The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,806

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default Arkansas Fires Bobby Petrino

University of Arkansas puts Bobby Petrino on leave

Arkansas put football coach Bobby Petrino on paid leave Thursday after he failed to disclose he had been riding with a female employee half his age when his motorcycle skidded off the road over the weekend -- an accident that prompted him to apologize for that and for what he described as a "previous inappropriate relationship."

Athletic director Jeff Long announced the decision and said he had no timeline in determining Petrino's future with the Razorbacks.

Long said he was disappointed that he didn't hear about the passenger -- former Arkansas volleyball player and current Razorback Foundation fundraiser Jessica Dorrell -- until a police report was released Thursday.

Petrino, who is married with four children, didn't mention he had a passenger during a news conference on Tuesday, two days after Sunday's accident, and a school statement that day quoted Petrino's family as saying "no other individuals" were involved.

He added: "I will fully cooperate with the university throughout this process and my hope is to repair my relationships with my family, my athletic director, the Razorback Nation and remain the head coach of the Razorbacks."
Dorrell, who did not return a call seeking comment, was hired March 28 by Petrino as the student-athlete development coordinator. She is in charge of organizing the recruiting process for the football team, including initial eligibility for each incoming player.


Long said he had not decided whether to suspend Dorrell.




http://espn.go.com/college-football/...s-relationship

Last edited by Pony Boy; 04-10-2012 at 10:22 PM..
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,005

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Your typical midlife crisis. I hope it was worth it to him.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director
 
wolf754life's Avatar
 
Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious
Default

PiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiG! SOoooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!

Keeping it all within the program. Or is it all in the program? Is she part of the program? Or is he programming her? very confusing

Pay with benefits, hired March 28th
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #4
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,423

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

While I don't suspect that infidelity will be seen by the university as a fireable offense (at least when the coach wins a lot of games), the whole thing where she got hired 1 week ago...if you assume the relationship was going on previous to that and if he was involved in getting her hired, that looks even worse.

Gotta hand it to Petrino - he's managed to come across as a POS every place he's gone, BUT in completely different ways each time!
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #5
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,036

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
While I don't suspect that infidelity will be seen by the university as a fireable offense (at least when the coach wins a lot of games), the whole thing where she got hired 1 week ago...if you assume the relationship was going on previous to that and if he was involved in getting her hired, that looks even worse.

Gotta hand it to Petrino - he's managed to come across as a POS every place he's gone, BUT in completely different ways each time!
Actually, there is apparently broad language in Petrino's contract that the university can terminate him for conduct the university deems improper or reflects poorly...or something to that effect. I saw an article on it.

That said, I don't think the university currently has the political capital to do it, since he's been too successful recently.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #6
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Your typical midlife crisis. I hope it was worth it to him.
When women hit menopause there vaginas loose elasticity and its ability to get wet and juicy.

The real reason for midlife crisis.....solution, get a younger chick. Problem solved.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:12 PM   #7
JDB7821
Seasoned Veteran
 
JDB7821's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 402

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

I hope he's fired and never returns to coaching.
JDB7821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #8
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

FU Petrino!
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #9
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

another moron thinking with his penis..

and riding a bike at that..

sorry but I find that more disturbing than banging a younger woman..

Yes I know that many folks do and it is exciting..

But after having done it myself as a kid and dropping a couple on the ground not to mention the danger of cars not seeing you..

You have to be a moron to drive one on the street. IMO..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #10
Archedamian
Solid Starter
 
Archedamian's Avatar
 
Broncos Zealot

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Decatur, Illinois
Posts: 182

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Actually, there is apparently broad language in Petrino's contract that the university can terminate him for conduct the university deems improper or reflects poorly...or something to that effect. I saw an article on it.

That said, I don't think the university currently has the political capital to do it, since he's been too successful recently.
Broad language. Appropriate choice of words there.
Archedamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:53 AM   #11
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman
 
Dutch's Avatar
 
Leatherneck

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,629

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDB7821 View Post
I hope he's fired and never returns to coaching.
This! I've been supportive of the Falcons off and on during the 17 years my wife and I have lived here in Atlanta. I was happy for Dan Reeves and the success he was able to bring to their team, but between Mike Vick....then the hiring of Bobby P. They lost me. One of the biggest D-bags in coaching, ever....at any level. Texting in his resignation before the season even ended and quiting on his team, p***Y. Arkansas got exactly what they deserved on this one. Falcon fans deserve Mike Smith and Matt Ryan after the crap Vick and Petrino put them through.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:15 AM   #12
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman
 
Dutch's Avatar
 
Leatherneck

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,629

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
another moron thinking with his penis..

and riding a bike at that..

sorry but I find that more disturbing than banging a younger woman..

Yes I know that many folks do and it is exciting..

But after having done it myself as a kid and dropping a couple on the ground not to mention the danger of cars not seeing you..

You have to be a moron to drive one on the street. IMO..
You know what they say about opinions, right?

Sorry, couldn't let this one pass. Obviously you did quite a bit of "driving" those motorbikes of your's as a "kid". Eh? Course anyone who actually spends any time on them at all refers to it as "Riding". Bet you even had someone teach you the proper way to "Drive" one and donned the proper protective gear (you know, $10 helmet for that $10 head of yours). Sorry, but as a 45 year old "moron" with over 350,000 street miles, and close to 30 years riding under my ass (at least I'm not "thinking with my penis"), I thank you for reaffirming the ignorance of most folks when it comes to Motorcycles and Motorcyclist. To say you are less disturbed that a married father of 4 is "banging a younger woman" than riding a motorcycle? Wow...just wow. Could it be that because you weren't any good at it and it scared the crap out of you, you now resent anyone else who does it? Or are you just one of those "Safety Nazi" types, or maybe just a bitter old F who might need to lighten up a bit? Sorry for the off topic rant folks. I know it won't change a thing, but that stance just pisses me off.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:26 AM   #13
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,608

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
You know what they say about opinions, right?

Sorry, couldn't let this one pass. Obviously you did quite a bit of "driving" those motorbikes of your's as a "kid". Eh? Course anyone who actually spends any time on them at all refers to it as "Riding". Bet you even had someone teach you the proper way to "Drive" one and donned the proper protective gear (you know, $10 helmet for that $10 head of yours). Sorry, but as a 45 year old "moron" with over 350,000 street miles, and close to 30 years riding under my ass (at least I'm not "thinking with my penis"), I thank you for reaffirming the ignorance of most folks when it comes to Motorcycles and Motorcyclist. To say you are less disturbed that a married father of 4 is "banging a younger woman" than riding a motorcycle? Wow...just wow. Could it be that because you weren't any good at it and it scared the crap out of you, you now resent anyone else who does it? Or are you just one of those "Safety Nazi" types, or maybe just a bitter old F who might need to lighten up a bit? Sorry for the off topic rant folks. I know it won't change a thing, but that stance just pisses me off.
He's also afraid of porn.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:38 AM   #14
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Vegas_Bronco's Avatar
 
Fear is a lack of preparation.

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Now 64 Yards Out
Posts: 5,478

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1
Default

Im just glad petrinos face after theyou wreak doesn't look as bad as her s does before the two 'hit the road'.

Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #15
delany
Uber Bronco
 
delany's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
He's also afraid of porn.
If only he was afraid of the interwebz.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #16
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,853

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

I don't get it. Unless she was a student or perhaps employee of arkansas, what's their stake in this? It's not a recuiting violation. If they start discipling coaches for having girlfriends on the side, they're gonna run out of coaches.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #17
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,308

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

I think there's multiple reasons for Arkansas to viably fire Petrino. 1, he flat out lied and the Arkansas PR people look stupid for it. 2. He just hired this bimbo who is engaged to another man and they have a relationship which they are hiding. 3. Petrino's past where he lied about contact with other college programs while working at Louisville.

He's a great coach, a great coach. But he's an idiot in his personal decisions.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #18
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,853

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

yeah, he's left them liable potentially for sexual harrassment since she's an employee.

he also recurited the best looking SEC qb I've seen since Stafford (and maybe Eli/FrownCannon)
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #19
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
You know what they say about opinions, right?

Sorry, couldn't let this one pass. Obviously you did quite a bit of "driving" those motorbikes of your's as a "kid". Eh? Course anyone who actually spends any time on them at all refers to it as "Riding". Bet you even had someone teach you the proper way to "Drive" one and donned the proper protective gear (you know, $10 helmet for that $10 head of yours). Sorry, but as a 45 year old "moron" with over 350,000 street miles, and close to 30 years riding under my ass (at least I'm not "thinking with my penis"), I thank you for reaffirming the ignorance of most folks when it comes to Motorcycles and Motorcyclist. To say you are less disturbed that a married father of 4 is "banging a younger woman" than riding a motorcycle? Wow...just wow. Could it be that because you weren't any good at it and it scared the crap out of you, you now resent anyone else who does it? Or are you just one of those "Safety Nazi" types, or maybe just a bitter old F who might need to lighten up a bit? Sorry for the off topic rant folks. I know it won't change a thing, but that stance just pisses me off.
If you haven't noticed, this jerk spends most of his time on this board passing judgement on everybody and everything. My guess is that in his off hours, he walks on water.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #20
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,381
Default



bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #21
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
When women hit menopause there vaginas loose elasticity and its ability to get wet and juicy.

The real reason for midlife crisis.....solution, get a younger chick. Problem solved.
I think I read that very thing in the Bible.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #22
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,596

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default


Dear Team,

I put my penis in a girl half my age and then I got her a job. Now I crashed a motorcycle with her on the back. Now I'm getting fired.

Goodbye,

Your Coach.



Last edited by razorwire77; 04-06-2012 at 10:07 AM..
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #23
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,806

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Maybe he was just teaching her the proper way to take a shower like coaches do at Penn State.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #24
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,853

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

http://www.womeninthebible.net/1.2.Hagar.htm

young women cause trouble. They can't help themselves, but it's their nature to tempt us men, and we cannot deny them our essense.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #25
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,308

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

If I was Arkansas, I'd dump the blond bimbo before I dump Petrino. Fact is, she's reponsible for her actions and it's a sham she's posting engagement crap on the interwebz while having a sexual relationship with the ole football coach.

If I was her fiance, I'd be tearing down that site faster than Bobby can crash a motorbike.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:18 PM.


Denver Broncos