The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2014, 07:11 PM   #4876
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,931

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
still clinging onto that glorious 1993 season, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Always cracks me up that dbrokeback4life is too stupid to acknowledge that Joe Montana was a true franchise QB and one of the greatest QB's In the game.
yup.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:15 PM   #4877
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
yup.
Montanta played like 25 games for KC. They really built around him.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:23 PM   #4878
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,846

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
He thinks it's all because of Manning. But Elway has a west title and a playoff game win with one of the worst QBs ever.
The AFC west was garbage that year and Denver had an easy schedule. That Tebow team would finish 3rd in the division last year.

Last edited by KCStud; 05-23-2014 at 07:27 PM..
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:25 PM   #4879
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,846

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
We are 4 or 5 wins better then KC even without Manning.
oh my god this is pure gold. I literally can't stop laughing haha
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:43 PM   #4880
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 6,810

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
The AFC west was garbage that year and Denver had an easy schedule. That Tebow team would finish 3rd in the division last year.
And yet they still did something your team hasn't in decades.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:48 PM   #4881
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,846

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
And yet they still did something your team hasn't in decades.
And yet the Chiefs beat that team in Denver in week 17.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:56 PM   #4882
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
And yet the Chiefs beat that team in Denver in week 17.
And yet they beat your team in your house with two completions the entire game.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:56 PM   #4883
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,931

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
And yet the Chiefs beat that team in Denver in week 17.
Thank God for Kyle Orton, amirite?
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:57 PM   #4884
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,694

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Enjoy it bc the Broncos are loading up for this year because they know Manning is probably done after this year. Then it's mediocrity at best
You would know, kFc has been trying to find a QB since Len Dawson retired.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:59 PM   #4885
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,694

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Lol @ saying Elway is as bad as Carl Peterson. Elway has already won as many playoff games in three years as Carl did during a tenure that spanned three decades. And Elway has SB appearance over King Carl. Chief Fans have a problem with pretending the Broncos haven't been more successful than them, and make up all sorts of lies to try and convince themselves.
Plus John did all that without pleading for the NFL to add more teams to the playoffs so his perennially 8-8, 7-9 teams could back in like Hot Carl did.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:00 PM   #4886
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,694

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I wonder how much KC will sign Alex Smith for, considering he's at the bottom of the NFL in almost every single category?

Cutler money? Rivers money? That might put a dent in the "best Defense since the 2000 Ravens". The funny thing is, the Chiefs could have gotten a better QB for much cheaper if they just drafted Teddy Bridgewater.

Not to mention they avoided drafting needs like a plague until the 6th round. Not that it was one of the deepest WR drafts in history or anything.
I hope they pay him a ton of cash and get locked into cap hell. Would make it more fun when they are forced to cut him and carry all that dead money because he is a bad inconsistent QB.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:38 PM   #4887
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,846

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
You would know, kFc has been trying to find a QB since Len Dawson retired.
No I think KC got that Montana guy for awhile. Ya know, the guy who owned your best QB on two different teams.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:49 PM   #4888
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,940

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Joe Montana smack, huh?

Welp, see ya later.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:33 AM   #4889
IA-Broncosfan53
Solid Starter
 
IA-Broncosfan53's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 201

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

resorting to the Joe Montana comment while refused to address Carl vs. Elway.

I didnt know Carl won 3 straight AFC West titles, or get this one, actually WON a single playoff game, or better yet, represented the AFC in the Super Bowl.

How was that defense carl assembled? Are the Chiefs still losing 45-41 games?

Keep trying to troll dud.
IA-Broncosfan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:43 AM   #4890
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,650

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I wonder how much KC will sign Alex Smith for, considering he's at the bottom of the NFL in almost every single category?

Cutler money? Rivers money? That might put a dent in the "best Defense since the 2000 Ravens". The funny thing is, the Chiefs could have gotten a better QB for much cheaper if they just drafted Teddy Bridgewater.

Not to mention they avoided drafting needs like a plague until the 6th round. Not that it was one of the deepest WR drafts in history or anything.
13-16 mil a year seems about right.

I agree with Teddy/WR's though.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:03 PM   #4891
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,694

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Rut Roh!

Chiefs linebacker Justin Houston is skipping OTAs since he wants a new contract, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network. #Chiefs star OLB Justin Houston skipped OTAs today. Im told he wants a new contract. He has a year left on his rookie deal at $1.4M. Ian Rapoport
more below
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...tract/16545436

Houston wants a new deal and is boycotting the OTA's.

I also heard on ESPN NFL Insiders that someone from kFc complained that there was too much contact during Reid's rookie camp...the NFL is hard.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:17 PM   #4892
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Rut Roh!

Chiefs linebacker Justin Houston is skipping OTAs since he wants a new contract, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network. #Chiefs star OLB Justin Houston skipped OTAs today. Im told he wants a new contract. He has a year left on his rookie deal at $1.4M. Ian Rapoport
more below
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...tract/16545436

Houston wants a new deal and is boycotting the OTA's.

I also heard on ESPN NFL Insiders that someone from kFc complained that there was too much contact during Reid's rookie camp...the NFL is hard.
Gaines showed up to camp 10 pounds lighter then he weighted at the combine. I guess that is s issue he has had in the past.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:12 PM   #4893
sirhcyennek sucks
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I want to see a Bobby Humphrey 1991-style holdout.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:28 PM   #4894
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,497

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek sucks View Post
I want to see a Bobby Humphrey 1991-style holdout.
Here's a probably gay bigot troll handle if I ever saw one...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:52 PM   #4895
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Here's a probably gay bigot troll handle if I ever saw one...

Or an assbag who wishes death on other team's players.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:16 PM   #4896
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,959

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
No I think KC got that Montana guy for awhile. Ya know, the guy who owned your best QB on two different teams.
By this logic, then Peyton Manning owns Alex Smith.

Also - Elway and Montana head to head went 3-3. Smith has a long way to go until he is no longer owned by Manning pursuant to your always infallible logic.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:33 PM   #4897
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

The Chiefs can save $7.25 million against the salary cap this year if they designate CB Brandon Flowers as a post-June 1 cut.

Per CBS Sports' Joel Corry, the Chiefs would also save $7.5 million against the 2015 salary cap. Kansas City likely wants to get something in return for the Pro Bowl corner, but it already doesn't have much cap room and could use the money to pay guys like OLB Justin Houston, Jamaal Charles, and Alex Smith. Flowers didn't report to OTAs Tuesday and is believed to be on the block. Due a $2 million bonus for reporting to training camp, Flowers' days are likely numbered.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:22 PM   #4898
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,694

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
The Chiefs can save $7.25 million against the salary cap this year if they designate CB Brandon Flowers as a post-June 1 cut.

Per CBS Sports' Joel Corry, the Chiefs would also save $7.5 million against the 2015 salary cap. Kansas City likely wants to get something in return for the Pro Bowl corner, but it already doesn't have much cap room and could use the money to pay guys like OLB Justin Houston, Jamaal Charles, and Alex Smith. Flowers didn't report to OTAs Tuesday and is believed to be on the block. Due a $2 million bonus for reporting to training camp, Flowers' days are likely numbered.
Sounds like they have great veteran leadership there in kFc...
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:23 PM   #4899
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,694

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
No I think KC got that Montana guy for awhile. Ya know, the guy who owned your best QB on two different teams.
But using your own criteria Montana was a failure because he didn't even get to a SB let alone win one for kFc...

Failure is your only option isn't it Studly?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:48 PM   #4900
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 3,923

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
But using your own criteria Montana was a failure because he didn't even get to a SB let alone win one for kFc...

Failure is your only option isn't it Studly?
KC alone should be the 1st clue....
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:57 AM.


Denver Broncos