The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
Black96WS6
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Black96WS6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 905
Default OT: Warren Sapp Broke, Bankrupt, Hocking His SB Ring

http://www.tmz.com/2012/04/06/warren...per-bowl-ring/



Quote:
According to the docs, Sapp owes more than $6.7 million to various creditors ... including hundreds of thousands of dollars in child support payments and alimony to at least 4 different baby mamas.
Black96WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,397

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Oh Warren...
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,320
Default

That's karma for you...
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer
 
Jesterhole's Avatar
 
Ridin' the McFailboat...

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,481
Default

Man, if you make it to the NFL, just freeze some of your little guys and then get a vasectomy.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 7,699
Default

this somehow doesn't shock me about Sapp. athletes need to learn from MJ,Magic and Tiger. become a brand, have multiple investments and make some serious coin.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #6
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,584

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Who snitched?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #7
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
this somehow doesn't shock me about Sapp. athletes need to learn from MJ,Magic and Tiger. become a brand, have multiple investments and make some serious coin.
Learn to be the best in their sports? Those guys couldn't go broke if they tried.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #8
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Who snitched?
ha-ha nice
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #9
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 7,699
Default

they could if they spent stupidly and had a trail of baby mama's.
there are plenty of guys who were top tier at their respective sport and the money dried up at the end because they got fooled.

look at TO, he's been one of the top 5 WR's in the game and he's flat busted. by comparison everyone thought Randy Moss would end up like TO and yet he's got many successful business ventures and owns a nascar truck racing team.

just because you make it doesn't mean you know how to expand it and keep it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Learn to be the best in their sports? Those guys couldn't go broke if they tried.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,813

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

Not the least bit shocked.

"240 pairs of Jordan sneakers and sandals" - LOOOOOOOOOL

Also, were the rings "lost" or he sold them. If they were not sold I guarantee he's hiding them so they can't be used as payment for his debt.

Last edited by UberBroncoMan; 04-06-2012 at 05:10 PM..
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #11
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,824
Default

We make alot but we spend alot - Patrick Ewing

Last edited by CEH; 04-06-2012 at 05:10 PM..
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #12
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,280

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh
Default

This is the kind of stuff that just boggles my mind. For the last eight years of his career, (I'm not sure how long it actually was) -- Sapp was making over 5 million dollars a year. He makes 45,000 a month now with NFL -- how can he possibly be broke?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #13
DomCasual
The Dude abides.
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 13,595

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Fax Machine
Default

Ouch.

Quote:
Sapp says he also owes $2,858 in medical bills for "Corrective Speech and Language Therapy."
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #14
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,280

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Ouch.
I'm not sure if thinking "ebonics" makes me a bad person when I read what you posted.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #15
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,813

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
This is the kind of stuff that just boggles my mind. For the last eight years of his career, (I'm not sure how long it actually was) -- Sapp was making over 5 million dollars a year. He makes 45,000 a month now with NFL -- how can he possibly be broke?
Read the **** he has. Lioness pelt rugs and stuff. Most of these athletes are ****ing idiots with their money. I'd live ****ing amazing in their situation. You can live high-upper class without all the frivolous extravagant **** like jewelry, seven cars, a mansion for 12+ and thoroughly enjoy life.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #16
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Read the **** he has. Lioness pelt rugs and stuff. Most of these athletes are ****ing idiots with their money. I'd live ****ing amazing in their situation. You can live high-upper class without all the frivolous extravagant **** like jewelry, seven cars, a mansion for 12+ and thoroughly enjoy life.

You have to consider what it would be like to have nearly nothing, and then one day being able to afford anything you want. Its not a surprise when some of these guys go nuts and buy ridiculous things. Its obviously not that way for every poor kid who becomes a rich man, but it seems to happen alot in sports.

I'm not defending Warren Sapp, but going broke when you are a professional athlete can be explained.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #17
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,813

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
You have to consider what it would be like to have nearly nothing, and then one day being able to afford anything you want. Its not a surprise when some of these guys go nuts and buy ridiculous things. Its obviously not that way for every poor kid who becomes a rich man, but it seems to happen alot in sports.

I'm not defending Warren Sapp, but going broke when you are a professional athlete can be explained.

Oh, I get why it happens.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #18
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,280

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Read the **** he has. Lioness pelt rugs and stuff. Most of these athletes are ****ing idiots with their money. I'd live ****ing amazing in their situation. You can live high-upper class without all the frivolous extravagant **** like jewelry, seven cars, a mansion for 12+ and thoroughly enjoy life.
For sure. In my first year of work post school, I probably made 35k -- and it would have been a lot higher had I stayed in the legal field and not moved out here. It isn't a lot, but for a single dude it's awseome. i have been living high off the hog and have several thousand saved up so I can travel and have fun for the next few months now that I'm done with work in a few days.

this retard should never get a credit card again
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #19
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
they could if they spent stupidly and had a trail of baby mama's.
there are plenty of guys who were top tier at their respective sport and the money dried up at the end because they got fooled.

look at TO, he's been one of the top 5 WR's in the game and he's flat busted. by comparison everyone thought Randy Moss would end up like TO and yet he's got many successful business ventures and owns a nascar truck racing team.

just because you make it doesn't mean you know how to expand it and keep it.
Big difference in TO/Moss/stars now VS the top marketing names in the world. Those guys are far from the 100 million dollar a year machine that MJ and Tiger are.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #20
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,280

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Big difference in TO/Moss/stars now VS the top marketing names in the world. Those guys are far from the 100 million dollar a year machine that MJ and Tiger are.
Who cares? Have a beer.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #21
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Can he still play DT? Denver could use him.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #22
st.bernard
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

LMAO
He was a great player, but he is an idiot.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #23
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 
No avatar is the new avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,495

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy
Default

Couldn't happen to a more deserving A-hole.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #24
orinjkrush
...
 
orinjkrush's Avatar
 
Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: FrontRangeAbove8500ft
Posts: 5,101

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland
Default

success is often harder to handle than failure. look at the flame outs in hollywood, politics and so on. plus you got every remote relative in the world lookin for "help".

still, $40 M outta last a lifetime if your fiscal discipline is half what your physical discipline is.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #25
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,813

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinjkrush View Post
success is often harder to handle than failure. look at the flame outs in hollywood, politics and so on. plus you got every remote relative in the world lookin for "help".

still, $40 M outta last a lifetime if your fiscal discipline is half what your physical discipline is.
I wonder how many people on the forums think your avatar is hot as hell, completely unaware of the truth. Even though it's stated right below it.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:56 PM.


Denver Broncos