The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 09:53 AM   #2126
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

! It looks like Clark and coach TBD will get together and decide whether or not to fire Pioli together. Clark Hunt needs to drop his nutsack and make a decision.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:29 AM   #2127
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

What an idiotic franchise. So Clark is going to hire the coach and then have the coach help him decide if he wants to keep Pioli? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:59 AM   #2128
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
What an idiotic franchise. So Clark is going to hire the coach and then have the coach help him decide if he wants to keep Pioli? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
team in disarray, I sure Hope Pioli hoses up their draft for them this year.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:01 AM   #2129
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
not if the coach is Ferentz. It's all part of the master plan.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:02 AM   #2130
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
team in disarray, I sure Hope Pioli hoses up their draft for them this year.
I bet there's a defensive lineman from LSU that Pioli has his eye on...
Old 12-31-2012, 11:02 AM   #2131
Bronco Yoda

Go Pioli.... LMFAO!!!!!

Good to see the Chefs will stay down in the cellar.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:12 AM   #2132
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
You're honestly expecting Geno Smith to pull an RGIII aren't you? God you are such a retard...
oh let the poor boy believe what he wants .dont ruin his fantasies its like telling a child santa isnt real. oops sorry bob
bob Santa is real and 2013 draft has a rgIII like qb in the draft.
i was just kidding about Santa and this years draft
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:28 AM   #2133
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
Which coincidentally is the literacy rate in Missouri.
So of all the morons that love the Chiefs, we actually get one of the few that can read with KC Dud? We really got the short end of the troll stick.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:34 AM   #2134
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I bet there's a defensive lineman from LSU that Pioli has his eye on...
Well when you look at this years draft trading down and trying to stock pile picks wouldn't be a bad idea, they could get a top LT, move their avg LT to RT, then still be able to move up if they want to get one of the questionable QB's in this draft.

They need to draft a C, G, T, shortyardage RB/FB, 2-3 WR's, TE, DT, DE, LB, 2 CB's, and a Safety.

Fact is whoever comes in is going to want to rotate the compost pile and bring in his guys.

Wouldn't be stupid to trade out of #1 pick and stock pile some picks.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:38 AM   #2135
FearLanier

From what Clark said in his statement this morning, he has completely and utterly stripped Pioli naked of all of his powers.

Clark is doing this by himself. In his statement after Haley was fired, Clark stated "We are going to go in a new direction". Today he is saying "I am going in a new direction for the answer".

Sounds like he's looking for a new HC to have power much like Shannahan did here and Belichik does in New England.

Many have speculated that Andy Reid is a guy who would be that coach. Mark Donovan, our business operations/communications President, was in Philly with Reid, so the connection is definitely there.

Dirk Koetter is another guy. Clark is meeting with him in Atlanta tomorrow. Apparently Koetter was a guy that John Elway really liked and almost hired over John Fox?
Old 12-31-2012, 11:44 AM   #2136
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
From what Clark said in his statement this morning, he has completely and utterly stripped Pioli naked of all of his powers.

Clark is doing this by himself. In his statement after Haley was fired, Clark stated "We are going to go in a new direction". Today he is saying "I am going in a new direction for the answer".

Sounds like he's looking for a new HC to have power much like Shannahan did here and Belichik does in New England.

Many have speculated that Andy Reid is a guy who would be that coach. Mark Donovan, our business operations/communications President, was in Philly with Reid, so the connection is definitely there.

Dirk Koetter is another guy. Clark is meeting with him in Atlanta tomorrow. Apparently Koetter was a guy that John Elway really liked and almost hired over John Fox?
This makes no sense at all.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:47 AM   #2137
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Well when you look at this years draft trading down and trying to stock pile picks wouldn't be a bad idea, they could get a top LT, move their avg LT to RT, then still be able to move up if they want to get one of the questionable QB's in this draft.

They need to draft a C, G, T, shortyardage RB/FB, 2-3 WR's, TE, DT, DE, LB, 2 CB's, and a Safety.

Fact is whoever comes in is going to want to rotate the compost pile and bring in his guys.

Wouldn't be stupid to trade out of #1 pick and stock pile some picks.
Albert is a top 10 LT. He's given up only 5 sacks in the last 2 seasons. He's well above average. And the Chiefs drafted the most decorated OL in Florida State history in Rodney Hudson to play Center, so it's not a big need like you claim it is. We need to see what he has.

And we only need 1 CB. Flowers had another good season this year.

And who is going to trade up? And for what player? Luke Joekel is the only player I can think of for trade bait, but not even he's a certainty.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #2138
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:

This would be incredibly stupid and equally awesome news. If Hunt moves to an antiquated model that has been proven to not work for more than ten years, I am all aboard the fail boat!
Old 12-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #2139
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Albert is a top 10 LT. He's given up only 5 sacks in the last 2 seasons. He's well above average. And the Chiefs drafted the most decorated OL in Florida State history in Rodney Hudson to play Center, so it's not a big need like you claim it is. We need to see what he has.

And we only need 1 CB. Flowers had another good season this year.

And who is going to trade up? And for what player? Luke Joekel is the only player I can think of for trade bait, but not even he's a certainty.
I meant CB wise that kFc needs a 2nd CB and a Nickel. Flowers is OK.

You guys think if you draft a QB the new HC will plug him in and go, fact is that unless the new regime is as patient as Elway and Fox were in year one using the 1st year to evaluate what they had on the roster, it is more likely there will be a mass purge as the new regime brings in their guys starting year one.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:53 AM   #2140
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
This makes no sense at all.
Pioli has no power to do anything anymore and Clark wants a HC to make all the personnel decisions.

Clark is giving all the power to the new HC. He just said the new HC will report directly to him, NOT Pioli.

Pioli is basically Milton from Office Space now
Old 12-31-2012, 11:56 AM   #2141
FearLanier

Quote:
This would be incredibly stupid and equally awesome news. If Hunt moves to an antiquated model that has been proven to not work for more than ten years, I am all aboard the fail boat!
It sure seems to be working well for New England. St. Louis is essentially doing the same thing with Jeff Fisher and that seems to be going well. Harbaugh essentially has that same power in SF too.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The most important addition to the Chiefs is not the GM or QB. It's the HC. A quality HC changes everything.

Last edited by FearLanier; 12-31-2012 at 11:58 AM..
Old 12-31-2012, 11:59 AM   #2142
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

So if Pioli has no power what would be the point of keeping him other than avoiding paying his buyout?

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:01 PM   #2143
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
It sure seems to be working well for New England. St. Louis is essentially doing the same thing with Jeff Fisher and that seems to be going well. Harbaugh essentially has that same power in SF too.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The most important addition to the Chiefs is not the GM or QB. It's the HC. A quality HC changes everything.
No.

Just....no.

Harbaugh isn't the GM. Neither is Fisher. So you have Bill Belichick as your only example.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #2144
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
It sure seems to be working well for New England.
Brady and Belly are working well for NE. Pats just cut Ron Brace, they are starting to miss on picks, they had a big D based draft to shore it up this year and they had to pick up other team's trash midseason to fill out their DB's. The cracks are there and beginning to show, once they lose a guy like Brady or their NT belly will be in the same boat Shanny was in for his last couple 3 years in Denver.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #2145
FearLanier

Quote:
No.

Just....no.

Harbaugh isn't the GM. Neither is Fisher. So you have Bill Belichick as your only example.
Jeff Fisher has absolute power in St. Louis. He's not the GM, but it's obvious he makes all the personnel moves.

That's why he had a huge disagreement with Pioli last spring. He wanted power and Pioli didn't want to give it to him.

The reason the Broncos didn't have that work well is because you had an immature guy doing the work lol.

If Cowher comes back, he too will demand full power.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #2146
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
So if Pioli has no power what would be the point of keeping him other than avoiding paying his buyout?
He knows where Romeo kept the food.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:15 PM   #2147
FearLanier

Sorry I'm not very good with twitter.

Danny Clinkscale ‏
Clark comes VERY close to saying Pioli is out, at least that's my read on it

frank boal ‏
Happy New Year Chiefs fans, listening to Clark Hunt on 810WHB, it sounds like Scott Pioli is gone too!! Its just not official.

The Program ‏
Hunt says the priority is hiring the head coach and that's why he's doing that before evaluating Pioli.

Dave Skretta ‏
#Chiefs CEO Clark Hunt says he'd like to have resolution on GM situation by start of February, before scouting combine

So Clark's first priority is getting a good coach. Then he's going to get a GM to work with that coach. Pioli is as good as gone IMO.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #2148
FearLanier

610 radio in KC reporting that Pioli believes he is all but gone. Pioli has reportedly talked to the Tennessee Titans about a spot in their front office.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:23 PM   #2149
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Sorry I'm not very good with twitter.

Danny Clinkscale ‏
Clark comes VERY close to saying Pioli is out, at least that's my read on it

frank boal ‏
Happy New Year Chiefs fans, listening to Clark Hunt on 810WHB, it sounds like Scott Pioli is gone too!! Its just not official.

The Program ‏
Hunt says the priority is hiring the head coach and that's why he's doing that before evaluating Pioli.

Dave Skretta ‏
#Chiefs CEO Clark Hunt says he'd like to have resolution on GM situation by start of February, before scouting combine

So Clark's first priority is getting a good coach. Then he's going to get a GM to work with that coach. Pioli is as good as gone IMO.
They might be looking through Pioli's contract and figuring out the best thing to fire him for...

I would think a GM would be the 1st priority and then let him hire a HC he can work with. Every time an owner pairs a GM with an HC he didn't pick it ends badly for one of them. Look at duh bears.

Bowlen handled this right by bringing in Elway as the GM 1st. The fact that Clark doesn't see the turn around by a worst to 1st team in his own division says alot about his decision making.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:24 PM   #2150
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
610 radio in KC reporting that Pioli believes he is all but gone. Pioli has reportedly talked to the Tennessee Titans about a spot in their front office.
He should race Romeo back to NE and start cleaning Belly's office and asking if he needs coffee.