The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Default Why not trade back...

.. for a high 2nd round pick and mid 3rd round pick ?
I was looking at a point chart and it would make sence if the Broncos really wanted to draft QB Brock Osweiler. Provided they find a team that wanted to play.
http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/...alue_chart.htm
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I can't see them making Osweiler their top draftee after bringing in Manning. They need a premier player to parade from the draft and then they can get him if he falls a bit.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #3
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

pretty original thought

I'll have to sleep on it though before I comment
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

They can trade down and accumulate picks, but if they trade down just to select a QB after bringing in Manning everyone associated with EFX needs to be **** punted to the moon.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #5
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

this team needs quality, stay at 25 or even move up and get a good guy.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #6
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Personally I think we need some sort of impact players, going backwards in a draft that I do not think is real strong would not accomplish that. I would like us to do the opposite and move up into the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

WASTING a pick on a qb when Manning is in his 1st season with us would be a waste of a pick. Look how well the other QB's behind Manning faired in Indianapolis.

Manning is not in Denver to teach his one day replacement, He is there to make it happen. To accomplish that he is going to need impact players, not a bunch of crap that we have had the past number of years.

Quality, not quantity.
OBF1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #7
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
while i agree this team needs quality picks, the number 25 pick is too low to get a top flight 1st rounder and it is too high to start picking the next level of players.

Denver is in that area of the 1st round of the draft where it is a b**** to pick. most or all of the guys you want with the 1st rounder are gone and it is too soon to pick the guys you have marked as your 2nd rounder.

best case scenario is someone falls unexpectedly and Denver can pounce, or we can trade back with a team that has 2-2nds or a high 2nd and a 3rd. but if we use an acquired 2nd rounder on a QB i might punch a baby or kick a puppy.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:04 AM   #8
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Personally I think we need some sort of impact players, going backwards in a draft that I do not think is real strong would not accomplish that. I would like us to do the opposite and move up into the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

WASTING a pick on a qb when Manning is in his 1st season with us would be a waste of a pick. Look how well the other QB's behind Manning faired in Indianapolis.
Manning is not in Denver to teach his one day replacement, He is there to make it happen. To accomplish that he is going to need impact players, not a bunch of crap that we have had the past number of years.

Quality, not quantity.
in all fairness to the QBs that Peyton had behind him who were drafted, were any of them ever high picks? most were late draft picks. if EFX draft a QB high, it is because that pick is expected to learn for the next 3 years and then take over for Peyton, not to be a permanent backup.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:24 AM   #9
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBen View Post
.. for a high 2nd round pick and mid 3rd round pick ?
I was looking at a point chart and it would make sence if the Broncos really wanted to draft QB Brock Osweiler. Provided they find a team that wanted to play.
http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/...alue_chart.htm
How are you going get a Hugh second and a mid third from the same team?

If you trade picks your going to get either two high in each of those rounds or mids. Each of Your picks is basicaly in the same spot in each round plusmor minus a couple if you have the same record as another team does.

Would be a nice idea but Goodell may not allow it.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:42 AM   #10
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
amen brother
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:42 AM   #11
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
while i agree this team needs quality picks, the number 25 pick is too low to get a top flight 1st rounder and it is too high to start picking the next level of players.

Denver is in that area of the 1st round of the draft where it is a b**** to pick. most or all of the guys you want with the 1st rounder are gone and it is too soon to pick the guys you have marked as your 2nd rounder.

best case scenario is someone falls unexpectedly and Denver can pounce, or we can trade back with a team that has 2-2nds or a high 2nd and a 3rd. but if we use an acquired 2nd rounder on a QB i might punch a baby or kick a puppy.
Steve Atwater and Trevor Pryce were late 1st round picks.

Why people on this board are in love with hoarding later round draft picks is beyond me.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:44 AM   #12
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post

Quality, not quantity.

quality freakin DL....................WE ARE OFFICIALLY all in..........get some quality defensive studs in here....

Last edited by Jetmeck; 04-11-2012 at 01:49 AM..
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:23 AM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Trading back has to involve a team wanting a player they can only get by moving up to your spot. You just never know if you will have a chance to trade back. I think its a decision they make based on either:

1-an offer you cant refuse
2-your player isn't there anymore, and you get lucky enough someone wants your pick.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:44 AM   #14
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

If we somehow managed to draft two surefire stud DT's then we'd be a force in the AFC...especially of Moore, Carter and Irving step it up.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:21 AM   #15
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

#25 is a good pick for a team that is targeting a player they really like and one that probably wasn't figured to be there. I don't know if there is such a player for the Broncos other than maybe Cox or CB's like Kirkpatrick or Gilmore. There may be such a player another team really wants though that drops.

If the Broncos stay at #25, the only DT worth taking there is Reyes IMO. But as I have stated many times, if the Broncos really go with BPA though, it will be a RB, WR, OL, or maybe LB at that spot.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:31 AM   #16
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I think that there will undoubtedly be 2-3 players available at pick #25 that could instantly be starters for our team. Take one and be happy.

If anything, I would be all for trading next year's second rounder to get back into the bottom of the second IF we can find a starter there. Let's say, we can find a starting WR, OG, DT, LB, or RB there. If we can find starters this year, let's gather the best team we can around Manning and make a real run at this thing.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:37 AM   #17
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Richard III was a field guide.

As others have mentioned, I just feel there is going to be too much value defensively at the number 25 pick for us to trade back. And its not like we are in St. Louis's situation. No one is going be me making us a crazy offer for our pick.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:48 AM   #18
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

the meltdown when we stay at 25 and don't draft a DT is going to be a lot of fun
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #19
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Unless Kirkpatrick or Cox falls in our laps, I'd like for us to trade down from #25 because I don't think the value is great there. I think we can move down 8-10 spots and get a similar player. Of course, the problem is you need a team willing to move into your spot. I'm not sure other teams will see the value in moving up there. Our best shot will be for Osweiler to gain enough traction that someone like Miami (if they don't get Tannehill) gets desperate.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:55 AM   #20
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Richard III was a field guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
the meltdown when we stay at 25 and don't draft a DT is going to be a lot of fun
It is every year.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:01 AM   #21
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

move up for ****s sakes.....we don't need any more back up safeties, TE's and LB's
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:15 AM   #22
Bmore Manning

I would trade down if it would net value. Not a second and sixth, but a second and third. That's also if Cox, Poe, and Brockers are gone.

I would take Thompson with one of those seconds and Martin with the early third.

So I would rather have..
2. Name here
2. Thompson DT
3. Martin DT
3. Name here
Or even have to take Thompson and Martin with both second round picks

Then..
1. Worthy DT
2. Thompson DT
3. Name here
Old 04-11-2012, 08:21 AM   #23
DENVERDUI55

Trade back only works when you have a buyer that wants your spot. I just don't see anyone giving us a great deal at #25.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:21 AM   #24
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
in all fairness to the QBs that Peyton had behind him who were drafted, were any of them ever high picks? most were late draft picks. if EFX draft a QB high, it is because that pick is expected to learn for the next 3 years and then take over for Peyton, not to be a permanent backup.
That is my thinking, seems that Brock Osweiler is a 2-3 year project. Hasn't he only started like 15 games in college ? What intrigues the Broncos is his size and arm strength. Manning is only going to be playing maybe 3-4 years, it would be nice to have a QB ready to step in.

So you figure, the Broncos trade back... pick up Osweiler and still draft a DT with their 2nd round pick and have an extra 3rd round pick to draft yet another DT or BAP (best available player).

So unless a player falls on the draft board to the Broncos, trade back.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #25
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Trade down trade down trade down
Props to Cutthemdown for saying what I say ever year. This isn't Madden where you just plug in whatever picks you want to get rid of and the computer comes in and offers you the best possible trade to trade down.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote