The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2014, 03:40 PM   #4851
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
You can get by with that vs SD and NE not fully healthy but not against a fully healthy Seattle team.

Sure, the team wasnt prepared, you can say that, but alot of our stars/key guys were out, thats the bottom-line.

Do they win with them, probably/maybe not but its a much different game.
The nice thing about this topic is we can always fall back on the year before last.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:41 PM   #4852
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Quit making excuses. Seattle wanted it more than you did. And it doesn't matter about your D starters. They scored as many TD's as you did on ST's alone.

Your team wasn't prepared and came out completely flat. That's on Fox.
I'm sure as soon as you admit Indianapolis wanted it more then KC, most Broncos fans would have no problem admitting Seattle wanted it more then Denver.
rolandftw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:42 PM   #4853
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
I disagree. While yes we persevered we played a softer set of games with those injuries. I have to think we would've been somewhat better with a healthy set of starters. We may not have won, but I'd have to think we wouldn't have been beaten like we were. Seattle had a stronger defense then we saw all season and was entirely healthy including getting back a key player in time for the Super Bowl.
Oh, I am not saying we wouldn't have been better...we would have. My opinion is, it wasn't a talent issue. A team as talented as ours even with injuries shouldn't lose any game by 35 points. That is really all I am saying.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:50 PM   #4854
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
I'm sure as soon as you admit Indianapolis wanted it more then KC, most Broncos fans would have no problem admitting Seattle wanted it more then Denver.
The Chiefs wanted it pretty bad by their play in the first half. They played like they wanted it through about 2 and a half quarters.

The Chiefs had injuries, but Berry and DJ played their worst games as Chiefs, and not to mention the absolute embarrassments known as Dunta Robinson, Kendrick Lewis and Quinten Demps.

My grandmother could go out there and play safety better than those clowns. It's quite remarkable that Kendrick Lewis let TY Hilton get behind him when he is already deep in the backfield to begin with.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:47 PM   #4855
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Quit making excuses. Seattle wanted it more than you did. And it doesn't matter about your D starters. They scored as many TD's as you did on ST's alone.

Your team wasn't prepared and came out completely flat. That's on Fox.
It doesn't matter that nearly half of the starters were not playing?

We had no pass rush because our best pass rusher was out along with 2 starting DE's.

I still contend that the team saw the tape, knew they had to play the perfect game and imploded when things didn't go their way.

It was nice to see that we could own the AFC shorthanded and now they know what they need to do to win it all.

No way kFc competes at that kind of level for quite a long time, we are the top team in the AFC with a chance to win it all this year. I prefer that to struggling to sign a cast off QB and being forced to draft a project QB incase Smith walks or holds out.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:11 PM   #4856
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

We had no pass rush because our best pass rusher was out along with 2 starting DE's.

I still contend that the team saw the tape, knew they had to play the perfect game and imploded when things didn't go their way.

It was nice to see that we could own the AFC shorthanded and now they know what they need to do to win it all.

No way kFc competes at that kind of level for quite a long time, we are the top team in the AFC with a chance to win it all this year. I prefer that to struggling to sign a cast off QB and being forced to draft a project QB incase Smith walks or holds out.
If Alice actually held out I would laugh so freaking hard.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:56 PM   #4857
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

Enjoy it bc the Broncos are loading up for this year because they know Manning is probably done after this year. Then it's mediocrity at best
Old 05-23-2014, 05:04 PM   #4858
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Enjoy it bc the Broncos are loading up for this year because they know Manning is probably done after this year. Then it's mediocrity at best
You sure hope so. This staff has done a great job after having the number 2 pick in the draft.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:08 PM   #4859
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
You sure hope so. This staff has done a great job after having the number 2 pick in the draft.
Mediocrity is still better then anything KC has done.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:13 PM   #4860
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Not hard picking a good pick in the top 10 of that draft. Basically every pick in that range turned into a great player
Old 05-23-2014, 05:27 PM   #4861
Bronco
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Talib

Quote:
Not hard picking a good pick in the top 10 of that draft. Basically every pick in that range turned into a great player
The entire first round was pretty solid. There were only a few bust and the chiefs did a good job of picking one of them.
Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:33 PM   #4862
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
The entire first round was pretty solid. There were only a few bust and the chiefs did a good job of picking one of them.
After pick 16 there was a big drop in talent. Nowhere near the amount of success as the top 16.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:37 PM   #4863
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Aside from one McDaniels year and post Elway season the broncos compete to win the west every year. Were not worried.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:41 PM   #4864
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Aside from one McDaniels year and post Elway season the broncos compete to win the west every year. Were not worried.
The post Elway era to the Manning era looks a lot like the Carl Peterson era. A lot of mediocrity and nothing to show for it.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:45 PM   #4865
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The post Elway era to the Manning era looks a lot like the Carl Peterson era. A lot of mediocrity and nothing to show for it.
And yet more wins and playoff appearances than the chiefs.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #4866
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
And yet more wins and playoff appearances than the chiefs.
Chiefs won playoff games with King Carl and had more appearances with him..
Old 05-23-2014, 05:54 PM   #4867
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
One era is a bit longer than the other. And I was stating the chiefs performance during the post Elway era.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 05-23-2014 at 05:57 PM..
Old 05-23-2014, 06:18 PM   #4868
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Elway has already brought in more franchise QBs then KC ever had. We will be just fine.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:21 PM   #4869
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

This thread never fails to give me a slight headache.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:22 PM   #4870
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
still clinging onto that glorious 1993 season, huh?
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:46 PM   #4871
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Always cracks me up that dbrokeback4life is too stupid to acknowledge that Joe Montana was a true franchise QB and one of the greatest QB's In the game.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:56 PM   #4872
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

I wonder how much KC will sign Alex Smith for, considering he's at the bottom of the NFL in almost every single category?

Cutler money? Rivers money? That might put a dent in the "best Defense since the 2000 Ravens". The funny thing is, the Chiefs could have gotten a better QB for much cheaper if they just drafted Teddy Bridgewater.

Not to mention they avoided drafting needs like a plague until the 6th round. Not that it was one of the deepest WR drafts in history or anything.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:59 PM   #4873
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Lol @ saying Elway is as bad as Carl Peterson. Elway has already won as many playoff games in three years as Carl did during a tenure that spanned three decades. And Elway has SB appearance over King Carl. Chief Fans have a problem with pretending the Broncos haven't been more successful than them, and make up all sorts of lies to try and convince themselves.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:05 PM   #4874
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Lol @ saying Elway is as bad as Carl Peterson. Elway has already won as many playoff games in three years as Carl did during a tenure that spanned three decades. And Elway has SB appearance over King Carl. Chief Fans have a problem with pretending the Broncos haven't been more successful than them, and make up all sorts of lies to try and convince themselves.
He thinks it's all because of Manning. But Elway has a west title and a playoff game win with one of the worst QBs ever.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:06 PM   #4875
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
We are 4 or 5 wins better then KC even without Manning. We are better then KC at all three phases of football. Then add on the fact that we have a GM with the desire to win and not settle for "Alex Smith" its to good be a Broncos fan.