assume to know what my motivations are? Or care? Read the article or don't. Your choice. Or you can always go to the thread linked below and bash the Broncos.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104866
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #18
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Tony can't let it go because he knows what we lost.
Unfortunately we haven't lost you yet...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #19
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,447

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Do you really wonder that? Why would you assume to know what my motivations are? Or care? Read the article or don't. Your choice. Or you can always go to the thread linked below and bash the Broncos.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104866
No, I don't "wonder" it. I know you hated him and were repulsed by his political and religious leanings. I don't assume to know what your motivations are, I know what they are. You never liked that kid...ever. You never gave him a chance and always hid behind these anti-Tebow articles claiming you were just posting what the outside world/MSM thought. Seriously dude, everyone could see through your act.
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #20
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,892
Default

I don't think there's any way to refute what they had to say. Tim Tebow being Tim Tebow has nothing to do with football, but it's always going to be translated into football in coded terms of leadership, inspiration, and persecution, because people are unable to grasp reality; to grasp failure. In life, you can spin anything. In sports, you cannot. If you can't throw, you can't throw--and that simply does not compute with the Tebow narrative. Tim Tebow is a litmus test for the American psyche. And knowing the motivations and resources of the people and places that dot his background, well, this is far far far from the last we'll hear of him
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #21
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Stopped reading right there.


This.

If you can't speak your opinion while it's happening, your opinion isn't worth ****.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #22
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I know you hated him and were repulsed by his political and religious leanings.
Everything stated above is completely untrue. I don't hate him. I don't even dislike him. And his political and religious leanings don't bother me one bit. You and your reaction are a symptom of what the article I posted in above is all about! If someone posts anything negative about Tebow they get irrationally attacked for it! And you just proved it. You assume I hate Tebow and his religion/politics just because I don't think he's the answer at QB. Guess what, SoCal? John Elway agrees with me. Does he hate Tim Tebow and his religion/politics, too?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #23
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Do you really wonder that? Why would you assume to know what my motivations are? Or care? Read the article or don't. Your choice. Or you can always go to the thread linked below and bash the Broncos.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104866
Just so I'm understanding your point here...

1) When someone points out the limitations of a Denver Bronco named Tim Tebow it's called "thoughtful football analysis".

2) When someone points out the limitations of Denver Broncos not named Tim Tebow it's "bashing the Broncos".

Got it.

You sir, are a Go-tard.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #24
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Everything stated above is completely untrue. I don't hate him. I don't even dislike him. And his political and religious leanings don't bother me one bit. You and your reaction are a symptom of what the article I posted in thread is all about. If someone posts anything negative about Tebow they get irrationally attacked for it! And you just proved it. You assume I hate Tebow and his religion/politics just because I don't think he's the answer at QB. Guess what, SoCal? John Elway agrees with me. Does he hate Tim Tebow and his religion/politics, too?
the REAL John Elway would have loved Tim Tebow. unfortunately, the REAL John Elway was replaced by the pod people several years ago. this pod people imposter of John Elway hates Tim Tebow. he also hates rainbows and puppies.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #25
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,046

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

I wish Tebow would have lost a lot more games so we could have less conversations about him.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:34 AM.


Denver Broncos